PDA

View Full Version : Why Liberals Should Oppose the Immigration Bill It's about low-wage American workers

William R
06-28-2013, 05:14 PM
If I have a plea to my fellow liberals more broadly, it’s that they focus more of their empathy on fellow Americans being left behind. Because we increasingly live in bubbles, many of us are at best only abstractly aware of how cruelly circumstances of unskilled Americans have deteriorated over the past few decades. Even as these Americans have lost their well-paid manufacturing jobs, Washington has looked the other way while millions of low-skilled unauthorized immigrants have competed with them for low-skilled service jobs. The insouciance of privileged Americans toward the effects of this on life among less-privileged Americans is, in my view, a betrayal of citizenship.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113651/liberal-opposes-immigration-reform#

This should have been a perfect time to expose liberals for the frauds they are. Compassion for the little guy while they want to flood the country with millions of poor unskilled people to compete for the very jobs the working class and poor are doing right now. Driving down wages. Rich people benefit. The investment class while those struggling to get ahead are thrown overboard.

This is an issue that could expand the Republican party but they are slaves to the big business wing of the party. Karl Rove and that pimp Grover Norquist.

AuH20
06-28-2013, 05:53 PM
The Democrats were globalized many years ago. This isn't the party of Kennedy.

William R
06-28-2013, 06:20 PM
The Democrats were globalized many years ago. This isn't the party of Kennedy.

They don't call the Republican party the Stupid party for nothing. Needs to be the party of main-street not Wall Street.

cindy25
06-28-2013, 10:12 PM
the Reps want low wages to benefit wall street, the Dems want low wages to keep people dependent on govt hand-outs