PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Greenwald: Edward Snowden's Leak To Guardian 'Is Basically Done'

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 12:10 PM
(odd that he'd stated before that it was going to take 3 months to release everything)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/edward-snowden-leak-done_n_3530107.html

Glenn Greenwald hinted on Monday that Edward Snowden has leaked all of the documents that he intended to pass on to news outlets.

Snowden, who is currently holed up in Moscow's airport, has so far given top-secret National Security Agency files to four outlets: the Guardian, the Washington Post, Hong Kong's South China Morning Post and, as of Monday, Germany's Der Spiegel, which published an explosive story about the extent of NSA spying in Europe.

On Sunday, WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange, whose organization has been assisting Snowden, told ABC News that there was nothing anybody could do to stop the release of more documents. But Greenwald tweeted on Monday that essentially everything that could be leaked from Snowden to the media has been leaked:

UPDATE: On Tuesday, Greenwald expanded on his previous tweet:

I didn't say Snowden couldn't leak more documents if he wanted to. Obviously, he can do so if he's inclined. That's obvious.

What I said is that he's not doling out documents to us in drips & drabs. He gave us all the documents he provided to us weeks ago. That process is done. And we - not he - are the one deciding which of those gets published and which don't, and in what order. That's what this meant: "Snowden's leak is basically done. It's newspapers - not Snowden - deciding what gets disclosed and in what sequence."

-t

LibertyEagle
07-02-2013, 12:12 PM
What's odd? He didn't say they were through releasing information.

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Glenn Greenwald: New bombshell coming
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/glenn-greenwald-nsa-leak-edward-snowden-93648.html

[VIDEO at link]

Another big National Security Agency scoop is coming soon, Glenn Greenwald said on Tuesday.

“Just wait a little bit, you’ll have it,” The Guardian journalist who broke the NSA surveillance story said on “Fox & Friends.”

Although Greenwald wouldn’t reveal exactly what the new revelations are, he said the world “will be shocked.”

“I will say that there are vast programs, both domestic and international spying, that the world will be shocked to learn about, that the NSA is engaged in with no democratic accountability and that’s what driving our reporting,” Greenwald said.

Greenwald also said President Barack Obama’s administration is using leaker Edward Snowden as an example to prevent future whistleblowers from coming forward.

“I think what the Obama administration wants, and has been trying to establish for the last almost five years now with the unprecedented war on whistleblowers that it is waging, and to make it so that everybody is petrified of coming forward with information about what our political officials are doing in the dark that is deceitful, illegal or corrupt,” Greenwald said.

He added that the administration doesn’t care about Snowden anymore.

“They don’t care about Edward Snowden at this point; he can no longer do anything that he hasn’t already done; what they care about is making an extremely negative example out of him to intimidate future whistleblowers from coming forward because they’ll think that they’ll end up like him,” Greenwald said.

====

Supposedly there were tens of thousands of pages of documents he handed over, and we've only seen a hundred pages or so? WTF??? Also, he's now dolled out info to 4 newspapers and rejected Russia's offer of asylum because he's have to stop leaking, so hmmm...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 10:47 PM
What's odd? He didn't say they were through releasing information.

"it's basically done" is what's odd.

and it looks like it's not:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-the-danger-of-what-edward-snowden-has-not-revealed/2013/07/01/67f95a18-e251-11e2-aef3-339619eab080_story.html

That’s not all. Snowden has reportedly given copies of the full archives of all the classified information in his possession to news organizations as a precautionary measure in case anything happens to him. Guardian reporter Glenn Greenwald recently bragged that “The majority of revelations that are significant have yet to be made.” One can only imagine what foreign intelligence services are doing to the computers of Greenwald and others who claim to have received classified documents from Snowden. I have news for Greenwald: The government is hacking your computers, reading your e-mails and monitoring your communications. Not the government in Washington, mind you, but the governments in Moscow and Beijing.

Greenwald said the people in possession of Snowden’s files “cannot access them yet because they are highly encrypted and they do not have the passwords.” I’m sure that elicited laughter in Moscow and Beijing. Snowden’s encryption may be an obstacle for journalists such as Greenwald, but it’s not a problem for the PLA and the FSB.

(on that last part - wanna bet? - lol!)

-t

J_White
07-02-2013, 11:24 PM
that is interesting.
this wave is going to go down now.
and people will go to sleep again.
and the govt will keep spying on us, trying to disarm us.
and we march on the road to tyranny !

Romulus
07-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I heard major bombshells were coming... wonder which one it is?