PDA

View Full Version : National Intelligence Director Apologizes To Congress For Perjury

AuH20
07-03-2013, 06:45 AM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/02/national-intelligence-director-apologizes-for-lying-to-congress

Origanalist
07-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Congress should not accept.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2013, 07:09 AM
"Mistakes will happen, and when I make one, I correct it," said Clapper

It wasn't a MISTAKE, it was an out and out lie.

Where is the punishment for those who willfully break their constitutional oaths?

Kords21
07-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Will Congress go after him as hard as they did those baseball players?

otherone
07-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Mulligan, chappies? hurhurhurhur

...of course, sweetie.

Sola_Fide
07-03-2013, 07:16 AM
I dont want an apology, I want you to pay for your crimes.

tod evans
07-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Indictment?

Hahahahahaha!

limequat
07-03-2013, 07:35 AM
It wasn't a MISTAKE, it was an out and out lie.

Where is the punishment for those who willfully break their constitutional oaths?

There is no punishment for the political class. Our movement cannot move forward until this problem is corrected.

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Where are our pro liberty representatives?

Matthew5
07-03-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm confident he'll receive as much punishment as the IRS leadership who apologized.

jllundqu
07-03-2013, 10:29 AM
:confused:

Um..... if he admits to lying before Congress under oath, did he not just admit to freakin PERJURY!!!!!!?????

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/02/national-intelligence-director-apologizes-for-lying-to-congress

http://i.qkme.me/3p2tq9.jpg

The director of National Intelligence apologized in June to the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee for lying during a hearing, according to a letter published on the DNI website on Tuesday.

Director James Clapper appeared before the committee in March, where Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., asked him specifically if NSA spies on millions of Americans. Clapper answered, "No."Since then, Edward Snowden reportedly leaked government documents that unveiled a secretive government program that did precisely what Wyden suggested in collecting meta data for cell phone and internet records of hundreds of millions of Americans.

Clapper says the intricacy of Wyden's question – asking for a clarification of "hundreds of millions of dossiers on people" – combined with a need to preserve classified information prompted him to give the wrong answer.

"My response was clearly erroneous – for which I apologize," he wrote in the letter to committee chair Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. "While my staff acknowledged the error to Sen. Wyden's staff soon after the hearing, I can now openly correct it because the existence of the metadata collection program has been declassified."

surf
07-03-2013, 10:35 AM
he should've pulled a Mark McGwire rather than a Rafael Palmero....

oops. that was important testimony about steroid use in baseball

kathy88
07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
When are all these so-called liberty politicians going to start screaming for arrests? Oh that's right.... Never.

Red Green
07-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Look.... he did it for the children, so it's OK. Just think of the children.

jkr
07-03-2013, 10:42 AM
APOLOGIZE FROM LEAVENWORTH KANSAS...or forgive my student loan & well call it even

jllundqu
07-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Prison would be preferable, but they aren't even asking him to resign!

Red Green
07-03-2013, 10:49 AM
The should set up a chalkboard in the meeting room next time so he can write out "I will not lie to Congress" 200 times. And then maybe a 4 page essay on why lying is bad as extra homework.

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 10:49 AM
It might compromise their political aspirations

FSP-Rebel
07-03-2013, 10:53 AM
he should've pulled a Mark McGwire rather than a Rafael Palmero....

oops. that was important testimony about steroid use in baseball
Not that Congress should have any say whatsoever regarding MLB but now there's precedent for never having to be truthful before Congress again. Letting this one slide isn't good policy.

jllundqu
07-03-2013, 11:13 AM
If this slips through the cracks... well I guess I can't expect anything from this congress.

limequat
07-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Why is congress responsible for indicting Crapper? Shouldn't the DC prosecutor be the one to press charges?

Ok, let's figure out WHO is responsible and make their life fucking miserable until Crapper is behind bars...in guantanamo.

limequat
07-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Fuck. It's Eric Holder. Also a fucking perjurer. Fuck.

HOLLYWOOD
07-03-2013, 11:28 AM
JUST-US System

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Actually the NSA is under the DoD...who is in charge of overseeing/indictments then?

limequat
07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
JUST-US System

It would appear that we-the-people have no recourse against corrupt AGs. And of course all federal AGs are fucking sleezeballs.
Here's a crime committed against the constitution. Against the entire US. Lied about under oath. ADMITTED. Nope firings, no reprimands, no indictments.
It IS a dictatorship, but the dictator is Holder.

limequat
07-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Actually the NSA is under the DoD...who is in charge of overseeing/indictments then?

Pretty sure it's still the "Justice" Department.

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Why is congress responsible for indicting Crapper? Shouldn't the DC prosecutor be the one to press charges?

Ok, let's figure out WHO is responsible and make their life fucking miserable until Crapper is behind bars...in guantanamo.

Congress is OUR representatives and WE are the injured party. Shouldnt they be demanding justice on our behalf? Instead of calling for Snowdens head on a pike.

helmuth_hubener
07-03-2013, 11:32 AM
National Intelligence Director Apologizes To Congress For Perjury Aww, isn't that sweet!

limequat
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Congress is OUR representatives and WE are the injured party. Shouldnt they be demanding justice on our behalf? Instead of calling for Snowdens head on a pike.

Congress can hold hearing put it's up to the AG to file charges.

I'm stepping way outside of my knowledge base here...but absent a human AG, I think that we could individually file suit in local civil courts. Or the class action like Rand and the ACLU are working on. I wonder if local AGs could file criminal charges at the local level? That avenue might be worth pursuing.

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 11:34 AM
They wont because they had knowledge, approved of it and arecomplicit. At least the Intelligence committee. But technically every single one who voted for the Patriot Act and its tentacles.

tod evans
07-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Congress can hold hearing put it's up to the AG to file charges.

I'm stepping way outside of my knowledge base here...but absent a human AG, I think that we could individually file suit in local civil courts. Or the class action like Rand and the ACLU are working on. I wonder if local AGs could file criminal charges at the local level? That avenue might be worth pursuing.

"Local AG's" are not accountable to the people,

They'll suck up to the closest power like a $2 whore.

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 11:44 AM
All filing individual suits..if even an option..would do is make some lawyers rich. We shouldnt have to come out of pocket ourselves. We need to find out what the due process is.

ZENemy
07-03-2013, 11:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhhdkfnzfUU

Bastiat's The Law
07-03-2013, 12:38 PM
He's a POS.

Natural Citizen
07-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Where are our pro liberty representatives?

you know, with this whole NSA thing, I'd bet someone keeps dirt on just about every single one of our representatives. Would be a great control machanism to ensure that they go with the flow.

Carlybee
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM
you know, with this whole NSA thing, I'd bet someone keeps dirt on just about every single one of our representatives. Would be a great control machanism to ensure that they go with the flow.

Oh yeah...and if they don't have any, they just make it up I'm sure...going back to the conversation the other day about that movie "Enemy of the State".