PDA

View Full Version : New Website That I Have Created To Promote The Liberty Movement

Petar
06-30-2013, 05:02 PM
www.libertycrusaders.com (http://www.libertycrusaders.com)

Note to Bryan: Let me know if there is anything here that you would like to possibly add to Ron Paul Forums as well.

I have chosen 8 of the most liberty oriented rep's that exist in the United States federal government, and I have created this website in order to focus on promoting them all at once.

My goal is to use the concept of co-promotion in order to create something that is more than the sum of its parts.

The site automatically creates blog posts of YouTube videos from all of the rep's individual channels, which then get re-posted to the site's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LibertyCrusaders (https://www.facebook.com/LibertyCrusaders) and also the site's Twitter account: www.twitter.com/crusade4liberty (https://twitter.com/crusade4liberty).

Articles from the Ron Paul Institute (http://ronpaulinstitute.org/) are also auto-blogged and auto-shared on Facebook and Twitter (in excerpt form with a link back to the original source).

The comments section of the blog is integrated with Facebook's threaded comments widget, so all discussion on the site can be spread through Facebook.

In addition, the site also displays the 7 latest Facebook updates from each rep, in the sidebar on the right.

I have also set up a service that will automatically post all Facebook updates from each rep to the site's Facebook page and Twitter account.

If you click on an individual rep's name, then you will only see YouTube vids and Facebook posts from that individual rep.

The site has Google+, Facebook, and Twitter sharing buttons, so that the front page and individual blog posts can be shared on social media.

If you like the site, then please share it on social media, and comment on some of the articles.

Petar

Warlord
06-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Your list is pretty accurate. After them it only gets worse and on to different levels. Maybe look at those who voted against Boehner as a clue. Labrador is very good and I think would make a great VP pick should Rand land the nomination (he will). Gohmert is good on some issues. Walter B. Jones on some issues? there's still a few more. Much better than even a few years ago anyway!

Love the site.

Warlord
06-30-2013, 05:14 PM
One thing it's a little slow loading them up when you click through at least to Massie clogged my browser up for a second and maybe the right hand sidebar can be improved?

Warlord
06-30-2013, 05:16 PM
I think the slow loading is due to the facebook integration or the youtube embedding. It's pretty bad. You should ditch it for disqus for comments and find some other way of doing this ?

CPUd
06-30-2013, 05:17 PM
It's good design. You may want to consider having no more than 5 videos on the front page.

ClydeCoulter
06-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Commented, shared and tweeted :)

Maybe, later on, you could add an "Almost crusaders" section that talked about those that Warlord mentioned, like Jones, etc... You could show how these could move to the liberty platform, if only...

Warlord
06-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Basically there's too many youtubes embeded and its hurting flash in the browser I think... nearly a dozen of them on Amash's page. I dont know if facebook integration is making it slow or if its the youtube's. Probably the youtube's as facebook's servers should be fast. You should have no more than 3 posts on each page with a break saying "next page".

Petar
06-30-2013, 05:22 PM
The sidebar on the right that shows the 7 latest Facebook posts is the thing that really slows the site down in my experience.

If I could convert it to AJAX then maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

I did add a caching plugin that seemed to speed things up, but maybe it still seems slow as I was repeatedly emptying cache while I debugged some things a couple of minutes ago?

Warlord
06-30-2013, 05:24 PM
The sidebar on the right that shows the 7 latest Facebook posts is the thing that really slows the site down in my experience.

If I could convert it to Ajax then maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

Reduce the number of posts per page as there's too many youtube's then lets see how fast it is.

If still slow then can you reduce last 7 facebook posts to maybe last 5? 3? keep playing with it and optimizing.

I love the concept though it's very good idea to promote multiple candidates and build interest. Maybe give them a subdomain? like massie.libertycrusader.com - then maybe their own forum to keep users on the site and coming back.. collect their email etc :) this is useful to help further promote them in the future or help raise money and then other candidates.

Warlord
06-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Definitely do a "Get Tom Massie updates in your email" and put that box somewhere prominent to collect email addresses. This would make it a fine activist tool for the movement if you can get people's emails who are specifically interested in a candidate and maybe email them a newsletter once a fortnight with the latest posts, news, videos , votes or whatever.

Also maybe you need a brief bio of each candidate at the top to introduce people to who they are what their district is... can get this info from their wikipedia's.

