PDA

View Full Version : A topic Ron Paul should focus on in Nevada

firebirdnation
11-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Yucca presidential issue for Nevadans

Nevada voters remain overwhelmingly opposed to storing the nation’s nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain and are poised to rely on that issue as they make their choice for president, according to a new poll.

The Reno Gazette-Journal poll found fierce opposition to the project crosses party lines, but that Democrats think it is a more important issue in the presidential contest than do Republicans.

Of 600 likely Nevada voters surveyed, 76 percent said they oppose the project to store 77,000 tons of the nation’s radioactive waste at Yucca Mountain, about 90 miles outside of Las Vegas. Nearly 60 percent of all voters said the issue will be important in determining their vote for president.

Full Article Here (http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/NEWS18/71126044&oaso=news.rgj.com/breakingnews)

mwkaufman
11-27-2007, 12:35 AM
He talked about this at his last Nevada rally.

firebirdnation
11-27-2007, 12:38 AM
He talked about this at his last Nevada rally.

I remember seeing that on one of the videos, but I hope his campaign focuses on this topic more in regards to the campaigns commercials. Does he have any commercials which state his opinion on this topic currently running in NV? Sounds like a hot issue for NV, and as usual RP is on the right side of the issue. He just needs to get his message out to the voters of NV.

McLane2007
11-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Create Ron Paul flyers letting people know he opposes storing the nation’s nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain and hand them out.

firebirdnation
11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Create Ron Paul flyers letting people know he opposes storing the nation’s nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain and hand them out.

Not sure that would do much good since I live in California. :)

kylejack
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
The simplicity of his solution was classic Paul. Finding a place to store the waste is the responsibility of the company running the reactor, not the Congress!

firebirdnation
11-27-2007, 10:53 AM
The simplicity of his solution was classic Paul. Finding a place to store the waste is the responsibility of the company running the reactor, not the Congress!

I couldn't agree more, and its the most sensible solution as well. If the company is going to generate the waste then let them figure out how to dispose of it safely. Why should the tax payers have to pick up the tab of storing the waste? Its time to end corporate welfare!