PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Message Regarding Edward Snowden/1984

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 01:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTcyQA-pdzo

Our message is simple: If you do not disband the big brother state, than we will do it for you.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Anonymous Message on PRISM and Edward Snowden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOCdXvCP_Q

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 02:15 AM
#OpBigBrother IDP13 PROMO ) August the 31st 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aZEFWtGvDQ

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 02:21 AM
this one is a bit different for an Anonymous vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4quKtrxRrE

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG5PUMDRfGI

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 02:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbq_zv93c9U

-t

Working Poor
07-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Anonymous ain't shit.

DGambler
07-02-2013, 04:44 AM
Anonymous ain't shit.

I tend to agree, what change have the affected other than give mundanes a reason to think "hackers" are bad?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-02-2013, 07:34 AM
I tend to agree, what change have the affected other than give mundanes a reason to think "hackers" are bad?

Well, I think that would be the media, not anonymous.

I'm not affiliated with anonymous, not real knowledgeable, and wouldn't call myself a fan, but I can explain one change they are affecting. They seem to be convincing a younger, otherwise educated and impotent feeling generation, that they aren't completely powerless.

I think that counts for something.

Cleaner44
07-02-2013, 08:48 AM
The state will never disband the big brother programs voluntarily. If Anonymous has the ability, they had better get started now because waiting for the government workers to do it is a pointless endeavor.

ghengis86
07-02-2013, 08:57 AM
The state will never disband the big brother programs voluntarily. If Anonymous has the ability, they had better get started now because waiting for the government workers to do it is a pointless endeavor.

Why wait until 8/31? They've had plenty of time. Lets get on with it already.

And why make threats? Just do it

ClydeCoulter
07-02-2013, 09:00 AM

Does Beck use the same public relations people to advise him?

belian78
07-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Anonymous is nothing but controlled opposition at best, and a surveillance and entrapment outfit at worst. WTF have they actually DONE since hiding behind Guy Fawkes masks and make edgy videos?

Fredom101
07-02-2013, 09:16 AM

Yep. Anonymous seems to be all talk. For all we know it's a bunch of 12 year olds making these videos, with no hacking knowledge whatsoever.

HOLLYWOOD
07-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Anonymous ain't shit.I thought Anonymous is COINTEL... Yes they are...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM

I believe since they are rather decentralized, it takes time to get people to come on board with anything. People who want to organize protests market them, and give other people advanced warning / invitation to participate. This looks like the same thing to me.

jllundqu
07-02-2013, 10:12 AM
OOOooooo AAAAhhhhhh..... Not a denial of service attack!!! You mean the best they can do is flood sites with fake traffic to keep their pages from refreshing and sometimes getting a hold of personal bio data of some podunk police departments and posting it on the interwebs? lulz :rolleyes:

When anonymous takes down Goldman Sachs main servers or crashes the Dow.... I'll be impressed. These vids are a joke.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-02-2013, 10:23 AM
OOOooooo AAAAhhhhhh..... Not a denial of service attack!!! You mean the best they can do is flood sites with fake traffic to keep their pages from refreshing and sometimes getting a hold of personal bio data of some podunk police departments and posting it on the interwebs? lulz :rolleyes:

When anonymous takes down Goldman Sachs main servers or crashes the Dow.... I'll be impressed. These vids are a joke.

I'm confused. Would you like more or less attention brought to the issue? You're even sporting a Snowden avatar. There are times when doing something is better than doing nothing, and this seems like one of them.

You found it worthwhile to change your avatar. How much of an impact do you believe that is having? Should people be mocking you for its lack of impact? Or do you believe it's having some kind of large impact?

