PDA

View Full Version : Gay Conservative Wonders "Why Do Gays Need A Big Government Hug?"

AuH20
06-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Spot on criticisms.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/06/27/big-government-gay-marriage-column/2461587/

By the reaction of the gay political activists, one would have thought that gay Americans weren't allowed in schools, restaurants, or voting booths until the Supreme Court decision Wednesday. Strangely, I don't feel like the world changed and I certainly don't feel more or less of an American after the ruling.

However, the Court's decision to invalidate the voters' decision in California puzzles me. I don't agree with Prop 8 on its face, nor the referendum system itself that California has. But it is completely inconsistent with federalism to revoke the citizens' vote on an issue based on a technicality as the court did. If Californians want to change their mind on gay marriage, as 13 states have in the past decade, they should have that right and vote again.

So what is next after this arduous fight over the word "marriage" for the gay progressives? Morally, the next step for the gay political movement should be to recognize the threat to unborn gays and lesbians from abortion resulting from the advancement in genetic testing. Or maybe demand that America stop giving aid to or loaning money to Islamic-led governments that hang gays in public on street lamps as official punishment.

But that won't happen. The gay political movement is bound and gagged to the progressive left. So instead, we will see demands for public accommodations for gays and infringement upon the religious liberty of many faiths. I am confident that this attorney general, or the next one, and the Obama IRS, will put pressure on churches and synagogues to marry gay and lesbians. After all, there is a track record of such behavior over the past four years.

So for those of my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters who needed the federal government's emotional approval of their relationship: Congratulations. I just hope all gay and lesbian Americans take a moment to stop and thank Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush for nominating Justices Kennedy and Roberts so the Clinton era of discrimination could come to an end Wednesday.

AuH20
06-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Move to general. mistake.

Zippyjuan
06-29-2013, 05:20 PM
infringement upon the religious liberty of many faiths.

Not sure how the ruling "infringes" on religious liberty. Churches still don't have to allow gay weddings or recognize gay marriages.

roho76
06-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Not sure how the ruling "infringes" on religious liberty. Churches still don't have to allow gay weddings or recognize gay marriages.

Come on, really? You don't think the government is in some way or another going to use this as a weapon against the church. Maybe not the next "Republican", church going, Presidency, but definitely the Liberal Progressive one after that. They don't give themselves this kind of control if they dont plan to use it at some point. I'm sure most liberal couldn't have imagined that Obama would be using the powers that Bush gave himself, yet he is. Better yet he even goes on the TV and defends it Tooth and Nail to all the retards out there in the TV cage.

AuH20
06-29-2013, 05:53 PM

They aren't suddenly going to disband their organizations after this ruling. LOL They are going to keep pushing until federal laws state in no uncertain terms that you cannot verbally disparage a member of the LGBT community, even if one accidentally hits you with their car.

Elias Graves
06-29-2013, 06:14 PM
While flipping channels this morning, a couple of "commentators" on msnbc were already talking about civil rights actions against churches that won't perform ceremonies.

better-dead-than-fed
06-29-2013, 06:16 PM
If only the churches had lobbied for Separation of Marriage and State before it came to this.

oyarde
06-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I dunno , but they can have my big govt hug , oyarde no likey.

erowe1
06-29-2013, 07:00 PM

Did you stop reading at that period and not go onto the very next sentence?

Sola_Fide
06-29-2013, 07:11 PM
One of the reasons homosexual activism has been so intertwined with statism is because both homosexuality and statism are rejections of the family structure of Christian theism.

Zippyjuan
06-29-2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/wp/2013/06/27/president-obama-on-gay-marriage-rulings-at-supreme-court-churches-can-still-define-marriage-how-they-wish/

How religious institutions define and consecrate marriage has always been up to those institutions. Nothing about this decision – which applies only to civil marriages – changes that.”

Elias Graves
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/wp/2013/06/27/president-obama-on-gay-marriage-rulings-at-supreme-court-churches-can-still-define-marriage-how-they-wish/

I have a feeling that'll be out the window soon enough.