PDA

View Full Version : hilarious.. now that nsa issues fell through with liberals

jtstellar
06-30-2013, 10:32 PM
since they can no longer just be openly calling people like snowden a traitor because of liberal backlash, from their own base, tonight (sunday) on CNN they're just showing crime documentaries over and over, with all kinds of spooky music and edited "horrifying" pictures plastered over and over in their "FBI success stories", or in essence their investigation of D.C. sniper to oklahoma city bombing to attempted assassination of Reagan.. Just watched the end of the D.C. sniper segment and they ended with something like "it would be nice if we could reduce the list of victims". It's so obvious they could have just typed out some caption "if you let us do more spying we could have caught these guys much more quickly, so it's you childish privacy advocate's fault".

are boomers really that fucking stupid or is it just my gen Y BS radar detector working over time on this? these 50 year old show producers are so used to broadcasting to boomer audience.. normally Sunday they would do some food show from Anthony Bourdain or some light material. This week they have a show about FBI success stories. What chances. They seriously commit shit this obvious and expect no one to feel barf coming up from their esophagus?

edit: of course i don't mean all boomers, but the % is certainly great enough that mass media can do shit like this and still turn a profit.. But just ignore that part because generation war isn't my point, besides boomers seem to be going under rapid awakening recently, from the infighting between rubio and sarah palin and the instant backlash from this thousand-page immigration bill, etc. Their awakening is 5 years late, but better than never. Is it all possibly because Rand is in their age group? I've heard the theory that boomers despise their parents' generation.. there could be some underlying cause why they held hostility toward ron, but when it's rand, the message is suddenly resonating among boomers.. worth pondering

Carlybee
06-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Well this boomer doesn't watch that drivel. Why does anyone even tune in to that stupid network? Or Fox either for that matter. MSNBC goes without saying anyone who watches that has long been brain dead. You complain about CNN, yet you apparently are glued to it. If you honestly think you are going to get any real or insightful news you are spitting in the wind. The networks are owned. Simply. Owned. And it has nothing to do with what generation they come from. They are just cowards. And the more people watch them the longer they stay in the business of business as usual.

jclay2
06-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Well this boomer doesn't watch that drivel. Why does anyone even tune in to that stupid network? Or Fox either for that matter. MSNBC goes without saying anyone who watches that has long been brain dead. You complain about CNN, yet you apparently are glued to it. If you honestly think you are going to get any real or insightful news you are spitting in the wind. The networks are owned. Simply. Owned. And it has nothing to do with what generation they come from. They are just cowards. And the more people watch them the longer they stay in the business of business as usual.

I agree, but am also guilty of watching it just to see how bad current affairs have fallen. Since then, though, I have cut cable.

Henry Rogue
06-30-2013, 11:10 PM
since they can no longer just be openly calling people like snowden a traitor because of liberal backlash, from their own base, tonight (sunday) on CNN they're just showing crime documentaries over and over, with all kinds of spooky music and edited "horrifying" pictures plastered over and over in their "FBI success stories", or in essence their investigation of D.C. sniper to oklahoma city bombing to attempted assassination of Reagan.. Just watched the end of the D.C. sniper segment and they ended with something like "it would be nice if we could reduce the list of victims". It's so obvious they could have just typed out some caption "if you let us do more spying we could have caught these guys much more quickly, so it's you childish privacy advocate's fault".

are boomers really that fucking stupid or is it just my gen Y BS radar detector working over time on this? these 50 year old show producers are so used to broadcasting to boomer audience.. normally Sunday they would do some food show from Anthony Bourdain or some light material. This week they have a show about FBI success stories. What chances. They seriously commit shit this obvious and expect no one to feel barf coming up from their esophagus?I don't think it is age related, some people spot it, some don't.

Brian4Liberty
07-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Fox Neocon Sunday had Trey Gowdy on to tell us what he thought he could sell his constituents from a wishlist from corporatists and special interests. Goes to show who he represents.

mad cow
07-01-2013, 12:31 AM
are boomers really that fucking stupid or is it just my gen Y BS radar detector working over time on this?

I am a boomer,I wouldn't watch something that stupid.In fact,I don't even have cable.
You are Generation Y and you watched it.

TV only cares and models their product on what consumers 18 to 54 would like to see.That does not include boomers.That does include you.
It appears that they were successful.You watched it.

QuickZ06
07-01-2013, 01:37 AM
I don't need to watch some stand up comedian on comedy central for a laugh, I just go straight to the news channels. The only media I care about does not even exists yet, but since I got some money to spend today I am going to try and help out as much as I can.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project-0

tod evans
07-01-2013, 03:18 AM
I am a boomer,I wouldn't watch something that stupid.In fact,I don't even have cable.
You are Generation Y and you watched it.

TV only cares and models their product on what consumers 18 to 54 would like to see.That does not include boomers.That does include you.
It appears that they were successful.You watched it.

As a "boomer" I agree with this entire post.

I too have never had cable not once.

jtstellar
07-01-2013, 04:11 AM
then i switched over to Fox just to see stossel asking in an oblivious tone "why is this nsa story important?" to Justin Amash..

then within 5 minutes stossel was full on blasting IRS scandal, but he doesn't know why we should stop data collection which IRS can use. Is john stossel getting alzheimers

tmg19103
07-01-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm on the cusp of a boomer (47). Why watch TV? I never watch any shows on TV. I get my news on the internet from less biased sources - and from a variety of sources and pick and choose to see what is really going on from all those sources. Read between the lines, so to speak.

Only TV you see me catching is an occasional movie or sporting event for an escape/mindless pleasure. Nothing can be taken seriously on TV.

Alas, the sheeple eat this stuff up - and often regardless of age.