Petar
06-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Definitely do a "Get Tom Massie updates in your email" and put that box somewhere prominent to collect email addresses. This is would make it a fine activist tool for the movement if you can get people's emails who are specifically interested in a candidate and maybe email them a newsletter once a fortnight with the latest posts, news, videos , votes or whatever.

I think you're right, I have to integrate email subscription.

amy31416
06-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Definitely took a while to load, but I have a slow connection. I don't think I'd get rid of the FB parts of it, it's nice to have all that in one place.

Very classy looking site, love the sketches, and very good choices in candidates to support. Perhaps if you have a link to each person's bio somewhere, that would be good too.

oyarde
06-30-2013, 06:45 PM

Note to Bryan: Let me know if there is anything here that you would like to possibly add to Ron Paul Forums as well.

I have chosen 8 of the most liberty oriented rep's that exist in the United States federal government, and I have created this website in order to focus on promoting them all at once.

My goal is to use the concept of co-promotion in order to create something that is more than the sum of its parts.

The site automatically creates blog posts of YouTube videos from all of the rep's individual channels, which then get re-posted to the site's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LibertyCrusaders (https://www.facebook.com/LibertyCrusaders) and also the site's Twitter account: www.twitter.com/crusade4liberty (https://twitter.com/crusade4liberty).

Articles from the Ron Paul Institute (http://ronpaulinstitute.org/) are also auto-blogged and auto-shared on Facebook and Twitter (in excerpt form with a link back to the original source).

The comments section of the blog is integrated with Facebook's threaded comments widget, so all discussion on the site can be spread through Facebook.

In addition, the site also displays the 7 latest Facebook updates from each rep, in the sidebar on the right.

I have also set up a service that will automatically post all Facebook updates from each rep to the site's Facebook page and Twitter account.

If you click on an individual rep's name, then you will only see YouTube vids and Facebook posts from that individual rep.

The site has Google+, Facebook, and Twitter sharing buttons, so that the front page and individual blog posts can be shared on social media.

If you like the site, then please share it on social media, and comment on some of the articles.

Petar

Seems to scroll slow , but I lke it .

mad cow
06-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Nice,Bookmarked.

NorfolkPCSolutions
06-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Well, what's this? A website that concisely represents a liberty-based message and serves as a useful tool for assisting in the waking of minds? I believe I will share the link via email to my Neocon parents. They luuuv Rand Paul, or so they say - I believe their hearts are in the right place even if their minds are not.

Place easily digestible information before folks such as they, as this site does, and they just might come around in time for 2016.

FSP-Rebel
06-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Well, what's this? A website that concisely represents a liberty-based message and serves as a useful tool for assisting in the waking of minds? I believe I will share the link via email to my Neocon parents. They luuuv Rand Paul, or so they say - I believe their hearts are in the right place even if their minds are not.

Place easily digestible information before folks such as they, as this site does, and they just might come around in time for 2016.
That's pretty much what I thought of the site in terms of being different from what we do here (which most people don't go for) yet focuses on all media and relevant postings about true, pro-liberty politicians. The site name is also very appropriate and I think this is a great hub for us to spread around to conservative types as a way for them to keep up to speed on what the real politician heroes are up to. It's modeled similar to daily paul w/o all of their nonsense. Top shelf for sure.

FindLiberty
06-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Nice,Bookmarked. Yes, I did too.

satchelmcqueen
06-30-2013, 07:26 PM
nice

angelatc
06-30-2013, 07:30 PM
I think it looks good.

Henry Rogue
06-30-2013, 07:30 PM
That's really nice Petar. I like how you rank them. Bookmarked and I will show this to people we have coming over for the Fourth.

TaftFan
06-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Your list is pretty accurate. After them it only gets worse and on to different levels. Maybe look at those who voted against Boehner as a clue. Labrador is very good and I think would make a great VP pick should Rand land the nomination (he will). Gohmert is good on some issues. Walter B. Jones on some issues? there's still a few more. Much better than even a few years ago anyway!

Love the site.

Walter Jones, Tom McClintock, Paul Broun, Steve Stockman, and Jimmy Duncan should be included. Not so sure about Labrador anymore. Gohmert wouldn't meet the qualifications IMO.

