PDA

View Full Version : An area where freedom is increasing, speed limits increased in NH, UT, OH...

Keith and stuff
07-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Several states have recently passed laws increasing speed limits. Others are attending to do so. We have seen freedom increase in this area many times over the years, since the horrible federal program. This is a bight area in the freedom movement (the freedom of movement). Some smart people should look into why this activism in this area is working when it isn't working in most other areas.

Here is the latest on this.
July 02. 2013 3:02PM
Hassan signs bill raising I-93 limit closer to speeds motorists actually drive
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130702/NEWS07/130709864

Even in IL, I beleive the house and senate passed the bill. I'm not sure what the governor did. My point is, even in IL there is hope in this area!

pcosmar
07-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Freedom did not increase.

only the numbers on the signs.
Limits still exist. Enforcement still exists.

07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Maine has been talking about 75 on the turnpike.

Keith and stuff
07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Maine has been talking about 75 on the turnpike.

I saw that. Do you have a status update? I know the speed limit was recently increased to 75 MPH in the extremely rural area way up north. People pay enough money to use the turnpike that they should be able to drive 80 MPH without fear of a ticket.

helmuth_hubener
07-03-2013, 10:49 AM

That is true. I agree with your sentiment whole-heartedly. Privatize the roads! Let true freedom reign!

That said, it's kind of like let's say they reduced the minimum wage by 50 cents. It would then be forcibly preventing fewer people from entering into employment agreements. More people could legally work. The restriction would still be there, but it would become less onerous in practice, less relevant. Same thing for raising the speed limit. Raise the limit enough, and the limit becomes irrelevant to the vast majority of folks, just like if the minimum wage was $1/hour. Most importantly, speed traps become unworkable (unprofitable) because essentially everyone is driving below the limit, and so that entire method of predation goes bye-bye.

Ender
07-03-2013, 10:55 AM

One bite of the elephant at a time, my friend.

I look forward to no speed limits- ultimately much safer roads.

youngbuck
07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Several areas around the Denver metro area have increased their speed limits from 55 to 65. I think it's the first time in my life I ever saw speed limits increase rather than decrease.

07-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I saw that. Do you have a status update? I know the speed limit was recently increased to 75 MPH in the extremely rural area way up north. People pay enough money to use the turnpike that they should be able to drive 80 MPH without fear of a ticket.

Yeah 95 from Old Town north is 75. There's a whole lot of nothing up there, it makes sense.

The bill advanced and LePage said he would sign it.

Anti Federalist
07-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah 95 from Old Town north is 75. There's a whole lot of nothing up there, it makes sense.

The bill advanced and LePage said he would sign it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFzfDv2hz0