PDA

View Full Version : A Theory: Bloomberg is the Power Structure's Backup Plan

nayjevin
06-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Curious as to whether ya'all geniuses around here think this makes sense. I don't know much about bloomberg, but assume he must be connected to the PTB:

Ron Paul gains popularity everywhere, gets to the 30% level or so of Republican voters in a bunch of polls, everybody starts to wonder if he will actually win the Republican nomination.

It's not quite in time. Primaries show 'frontrunner' Thompson/Romney/McCain/Giuliani (will one, two, or three of these drop out knowing the votes will likely go to the remaining neocon?) with 45%, RP with 30%, the others with 25% combined.

Rudy McRomney gets the Republican nomination.

Ron Paul runs as an independent or libertarian. The count now is Hillbama = 35-40%, McRomney = 35-40%, RP = 20-30% -- right in the 'powers that be get scared' range.

The BIG debates would be coming up, and we all know RP dominates those, and he would probably get ample time to do so.

So in comes Bloomberg, talking about free markets and non-interventionism -- riding on the RP coattails, splitting his vote. Very few votes lost from Hillbama or McRomney -- but some independent / fence votes lost by Paul.

Is bloomberg the PTB's backup plan? Or am I off in my analysis?

ButchHowdy
06-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Bloomberg says is not running, that he loves his job as mayor.

lynnf
06-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Bloomberg says is not running, that he loves his job as mayor.

They all say that before they throw their hat in the ring.

Now, for some supposed inside information - Kathleen Parker said on the Chris Matthews show today, that Bloomberg would only get in if the top two tickets were Hillary-McCain. But that could just be planted disinformation -- anybody have a degree from CIA university that can deciper all of this?

lynn

jon_perez
06-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Didn't Ron Paul say that if the Republican party does not nominate him as candidate that he would NOT run as an independent?

I wholeheartedly support Ron Paul and find him a brilliant candidate with a most refreshing perspective and very appealing image, but I'm sure I am not alone among those who find all this "PTB", "mainstream media conspiracy" talk rather daft.

Politics can NEVER be disentangled from money interests and compromise - heck this is virtually the definition of politics. It's in how fully one is aware of this state of affairs and responds to it that distinguishes a politician. Ron Paul has time and again convinced me that his eyes are wide open to the nature of the beast (that we all have to live with) and offers a platform that seeks to bring about change for the better which is not infected with naive idealism and foolish solutions that conform to some imagined conspiracy theories.

You know that despite Ron Paul's rhetoric about abolishing the Fed, "returning" to sound money, etc... that he does not intend to do this without proper consultation and thought with the "powers that be" (or in other words, the people who run the show and on whose experience we rely on to keep things running smoothly).

nayjevin
06-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Didn't Ron Paul say that if the Republican party does not nominate him as candidate that he would NOT run as an independent?

all i have heard from him is something like 'i do not plan to do that, no'

however he said it i took it to mean 'i'm not a defeatist, but hell yes'

nayjevin
06-24-2007, 09:17 AM
on whose experience we rely on to keep things running smoothly

i don't think iraq, afghanistan, iran, etc believe things are or have been running smoothly for a long time.

lynnf
06-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I wholeheartedly support Ron Paul and find him a brilliant candidate with a most refreshing perspective and very appealing image, but I'm sure I am not alone among those who find all this "PTB", "mainstream media conspiracy" talk rather daft.

So, you deny that corporations own the media and thereby rule what is put out by the media? And you deny that behind-the-scenes manipulation has caused the creation of the European Union and the emergence of the push for a North American Union?

lynn

lynnf
06-24-2007, 09:48 AM
all i have heard from him is something like 'i do not plan to do that, no'

however he said it i took it to mean 'i'm not a defeatist, but hell yes'

Yes, he did say something to that effect. But he also has long said he didn't want
to run for president, and here he is now......

lynn

jjschless
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Curious as to whether ya'all geniuses around here think this makes sense. I don't know much about bloomberg, but assume he must be connected to the PTB:

Ron Paul gains popularity everywhere, gets to the 30% level or so of Republican voters in a bunch of polls, everybody starts to wonder if he will actually win the Republican nomination.

It's not quite in time. Primaries show 'frontrunner' Thompson/Romney/McCain/Giuliani (will one, two, or three of these drop out knowing the votes will likely go to the remaining neocon?) with 45%, RP with 30%, the others with 25% combined.

Rudy McRomney gets the Republican nomination.

Ron Paul runs as an independent or libertarian. The count now is Hillbama = 35-40%, McRomney = 35-40%, RP = 20-30% -- right in the 'powers that be get scared' range.

The BIG debates would be coming up, and we all know RP dominates those, and he would probably get ample time to do so.

So in comes Bloomberg, talking about free markets and non-interventionism -- riding on the RP coattails, splitting his vote. Very few votes lost from Hillbama or McRomney -- but some independent / fence votes lost by Paul.

Is bloomberg the PTB's backup plan? Or am I off in my analysis?

Yes he is. I think the PTB would like the candidates to win in the following order.

Fred Thompson, Rudy Guiliani, Bloomberg, Clinton

Bloomberg leaving the Republican party is definitely a shadow of Dr. Paul's distance from the rest of the field. Bloomberg will definitely be in the race if D.r Paul gets the nomination. He will run as the spoiler. Fred Thompson will also run, while not as independent, it will be something akin to the "Patriot Republican" ticket.

Both Fred and Bloomberg would be counted on to steal votes from Dr. Paul to give make the margins close enough that we get a 51% Clinton 45% Paul 4% Bloomberg...

Why? Because I'm in bed with "Big Conspiracy" ;) no

They will hedge their bet. They didn't get this far by being stupid or having poor planning.

Therion
06-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Bloomberg will have to waste all his time just getting on the ballot, like any other third party candidate. Ohhh, the establishment would be hoisted by their own petard, wouldn't they?

Well in any case he says he's not running and I believe him.

angrydragon
06-24-2007, 11:41 AM
He probably likes his money too much to run. He said he'll spend a billion dollars trying to run if he did?