TaftFan
06-30-2013, 08:07 PM
The JBS rankings are best used to see how people are voting.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/

georgiaboy
06-30-2013, 08:11 PM
top notch, top notch.

Warlord
06-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Walter Jones, Tom McClintock, Paul Broun, Steve Stockman, and Jimmy Duncan should be included. Not so sure about Labrador anymore. Gohmert wouldn't meet the qualifications IMO.

Got a lot of faith in Labrador. Would make a great VP pick for Rand. He wont let us down.

Those are good picks. we're doing a lot better than just a few years ago. Almost an embarrassment of riches.

McClintock has been there since 2008 btw... annoying how all of these good rep's get passed over for leadership.

truthsaga
06-30-2013, 08:30 PM
I agree the sidebar could use a little more content, but I am sure as time goes by more content will be available to add in. The layout is appealing and inspiring as it had me looking back to when I first heard of these gentleman's names, along with my entrance into liberty movement.

One suggestion I have is to have a link where we can see the top 10 Liberty Crusader moments or the top moments from each crusader.

Great side!

Petar
06-30-2013, 11:19 PM

Love the site.

Thanks man.

One thing it's a little slow loading them up when you click through at least to Massie clogged my browser up for a second and maybe the right hand sidebar can be improved?

Yeah, the Facebook feed on the right needs to be converted to AJAX or use some kind of caching. Hopefully my coder wizard buddy will be able to help me get that done for under $100.

I think the slow loading is due to the facebook integration or the youtube embedding. It's pretty bad. You should ditch it for disqus for comments and find some other way of doing this ?

I ended up going with the native commenting system, with a plugin that enables comments from using Facebook and Twitter accounts.

The advantage is that it loads much faster, but it still takes a couple seconds to actually make a comment.

Basically there's too many youtubes embeded and its hurting flash in the browser I think... nearly a dozen of them on Amash's page. I dont know if facebook integration is making it slow or if its the youtube's. Probably the youtube's as facebook's servers should be fast. You should have no more than 3 posts on each page with a break saying "next page".

Reduce the number of posts per page as there's too many youtube's then lets see how fast it is.

If still slow then can you reduce last 7 facebook posts to maybe last 5? 3? keep playing with it and optimizing.

I love the concept though it's very good idea to promote multiple candidates and build interest. Maybe give them a subdomain? like massie.libertycrusader.com - then maybe their own forum to keep users on the site and coming back.. collect their email etc :) this is useful to help further promote them in the future or help raise money and then other candidates.

Definitely do a "Get Tom Massie updates in your email" and put that box somewhere prominent to collect email addresses. This would make it a fine activist tool for the movement if you can get people's emails who are specifically interested in a candidate and maybe email them a newsletter once a fortnight with the latest posts, news, videos , votes or whatever.

Also maybe you need a brief bio of each candidate at the top to introduce people to who they are what their district is... can get this info from their wikipedia's.

The site uses infinite scroll, so it only actually loads 5 posts at a time.

The Facebook feed thing on the right really is what is killing the site's performance. It needs to be converted to AJAX.

I was originally using subdomains with multiblogs, but that was actually a maintenance nightmare.

Much easier to use categories.

I really do need to develop email subscriptions, and perhaps a bio for each rep in their category.

Thank you very much for your encouraging statements.

It's good design. You may want to consider having no more than 5 videos on the front page.

Thank you very much, and please see above comments.

Commented, shared and tweeted :)

Maybe, later on, you could add an "Almost crusaders" section that talked about those that Warlord mentioned, like Jones, etc... You could show how these could move to the liberty platform, if only...

Thanks a lot Clyde.

Hopefully the site ends up helping the people who are already with us, and then more will no doubt come forward when they are successful.

Definitely took a while to load, but I have a slow connection. I don't think I'd get rid of the FB parts of it, it's nice to have all that in one place.

Very classy looking site, love the sketches, and very good choices in candidates to support. Perhaps if you have a link to each person's bio somewhere, that would be good too.

Thanks Amy, I'll try to speed that up for you.

Seems to scroll slow , but I lke it .

Thanks.

Nice,Bookmarked.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for the very encouraging assessment.

Hopefully your parents get into in and start commenting on things.

