PDA

View Full Version : My insight on the NSA ordeal

randpaul2016
06-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Made headlines for a day...America already forgot it ever happened. This is the sad part of society nowadays. Edward Snowden puts this out there and the average american lets it go just like any other news they might see on TV. The media right away declares it a MANHUNT...taking the attention OFF what actually got leaked...and focusing on just the individual and some even labeling him a traitor.

"...the greatest fear I have regarding the outcome of America from these disclosures is that nothing will change..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yB3n9fu-rM

KEEF
06-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Edward who?... Don't bother me, Little Honey Boo Boo is on. /SARC/

randpaul2016
06-29-2013, 09:59 PM
feel free to discuss :)

2young2vote
06-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Its less dramatic to talk about government programs than a man on the run. Doesn't sell as many commercial spots.

randpaul2016
06-29-2013, 10:11 PM
makes you wonder...what will it take...

DGambler
06-29-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm bored, is there a ballgame on? Think I'll go visit ESPN and stop coming here.

Philhelm
06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
makes you wonder...what will it take...

The pledging of lives, fortunes, and sacred honor.

tangent4ronpaul
06-30-2013, 02:03 AM
"...the greatest fear I have regarding the outcome of America from these disclosures is that nothing will change..."

But of course things have changed. As I type this, 30,000 NSA employees are spending the majority of their free time memorizing a looooong list of new (replacement) program names...

-t

mad cow
06-30-2013, 02:29 AM
This is why the steady drip,drip,drip of news about these NSA files is so crucial.Glenn Greenwald has a pile of undropped turds yet to hit the punchbowl.
If you asked 100 Americans who is Julian Assange or Bradley Manning,97 of them couldn't recognize either name.

If you want Americans to not forget it ever happened,keep pounding it into their psyche relentlessly over the course of months or years.

Kinda like a mule and a 2X4.

TheTexan
06-30-2013, 02:43 AM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/9172227786_773103ce01_b.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
06-30-2013, 03:09 AM
I'd imagine the news breaking this week about the NSA's capability to capture (record) 1 Billion calls (content, not metadata) is going to go over like a lead balloon with the American public.

For reference:
# of calls per year:
USA 3 Billion
Worldwide 12.3 Billion

Remember, we aren't the only ones collecting data.

-t

amy31416
06-30-2013, 03:29 AM
We complain (rightly so) about this issue all the time--what are we going to do about it?

Signs to remind people? Flyers at all the local grocery stores?

Come on...I'm a dullard, let's have some ideas!

tangent4ronpaul
06-30-2013, 04:04 AM
We complain (rightly so) about this issue all the time--what are we going to do about it?

Signs to remind people? Flyers at all the local grocery stores?

Come on...I'm a dullard, let's have some ideas!

Occupy the Telco's, Facebook, etc?
Thermite and backhoe parties? - they didn't really need that FO line anyway...
Organize an area on the same power line as a major data center to all switch on the a/c at the same time at the peak of a really hot day.
Hell, if they live in smart meter land, find some Anonymous hacker to turn them all up via SCADA.
Campaign for black out days. Just do not access certain companies on certain days.
Robocall: "We regret to inform you that all your communications are being intercepted and stored forever by the NSA..."
Throw birdseed on the companies sat dishes.
Place ads in community newspapers advertizing a joint NSA/YourLocalTelco open house to tour their universal communication interception facilities.
Pilgrimage to the Utah data center. Set up a circular encampment surrounding it.
Flyers - half about the problem, half being links to encryption and anonymizing resources.
Twitter bombs
Just brainstorming here. All I can think of for now...

Anonymous does well with DDoS attacks, more so if a botnet is participating, however while this sends a clear message to the company/gvmt/whatever, unless they are inconvenienced, the public mostly doesn't notice.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
06-30-2013, 05:54 AM
Thinking back to the end of WWII in France, female collaborators and sympathizers got their hair shaven short in ways that would not grow back well. Basically, a scarlet letter. Maybe we could use that as a theme and try and start a meme, like these companies need a haircut - lets give them one. Or a Ugly duck cut award... "corporate traitor" award - something like that. Is there an artist in the house?

There are some great images out there:

http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/April201291/native_pics.jpg

Beck has a good shirt (I want one!) : Torches and Pitchforks; Protecting Americans from politicians since 1791

https://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/13614/1/www.palmcoastd.com/ows-img/glennbeck/products/torches-pitch-big.jpg

So I was thinking about my "thermite and backhoes" brainstorm above... Was thinking this could be a similar design on a T... To get that crossing of tools image, For thermite, might want to substitute a oxy/acetylene rig with a long neck to cross the backhoe's neck. Realistically, a thermal lance would be more appropriate, but not as graphically impressive and most Americans don't know what they are. Torches and Backhoes; Protecting Americans from unwarranted gvmt surveillance since 2013.

You would be surprised how often some yahoo with a backhoe temporarily disrupts the communications access of hundreds of thousands to millions of customers. To simply suggest that the general population might regularly go after a corporations comm lines (their life blood) is enough to have senior executives running to the store for adult diapers and finding Jesus!

Awake or David Dees, are you up to the job, or...?

Lots of room for background stuff - wire spaghetti, signs, surveillance camera's. Something more crisp than Becks shirt?

Then just put um up on Cafe press or someplace at cost and hit Twitter, etc HARD trying to get ppl to buy them AT COST and wear them!

Think of them as bumper stickers - something WE BUY and hand out. As soon as you want a profit off a political message, you limit it's distribution and view numbers.

-t

tod evans
06-30-2013, 06:17 AM
The only way I know to have an effect is at home.

An in person visit to your county government, state reps etc.

This internet stuff is only good for sharing ideas, when enough live bodies express the same ideas in person either the government flunkies will represent their constituency or said constituency will oust the government flunkie..

Warlord
06-30-2013, 06:20 AM
For anyone interested:

How to stop the NSA snooping on your emails (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419826-How-to-stop-the-NSA-snooping-on-your-emails&p=5101739#post5101739)

tangent4ronpaul
07-02-2013, 02:24 AM
bump