PDA

View Full Version : Getting RP more name recognition with funny Videos - RP Cat Chases Laser

InTheoryTV
11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
There are a lot of great videos on the net about Ron Paul. Unfortunately most people are not paying attention to politics. We will need to reach these people in order to win.

A couple of months ago I had a post on my blog (intheory.tv) featured on the front page of DIGG. I had put together a video about hundreds of dogs swimming in a pool in my towns annual Pooch Plunge. I started to get a lot of visitors to my site and I put up Ron Paul advertising on my site directing people to Ron Paul's web site, as well as have Ron Paul embedded videos under my entertainment videos.

Tonight I was playing with my cat with a laser pointer, thinking about Ron Paul as well as my newest toy an ancient Tibetan Singing Bowl.

Decided to throw the thoughts together and make a short video (less than a minute). The video doesn't focus on spreading Ron Paul's message, but does get his name out there by shear presence. The video is both animal fun and background advertising for Ron Paul. Consider sending the video link to your non-political friends to help further Ron Paul's name recognition.

Here is the video:
Ron Paul Cat chases Laser
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDfaJzhxBI

If you like it the video visit my blog and DIGG it: http://www.intheory.tv/?p=139

What other videos are out there that don't focus on Ron Paul, but have signs/banners in the background?

Revolution9
11-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Alright ...where is the obligatory Ron Paul pet tshirt?? eh?? My cat wants to know and claims your cat is not a true believer and just seeking fame on RP's coattails:D

Best
Randy

DXDoug
11-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Great video the cat is cute ! :D

Sematary
11-27-2007, 01:43 AM
How about securing voter registration lists and canvassing. THAT is how we will win this election!

InTheoryTV
11-27-2007, 01:51 AM
I agree about canvassing is by far the best way to get people to change the mind. I have spent several Saturday's going door to door and it is indeed the best way.

In this thread I share my experiences of going canvasing:
VICTORY: Face to Face, Door to Door
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33526

So go door to door and talk to your friends... but a little name shot couldn't hurt either in my opinion.

Delain
11-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Legalize catnip!

Magsec
11-27-2007, 01:59 AM
It would've been much better if you didn't include "the last song ever played," it's kinda depressing, especially the last chime.

noztnac
11-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Go look at "catprin"

It's a Japanese site with cat outfits. Maybe make a Ron Paul cat suit.

InTheoryTV
11-27-2007, 07:42 AM
I'll see about getting a Ron Paul shirt for the cat.

lol

InTheoryTV
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Magsec --

I don't know the song you are talking about. I used a bell that is shaped like a bowl to make the background sound. Perhaps a a circus song would of worked better.

Elwar
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I've thought about this as well...a funny viral video that people will be amused by but is also something a Hillary supporter might pass on as funny.

I figured a theme of videos that shows someone doing something really stupid, then at the end it says something like "Don't be an idiot, vote for Ron Paul", or "Don't be stupid like Joe, vote for Ron Paul".