That's pretty much what I thought of the site in terms of being different from what we do here (which most people don't go for) yet focuses on all media and relevant postings about true, pro-liberty politicians. The site name is also very appropriate and I think this is a great hub for us to spread around to conservative types as a way for them to keep up to speed on what the real politician heroes are up to. It's modeled similar to daily paul w/o all of their nonsense. Top shelf for sure.

Thank you very much.

I almost couldn't believe that the domain name was available.

The goal of this website is to give us die-hard libertarians a way to have an effect in mainstream US politics.

Hopefully we all succeed.

Yes, I did too.

Thanks for bookmarking.

nice

Thanks.

That's really nice Petar. I like how you rank them. Bookmarked and I will show this to people we have coming over for the Fourth.

Thanks a lot man. Please have everyone leave some comments if possible. Happy upcoming 4th of July!

I think it looks good.

Thanks Angela.

The JBS rankings are best used to see how people are voting.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/

Thanks, I'll have to figure out who to add in the future.

top notch, top notch.

Thank you.

I agree the sidebar could use a little more content, but I am sure as time goes by more content will be available to add in. The layout is appealing and inspiring as it had me looking back to when I first heard of these gentleman's names, along with my entrance into liberty movement.

One suggestion I have is to have a link where we can see the top 10 Liberty Crusader moments or the top moments from each crusader.

Great side!

Thanks, that's really nice to hear that you found it interesting, and I do like your idea regarding some kind of top 10 something or the other.

Perhaps a "most commented posts" link?

I'll have to figure that out.

WhistlinDave
06-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Looks great so far!! I like it a lot!! I agree that when you start scrolling down more, it loads a bit slowly, but--that happens to me on Facebook too and it's a lot worse than your site. So it aint' all that bad. Any time you have that much content pulled in from other sites, there's bound to be some hanging up/lagging as the page becomes more and more populated, the further down you scroll. Overall I think this is a great start!! I also think adding e-mail subscription functionality would be great.

I'll be sharing this on FB and Twitter!

Just one thing though... I think you forgot a couple freedom fighters. Where are McCain, Graham, and Feinstein?

(Kidding of course.) Great job, Petar!! Really great concept to bring them all together in one spot!

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2013, 11:46 PM
I know that Thomas has a personal friendship with Jim Bridenstine, but I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him. As far as I can tell, his foreign policy is identical to Graham and McCain. I would like to be proven wrong, but after hearing an interview with him, I was less than impressed.

Petar
06-30-2013, 11:59 PM
I know that Thomas has a personal friendship with Jim Bridenstine, but I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him. As far as I can tell, his foreign policy is identical to Graham and McCain. I would like to be proven wrong, but after hearing an interview with him, I was less than impressed.

If you go and add some comments to the site then that would be pretty cool.

QuickZ06
07-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Very good job man, site looks slick. I'm outta rep for Petar, someone hook hm up for me ;)

LibertyEagle
07-01-2013, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't redraw the "Recent comment" block and the ads every time the page is scrolled down. I found this distracting and irritating.

Petar
07-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't redraw the "Recent comment" block and the ads every time the page is scrolled down. I found this distracting and irritating.

Didn't previously occur to me that that could be irritating, but I definitely see how you could be right. I was hoping to just really encourage people into commenting on the site.

Origanalist
07-01-2013, 06:54 AM
I have a comment there, just wishing you success though.

QuickZ06
07-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Didn't previously occur to me that that could be irritating, but I definitely see how you could be right. I was hoping to just really encourage people into commenting on the site.

I agree with LE as well, that was the only thing that was really distracting me. I never really do like those scroll things.

RickyJ
07-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I agree with Warlord, you are embedding too many videos for one page. It is slow loading. The design is nice though.

QuickZ06
07-01-2013, 07:12 AM
I agree with Warlord, you are embedding too many videos for one page. It is slow loading. The design is nice though.

Not to derail the thread but what is this about with Warlord, Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing?

Origanalist
07-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I think he's banned for good, but that's just a guess. I think the sock puppets are getting ban hammered so to speak.

RickyJ
07-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I would make the recent comment section stay in place and not scroll up and then scroll back into view. The JavaScript to do that could be slowing it down in addition to the all the flash videos embedded from YouTube. I hate sites that scroll things back on the screen. Sorry I am being so critical, I am a web developer too and just want to let you know what I think can be improved.

QuickZ06
07-01-2013, 07:37 AM
I think he's banned for good, but that's just a guess. I think the sock puppets are getting ban hammered so to speak.

