daviddee
07-02-2013, 06:29 PM

ClydeCoulter
07-02-2013, 06:37 PM
:)

Warlord
07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Bruce Fein is a superb lawyer.

Rand Paul recommended him to Snowden's dad.

Lucille
07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Despite what be unbearable worry, I know he must be unbelievably proud. He raised Edward right. God bless that family, and Bruce Fein.

tod evans
07-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Despite what be unbearable worry, I know he must be unbelievably proud. He raised Edward right. God bless that family, and Bruce Fein.

I agree with this!

DGambler
07-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Choked me up a bit.

AngryCanadian
07-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I coughed upon this part.

We encourage you to engage us in regular exchanges of ideas or thoughts about approaches to curing or mitigating the hugely suboptimal political culture of the United States. Nothing less is required to pay homage to Valley Forge, Cemetery Ridge, Omaha Beach, and other places of great sacrifice.

Nothing like after America/Britain popped and brought the third reich to power in order as an excuse to go to war in Europe and occupied it right?

daviddee
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM

jclay2
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
To me, it seems like a weak positive letter essentially saying "your right we believe you, but it is time to listen to the authorities and turn yourself in". And also that "the government's goal is not to enslave or reduce liberties of the population". If I did the unbelievably courageous act that snowden did, I would expect my father to write letters and go on as much media as possible showing full support and calling out the government for the tyrants they are. To me this just looks like extremely weak sauce.

GregSarnowski
07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
To me, it seems like a weak positive letter essentially saying "your right we believe you, but it is time to listen to the authorities and turn yourself in". And also that "the government's goal is not to enslave or reduce liberties of the population". If I did the unbelievably courageous act that snowden did, I would expect my father to write letters and go on as much media as possible showing full support and calling out the government for the tyrants they are. To me this just looks like extremely weak sauce.

Are you referring to this line?

We think you would agree that the final end of the state is to make men and women free to develop their faculties, not to seek planetary domination through force, violence or spying.

I think you're widely misconstruing it. The first part is the ideal, saying that government should exist to foster individual liberty, the second part is the current reality which Snowden's actions have helped to expose.

No where does it implore him to turn himself in; it just asks him to keep in touch in so many words.

Warlord
07-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Edward's going to have a shitty 4th in the bunker underneath the airport (I assume that's where he is in some secret part).

He needs to find his way to Venezuela and ignore his dad's pleas. They're absolutely determined to string him up and imprison him to make an example.

FSP-Rebel
07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
We encourage you to engage us in regular exchanges of ideas or thoughts about approaches to curing or mitigating the hugely suboptimal political culture of the United States. Nothing less is required to pay homage to Valley Forge, Cemetery Ridge, Omaha Beach, and other places of great sacrifice.
Interestingly and IIRC, Cemetery Ridge is where the South valiantly charged the Union forces to complete a full invasion of the North and got cut down at Gettysburg on day 3. Sacrificing being mostly on the South's part that day and all..;)

green73
07-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Bruce Fein is a superb lawyer.

Rand Paul recommended him to Snowden's dad.

Rand has been in contact with Snowden's dad? Now that's news. Got a link?