PDA

View Full Version : Biden Called Ecuador's President About Snowden

CaseyJones
06-29-2013, 12:51 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323873904578575571578291386.html

Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa said he spoke with U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Friday after Mr. Biden contacted him to discuss the Edward Snowden case.

Mr. Biden asked that a request for asylum by Mr. Snowden—who has admitted to leaking secrets about U.S. surveillance—be rejected by Ecuador, according to Mr. Correa.

Mr. Correa said there will be no decision made on Mr. Snowden's asylum request unless he is on Ecuadorean territory.

Warlord
06-29-2013, 12:56 PM
He should go to Venezuela. The political elites there have no love for the USA after they tried to oust Chavez and Maduro just "won" a dubious full 6 year term. Plus they've got oil and not under trade deal pressures.

This makes Venezuela the perfect choice really.

Go Edward, Go!*

*I know he's reading either RPF or LRC as he uses AF's frequent points about your chance of being beaten to death by cops greater than dying in a terrorist incident.

Warlord
06-29-2013, 01:03 PM
If I was Snowden I would go to Venez and heap praise on Chavez and apologize for the actions of the US government on behalf of the American people LOL. He'd charm them to death and win political asylum by presidential decree. Then he can help them secure their infrastructure and computer systems and make a new life for himself while giving the finger to the FASCISTS...

Anti Federalist
06-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Fuck all that heat.

Iceland.

We are all Edward Snowden.