Some of you guys/gals are a lot better at telling who is who on here. One account for me, I like to make things easier for the government. I mean they got a pretty big job you know, keeping us safe and all.

Cap
07-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Good idea Petar, well done.

mhad
07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
you could break this down.

Senate
Congress
Governors
State Senators
State House

There are many good liberty crusaders at al levels....

Brian4Liberty
07-01-2013, 09:26 PM

I didn't want to leave that hanging without some reference material. The following is an interview with Bridenstine on the Mark Levin show. Much of it is good, although it's a bit of a mutual love fest between the two. If you go to the 12:30 mark, Bridenstine starts to talk about the military and the great successes in Iraq and Afghanistan. It certainly sounds neo-conservative, with talk about spreading "Democracy", and calling Iraq and Afghanistan new, shining examples of freedom. The general feel is that of a partisan that sounds good while a Democrat is in office, but the proof is when there is a GOP administration. We shall see.

http://vimeo.com/67694552

Brian4Liberty
07-01-2013, 09:42 PM

Comment added...

The following video on your site was more evidence of a neo-conservative tendency. Bridenstine sounds like a acolyte of Bill Kristol on foreign policy. McCain or Kristol could have easily made the same case that was made in both of those videos.

http://www.libertycrusaders.com/why-we-must-watch-russia/

Petar
07-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Very good job man, site looks slick. I'm outta rep for Petar, someone hook hm up for me ;)

Thanks man

I have a comment there, just wishing you success though.

Thanks.

I agree with LE as well, that was the only thing that was really distracting me. I never really do like those scroll things.

It's gone now.

I spend a night retooling the whole autoblogger, and video posts are now created with a thumbnail image instead of showing the embedded youtube.

You have to click on the individual post to see the videos now.

I would make the recent comment section stay in place and not scroll up and then scroll back into view. The JavaScript to do that could be slowing it down in addition to the all the flash videos embedded from YouTube. I hate sites that scroll things back on the screen. Sorry I am being so critical, I am a web developer too and just want to let you know what I think can be improved.

Not at all, it's good that you guys are speaking up and telling me what gets on your nerves, and what doesn't.

Animated sidebar is gone, and YouTubes on the home page are just thumbnail images now.

Good idea Petar, well done.

Thanks.

you could break this down.

Senate
Congress
Governors
State Senators
State House

There are many good liberty crusaders at al levels....

Indeed.

The whole structure can be revisited and elaborated once this first phase is complete, including promotion.

I didn't want to leave that hanging without some reference material. The following is an interview with Bridenstine on the Mark Levin show. Much of it is good, although it's a bit of a mutual love fest between the two. If you go to the 12:30 mark, Bridenstine starts to talk about the military and the great successes in Iraq and Afghanistan. It certainly sounds neo-conservative, with talk about spreading "Democracy", and calling Iraq and Afghanistan new, shining examples of freedom. The general feel is that of a partisan that sounds good while a Democrat is in office, but the proof is when there is a GOP administration. We shall see.

Comment added...

The following video on your site was more evidence of a neo-conservative tendency. Bridenstine sounds like a acolyte of Bill Kristol on foreign policy. McCain or Kristol could have easily made the same case that was made in both of those videos.

http://www.libertycrusaders.com/why-we-must-watch-russia/

I don't really have time to watch that video right now, but I really appreciate you commenting and keeping an eye out for signs of neoconservatism.

The site has be anti-neoconservative in general.

Petar
07-02-2013, 05:32 AM
I've also switched out the FaceBook feed on the right with something that uses RSS and also caching.

Along with making the YouTubes on the front page all consist of thumbnails, hopefully the site will be a lot more responsive now.

Petar
07-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Ok, I just realized that I really need to make those image thumbnails at least open the individual post when clicked.

Petar
07-02-2013, 06:44 AM
Ok, that's done, but it would be really nice if clicking on thumbnails would just play the youtube video. That would take some real wizardry though...

ClydeCoulter
07-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Ok, that's done, but it would be really nice if clicking on thumbnails would just play the youtube video. That would take some real wizardry though...

Facebook shows smaller playable videos, would that help?

Zee
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM

The website looks nice, but after watching only one short video of a guy im not familiar with, I immediately shook my head and closed the page.

