PDA

View Full Version : Restore The Fourth Protests and Rallys on the 4th Of July!!

CaseyJones
06-29-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.restorethefourth.net/

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures...”

RESTORE THE FOURTH TO HOLD PROTESTS ON JULY 4TH FOR FOURTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS

United States of America (June 18, 2013) —

Restore the Fourth is a grassroots, non-partisan, non-violent movement that seeks to organize and assemble nationwide protests on July 4th, 2013. Protesters in over 100 cities across America will gather to demand that the government of the United States of America adhere to its constitutionally dictated limits and respect the Fourth Amendment. http://www.RestoretheFourth.net provides a detailed list of protest locations.

Restore the Fourth maintains that justification of the Fourth Amendment beyond the original text need not be given; the legitimacy of which is self-evident. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." The Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights clearly protects all citizens’ assets, both digital and physical, against searches and seizures without warrant; they aim to assert those rights. They insist that the proper channels of government work to ensure that all policy complies with the supreme laws of the United States of America in their entirety.

Restore the Fourth requests that American citizens’ right to privacy is respected and stands with the Electronic Frontier Foundation and StopWatching.us on their open letter to Congress. As informed members of the American electorate, they endorse and echo the letter’s demands.

1. Enact reform this Congress to Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act, the state secrets privilege, and the FISA Amendments Act to make clear that blanket surveillance of the Internet activity and phone records of any person residing in the U.S. is prohibited by law and that violations can be reviewed in adversarial proceedings before a public court;

2. Create a special committee to investigate, report, and reveal to the public the extent of
this domestic spying. This committee should create specific recommendations for legal
and regulatory reform to end unconstitutional surveillance;

3. Hold accountable those public officials who are found to be responsible for this
unconstitutional surveillance.

The July 4th demonstrations seek to demand an end to the unconstitutional surveillance methods employed by the U.S. government and to ensure that all future government surveillance is constitutional, limited, and clearly defined.

Restore the Fourth aims to ensure that the will of the people is reflected in the government of the United States of America. This movement intends to bring an end to twelve years of Fourth Amendment abuses, and demonstrate the need for a return to the Constitution. All Americans should stand with them in this cause to protect the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Find a Protest in Your Area!

http://www.restorethefourth.net/protests/

MelissaWV
06-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Actually there is something nearish to me but I discounted it due to the amount of time it'd take to get there. Shame on me for that. I looked up their site and they have a lot of good information which could be applied to ANY similar demonstration:

http://imgur.com/6JyFELI

The recent revelations regarding mass surveillance of American citizens have shocked the nation (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance). I for one cannot stand by idly as a bunch of faceless bureaucrats rip our Constitution and Bill of Rights to shreds.

This July 4th, outraged citizens across America will gather en masse to protest these unacceptable encroachments on our privacy (http://www.restorethefourth.net/). Let's make sure Gainesville is duly represented!

Details
-------
For those who can make it, we will be meeting at 8:00 AM at the Camelot Apartments clubhouse across the street from the 34th St wall (thanks to Christian Campbell for setting this up!) to organize and prepare our signs and wall painting. I will provide doughnuts and coffee for the early arrivers.

Throughout the early afternoon, starting at about noon, we will gather along the 34th Street Wall holding signs, banners, flags, etc. Behind us will be a large entry on the wall, "Restore The Fourth" (referring to our fourth amendment - the protection against unreasonable search and seizure).

Needed
-------
I can contribute $200 out of my own pocket for doughnuts, coffee, signs, markers, and paint. This may not be enough so financial contributions are encouraged (you can just bring it with you that day). We also need the following:
-Paint (spray, buckets, everything)
-American Flags
-Food (hot dogs, burgers, etc)
-Drinks
-Someone with artistic talent to design the Wall painting.

Extra information (please read)
-------
-Dress to impress! We are trying to convey the correct impression that we are normal, upstanding Americans that love our country.
-This is a single-topic demonstration. There are lots of things to be mad about these days, but let's take things one step at a time. The more focused our message, the better.
-Obviously we are peaceful protestors, so please treat everyone (especially law enforcement officers) with respect.
-Feel free to invite anyone you'd like

If you or someone you know works for the Alligator, the Gainesville Sun, WCJB, GTN, or the Iguana, please feel free to reach out to me. Publicity is very welcome.

I look forward to standing with you fellow patriots in solidarity with the rest of the nation in support of freedom and liberty!

The graffiti wall is located so that a whole lot of people drive and walk and bike by it every day, and moreso on a holiday when people will be going to the nearby grocery store. These folks went through the trouble of getting a permit (though they probably could have gotten away with not having one because of the nature of the graffiti wall as a free speech zone in general). There is a lot of organization from a core group, and then there are lots of people who will likely just join in. They secured media attention.

Not bad, folks, not bad at all.

So I think I will be stopping by after all, probably with some food and drinks :)

CaseyJones
07-01-2013, 05:15 PM
bump