I see it a lot, and just don't understand why people feel the need to attack people they agree with. I wear shirts that say things. Large impact? Nope. Something better than nothing? Probably.

jllundqu
07-02-2013, 11:22 AM
The only people who look at out avatars are the people on RPF... not really a big statement. I have a voice that I use well beyond the internet to fight the good fight. I am simply illustrating that Anonymous is held on a pedistal by some when they are really kinda silly. Yes, they are doing 'something' but not really anything noteworthly. I applaud them for bringing (albeit limited) awareness to a younger audience, but that is all. People who think Anonymous will end like "Fight Club" are going to be waiting for a long time.

Thor
07-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Our message is simple: If you do not disband the big brother state, than we will do it for you.

Please and thank you.

thoughtomator
07-02-2013, 11:29 AM
"Anonymous" is at least 25%, and probably over 50%, US government informers, spooks, and snitches. What better way to control the opposition than to make even your very identity pointless to try to authenticate?

LibertyEagle
07-02-2013, 11:57 AM
I've always said we wanted the UNIX sysads, etc. with us when the sthf. These folks are the independent and very talented sort. I can't imagine that they like what is going on right now. It has occurred to me more times than I can count if Anonymous is a government creation intended to derail any real kind of dissent of this sort.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-02-2013, 12:06 PM
The only people who look at out avatars are the people on RPF... not really a big statement. I have a voice that I use well beyond the internet to fight the good fight. I am simply illustrating that Anonymous is held on a pedistal by some when they are really kinda silly. Yes, they are doing 'something' but not really anything noteworthly. I applaud them for bringing (albeit limited) awareness to a younger audience, but that is all. People who think Anonymous will end like "Fight Club" are going to be waiting for a long time.

Fair enough.

"Anonymous" is at least 25%, and probably over 50%, US government informers, spooks, and snitches. What better way to control the opposition than to make even your very identity pointless to try to authenticate?

I'd imagine at least some. I'd imagine any large RP orgs weren't lacking informers and spooks. However, I think anonymity can be important for political speech, which is what part of the entire Snowden thing is about. For me, it's almost all of it. For others, it's basic privacy issues.

libertarianMoney
07-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I've never really thought of Anonymous as much of a group. It seems too decentralized and doesn't really have specific agendas. There are some participants that do everything but there is also a large base that comes and goes based on the individual opinions on the situation. Some anonymous actions do big things. Many anonymous actions lacking support just fizzle out. I just see anonymous as another form of protesting.

Most of the time they talk an annoyingly big game with interesting yet completely insignificant results. (Just like most forms of protesting.) On the positive side of their protesting, they can get attention to causes (even in mainstream because of their whole Fawkes getup.). They're also non-violent.

I may not support everything they do but I don't see any reason to not play the live and let live card. Heck, what do I know, they might be the ones to find the right solution.

puppetmaster
07-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Anonymous ain't shit.

They are activists....they are better than 99.9% of the world. They fight in a different way. We all need to be ACTIVISTS using our strong points. But alas, most sit back and just vent...that ain't shit.

Christian Liberty
07-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Is Annonymous friendly to liberty or opposed to it? I honestly know next to nothing about them...

twomp
07-02-2013, 03:34 PM

Only the statist and the tyrants want people to be "identified". The majority of us prefer not to have our identity out there for the world to see. I would say that you would agree with me because your name on this forum is thoughtomator and not your real name. Can we say that you are controlled opposition as well since you didn't make your identity known for us to authenticate?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Is Annonymous friendly to liberty or opposed to it? I honestly know next to nothing about them...

I shouldn't have the most posts in this thread, but I've seen some of everything. Since they are "anonymous," they're easy to spoof. Since centralization is lacking, certain people will put their ideas forth, and then see who wants to participate.

But when normal non-participants are sharing their videos, it seems to suggest there will be a high level of participation... like the similarity to protests.

Of course... it would be spooks and spoofs that the news media would highlight. And they also must be labeled as terrorists... not protestors.

randpaul2016
07-02-2013, 06:00 PM

funfact: they endorsed Ron Paul

randpaul2016
07-02-2013, 06:10 PM
nice