That was earlier today, I came back to this thread a few minutes ago and watched one or two more videos from the same guy and I have to ask, why is Jim Bridenstine even on your website?

This guy is a joke. He is either pandering to the partisan with bullshit, or just ignorant of issues outside Oklahoma or the US. Maybe he watches to much FOX.

Petar
07-02-2013, 09:19 PM
The website looks nice, but after watching only one short video of a guy im not familiar with, I immediately shook my head and closed the page.

That was earlier today, I came back to this thread a few minutes ago and watched one or two more videos from the same guy and I have to ask, why is Jim Bridenstine even on your website?

This guy is a joke. He is either pandering to the partisan with bullshit, or just ignorant of issues outside Oklahoma or the US. Maybe he watches to much FOX.

All I can really say is that I think it's important to support the best that we currently have. With that said, I think that discussing their imperfections is also important.

Petar
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
In other words, please go contribute your comments.

Petar
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I met with my coding wizard buddy, and together we managed to get YouTubes playing directly from the thumbnails on the front page.

Go check out the nifty pop-up effect that we set up:

www.libertycrusaders.com

Zee
07-02-2013, 09:54 PM
@Petar
The conversation is here, why bring it to your website?

Supporting "the best that we currently have" sounds a lot like endorsing "the lesser of two evils". Not exactly something we should settle for, let alone "support" imo.

Im not trying to provoke you but My question was, why is Bridenstine even on your Liberty related site? Is knowledge or honesty on foreign policy something to be overlooked when it comes to domestic "Liberty"?

Petar
07-02-2013, 10:07 PM
@Petar
The conversation is here, why bring it to your website?

Supporting "the best that we currently have" sounds a lot like endorsing "the lesser of two evils". Not exactly something we should settle for, let alone "support" imo.

Im not trying to provoke you but My question was, why is Bridenstine even on your Liberty related site? Is knowledge or honesty on foreign policy something to be overlooked when it comes to domestic "Liberty"?

Part of it is so that we can criticize his real actual faults and have that broadcast.

Go tell the world how you feel so that you are contributing to something productive.

TaftFan
07-02-2013, 10:17 PM
My view on Bridenstine is that I want to see more of a record first.

I'll go on your site and make cases for some others I mentioned earlier. I understand your desire for more traffic there.

Petar
07-02-2013, 10:47 PM
My view on Bridenstine is that I want to see more of a record first.

I'll go on your site and make cases for some others I mentioned earlier. I understand your desire for more traffic there.

Thanks man, you seem very intelligent and aware, and I very much welcome your participation.

Petar
07-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Ok people, I added the following reps because they also qualify for the "best that we currently have" category.

Paul Broun, John Duncan, Walter Jones, Tom McClintock, Steve Stockman

Feel free to visit the site and post your thoughts.

www.libertycrusaders.com

Petar

ClydeCoulter
07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Ok people, I added the following reps because they also qualify for the "best that we currently have" category.

Paul Broun, John Duncan, Walter Jones, Tom McClintock, Steve Stockman

Feel free to visit the site and post your thoughts.

www.libertycrusaders.com

Petar

Just keeps getting better :)

PaulConventionWV
07-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Just wanted to add, if you keep adding "the best that we have" then it kind of defeats the purpose of singling those people out. I'm sure you could find something liberty-related that some neocon said one time and put it on there. There are only 535 members of Congress, you know, so showcasing too many of them really makes it kind of redundant and kind of dilutes and broadens the whole point. Also, how do you plan on coming up with new content, or is this just an information website?

Petar
07-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Just wanted to add, if you keep adding "the best that we have" then it kind of defeats the purpose of singling those people out. I'm sure you could find something liberty-related that some neocon said one time and put it on there. There are only 535 members of Congress, you know, so showcasing too many of them really makes it kind of redundant and kind of dilutes and broadens the whole point. Also, how do you plan on coming up with new content, or is this just an information website?

I don't anticipate more than 20 acceptable reps being on there.

I'm working on a campaign to attract traffic to the site and hopefully get a lot of conversation happening as well.

The content is based on rep's youtube feeds, rep's facebook feeds, and posts from Ron Paul Institute as well.

mustang19
07-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Great site! I recommend placing the name list on sidebar so you can have more content up front.

