PDA

View Full Version : Conversation about how RP can stand out

BLS
11-26-2007, 11:38 PM
At my local meetup tonight another gentleman and I were discussing the campaign.

NOW...I know NOTHING about campaigning. Nothing.

But to me...I noticed today that both Rudy and Romney were making all KINDS of news blurbs with their constant bashing of each other.

I know...I know...take the high road.
But the media LOVES this crap.

The other thing about RP and the campaign direction I don't care for is that he needs to say something to STAND OUT.

What we came up with is: "As President, I will make a promise to bring Bin Laden to justice within my first term. No expense spared." (something along those lines).

He needs to say SOMETHING that will make him stand out.
Look at it this way...

Bin Laden is (or has....) going to make another 'statement' or press release...whatever you call it.

NOBODY has said 'I promise to bring Bin Laden to justice'.

Why??

Even so.....regardless....He needs to make a line in the sand and differentiate himself in some hard line fashion.

I could be wrong....

Thoughts?

Steve4RP
11-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I think his message of ending the war immediately and brining our troops home from around the world is a pretty stand out message, not to mention his monetary policy, view of liberties, and ending income tax. He is the stand out candidate!

megasooner
11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
You're right, we need something to bring him to the lime-light in a positive manner. However, I do not believe the Bin Laden thing is the sort of banner Ron Paul would wave.

I believe that sometime during this next debate we need Ron Paul to say "You're attacking my supporters! How much dirty laundry is out on the internet about you guys? Everyone watching needs to go and research the people standing on this stage tonight, and you'll find that the only candidate who has consistently defended his beliefs is me."

BLS
11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
I think his message of ending the war immediately and brining our troops home from around the world is a pretty stand out message, not to mention his monetary policy, view of liberties, and ending income tax. He is the stand out candidate!

I agree...the war is a big issue.
But it also is a HUGE detractor.

Hear me out.

Many R's believe RP is weak on national defense...simply because they don't fully understand foreign policy. But we don't have time and RP can't explain that all to them in the few minutes he gets during debates.

He needs to take a TOUGH stand VS. Terrorism. There's NO reason NOT to go after Bin Laden. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.

People incorrectly believe that his policy towards Iraq makes him weak on defense. THIS HAS TO BE CORRECTED IN ORDER TO GET THE R's TO VOTE FOR HIM.....

Again...just my opinion.