Barrex
07-07-2013, 12:29 PM
So how many unique visits do you get?
I like it but you need visitors to achieve your goal. If you have like 10-20 visitors then it is not worth the time. How are you attracting them?

Other thing is you cant (shouldnt) post only RPI articles because it looks like you are nothing more than middle-man for RPI.

Petar
07-07-2013, 12:46 PM
So how many unique visits do you get?
I like it but you need visitors to achieve your goal. If you have like 10-20 visitors then it is not worth the time. How are you attracting them?

Other thing is you cant (shouldnt) post only RPI articles because it looks like you are nothing more than middle-man for RPI.

Not many hits at the moment, but there a couple things that I will be working on in a proactive effort to change that.

I'm going to have to start adding some "not officially affiliated with" disclaimers to the site...

Barrex
07-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Not many hits at the moment, but there a couple things that I will be working on in a proactive effort to change that.

I'm going to have to start adding some "not officially affiliated with" disclaimers to the site...

Like I said I like the idea...

Without visitors entire site doesnt have purpose...There were many that were started and shut down because of it. I hope it doesnt hapen to yours

TaftFan
07-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Like I said I like the idea...

Without visitors entire site doesnt have purpose...There were many that were started and shut down because of it. I hope it doesnt hapen to yours

Give it some time. Sites don't climb to the top of Google immediately.

I<3Liberty
07-07-2013, 08:43 PM
I really like that you are co-promoting. Not only is this beneficial for the liberty crusaders you feature, it's also much preferred (by viewers) to liking loads and loads of FB pages for each individual.

opal
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
it took me a while to get to this thread.. and I'm going to go with appearance rather than content for my thoughts.
Very glad you took down that floating box.. those things make me nuts

I have awful vision and as such, have my system and browser heavily modded. I have screenies of what I see when first opened.. and two stages of zooming in.

Your center panel doesn't respond to the stylish plugin mods I have so some of your text is very light against a light background..
The headline, when zooming overlaps the center panel
also.. when magnifying - the content doesn't spread downward only.. causing the dreaded bottom scroll bar to happen.. just thoughts..

anyway.. screenies

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpqum1.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/ickd5d.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cpbznd.jpg

TaftFan
07-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I'll put a couple reddit threads out on this and we need to try to get them to the top for the Ron Paul and Libertarian sections.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/1hu8la/keep_up_with_liberty_defenders_in_congress/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/1hu8y4/keep_up_with_liberty_defenders_in_congress/

TaftFan
07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I'll put a couple reddit threads out on this and we need to try to get them to the top for the Ron Paul and Libertarian sections.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/1hu8la/keep_up_with_liberty_defenders_in_congress/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/1hu8y4/keep_up_with_liberty_defenders_in_congress/

Bump

CPUd
07-07-2013, 09:57 PM
You have a couple of your category pages ranking in google:

#59 Steve Stockman

#71 Ted Yoho

Start working on getting inbound links to your category pages with the name as the anchor text, and you should easily be able to rank in the top 10 (on a search for their name) for most of your categories.

Petar
07-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Great site! I recommend placing the name list on sidebar so you can have more content up front.

Thanks.

I think that I may add the rep's names to the sidebar, but I really do like the animation up top.

I want people to have a dramatic representation of what the site is about right away.

I really like that you are co-promoting. Not only is this beneficial for the liberty crusaders you feature, it's also much preferred (by viewers) to liking loads and loads of FB pages for each individual.

Google ways to "make websites for people" in order to rank high.

Hopefully this sort of approach ends up working really well.

it took me a while to get to this thread.. and I'm going to go with appearance rather than content for my thoughts.
Very glad you took down that floating box.. those things make me nuts

I have awful vision and as such, have my system and browser heavily modded. I have screenies of what I see when first opened.. and two stages of zooming in.

Your center panel doesn't respond to the stylish plugin mods I have so some of your text is very light against a light background..
The headline, when zooming overlaps the center panel
also.. when magnifying - the content doesn't spread downward only.. causing the dreaded bottom scroll bar to happen.. just thoughts..

anyway.. screenies

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpqum1.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/ickd5d.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cpbznd.jpg

I'm really sorry that the site is messed up for you.

Unfortunately I can't really do much about it unless I can test the site using the settings that you have.

I'd have to know OS version, browser, and whatever mods you are using.

If you could send me those detail, then maybe I could recreate all that and fix it for you some time.

Thanks again.

You have a couple of your category pages ranking in google:

#59 Steve Stockman

#71 Ted Yoho

Start working on getting inbound links to your category pages with the name as the anchor text, and you should easily be able to rank in the top 10 (on a search for their name) for most of your categories.

Thank you for the tips.

Right now I am working on certain techniques for a Facebook/twitter web marketing campaign, but I will definitely have to work on conventional SEO as soon as I can.

dinosaur
07-13-2013, 06:58 PM

happily

compromise
07-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Keep up the good work Petar.

Labrador's record hasn't been so great this year so I wouldn't support adding him. Gohmert's been consistently strong on fiscal issues and civil liberties this year, and he has a personal friendship with Rand (Mulvaney is also Rand's friend but he's in Labrador's boat on the issues). The only problem with Gohmert is that he wasn't so civil liberties-minded in previous years.

Former Gov. and Rep. Matt Salmon is a good guy with a great record on both fiscal issues and civil liberties. It's probably too early to add him though, best to wait and see how he pans out.

Brian4Liberty
07-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd dare say that if a member of the House has not co-sponsored the LIBERT-E Act, then maybe they shouldn't get top-billing as liberty defenders.

Bridenstine and Stockman are lagging...

41 cosponsors (22R, 19D) (show)
Amash, Justin [R-MI3]
Broun, Paul [R-GA10]
Chu, Judy [D-CA27]
DelBene, Suzan [D-WA1]
Duncan, John “Jimmy” [R-TN2]
Enyart, William [D-IL12]
Gabbard, Tulsi [D-HI2]
Griffith, Morgan [R-VA9]
Grijalva, Raśl [D-AZ3]
Holt, Rush [D-NJ12]
Jackson Lee, Sheila [D-TX18]
Johnson, Henry “Hank” [D-GA4]
Jones, Walter [R-NC3]
Lee, Barbara [D-CA13]
Lofgren, Zoe [D-CA19]
Massie, Thomas [R-KY4]
McClintock, Tom [R-CA4]
McDermott, Jim [D-WA7]
McGovern, James “Jim” [D-MA2]
Mulvaney, Mick [R-SC5]
Nadler, Jerrold [D-NY10]
O'Rourke, Beto [D-TX16]
Pearce, Stevan “Steve” [R-NM2]
Polis, Jared [D-CO2]
Radel, Trey [R-FL19]
Salmon, Matt [R-AZ5]
Sanford, Marshall “Mark” [R-SC1]
Sinema, Kyrsten [D-AZ9]
Welch, Peter [D-VT0]
Gibson, Christopher [R-NY19]
(joined Jun 18, 2013)
Gosar, Paul [R-AZ4]
(joined Jun 18, 2013)
Michaud, Michael [D-ME2]
(joined Jun 18, 2013)
Yoho, Ted [R-FL3]
(joined Jun 18, 2013)
Labrador, Raśl [R-ID1]
(joined Jun 26, 2013)
Norton, Eleanor [D-DC0]
(joined Jun 26, 2013)
Roe, David [R-TN1]
(joined Jun 26, 2013)
Schweikert, David [R-AZ6]
(joined Jun 26, 2013)
Duncan, Jeff [R-SC3]
(joined Jul 08, 2013)
Huelskamp, Tim [R-KS1]
(joined Jul 10, 2013)
Kingston, Jack [R-GA1]
(joined Jul 10, 2013)
Poe, Ted [R-TX2]
(joined Jul 10, 2013)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2399#

TaftFan
07-15-2013, 07:19 PM
I'll ask them on Facebook to co-sponsor it. Stockman is somewhat of a lone wolf so he might not be in these "letter circles".

Brian4Liberty
07-16-2013, 10:24 AM
I'll ask them on Facebook to co-sponsor it. Stockman is somewhat of a lone wolf so he might not be in these "letter circles".

Let us know what they say. I tweeted to them, no response so far.

FSP-Rebel
07-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Now on FB, don't forget to "like" it. https://www.facebook.com/LibertyCrusaders

TaftFan
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Now on FB, don't forget to "like" it. https://www.facebook.com/LibertyCrusaders

On the FB page, the url linking to the website is wrong

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2013, 09:14 AM
On the FB page, the url linking to the website is wrong
Should be fine now