PDA

View Full Version : Stockman: Senate Amnesty Bill Unconstitutional

TaftFan
06-28-2013, 12:45 PM
http://stockman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/stockman-senate-amnesty-bill-unconstitutional

Letter to Boehner: http://stockman.house.gov/sites/stockman.house.gov/files/wysiwyg_uploaded/Blue%20Slip%20Letter.pdf

WM_in_MO
06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Unconstitutional means nothing to these monsters.

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

erowe1
06-28-2013, 02:00 PM
I didn't see anything in that letter to back up the charge that it's unconstitutional. I get the feeling that he just throws that word around as a synonym for "bad," without realizing there's an actual written document out there that defines it.

Darguth
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
I didn't see anything in that letter to back up the charge that it's unconstitutional. I get the feeling that he just throws that word around as a synonym for "bad," without realizing there's an actual written document out there that defines it.

He says it literally in the first sentence...

AuH20
06-28-2013, 02:04 PM

Did you miss the first paragraph? All bills raising revenue are to originate in the House, but don't tell that to Mordor.

erowe1
06-28-2013, 02:04 PM
He says it literally in the first sentence...

Oh I thought the letter was included in the press release. My bad.

Brian4Liberty
06-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Good work by Stockman!

Warlord
06-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Did you miss the first paragraph? All bills raising revenue are to originate in the House, but don't tell that to Mordor.

This is true but leadership gets round this in the House by simply amending an already passed bill or something with the language of the Senate bill then pass it and send it to them. They do this frequently with bills that raise revenue in the senate though it will need a procedural vote and there's no indication Boehner will do this as he probably doesn't have the votes and if he tried to ram it through with 190 Dems through a series of procedural votes he'll be thrown out

TaftFan
07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Gaining big momentum: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/10/House-leader-Senate-immigration-bill-unconstitutional-because-it-raises-revenues

Christian Liberty
07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I honestly don't see why we should care. This is just another attempt by the statist monsters trying to divide us. Illegal immigrants don't matter. Immigration doesn't matter. Just like gay marriage doesn't matter. There are actual issues at stake.

Personally, I support open borders as an ideal, but I realize that likely needs to be a long way off as we dismantle the welfare state and: more importantly, wait for all the blowback we've built up from the Islamic World to dissipate. But ultimately, it really doesn't matter.

TaftFan
07-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I honestly don't see why we should care. This is just another attempt by the statist monsters trying to divide us. Illegal immigrants don't matter. Immigration doesn't matter. Just like gay marriage doesn't matter. There are actual issues at stake.

Personally, I support open borders as an ideal, but I realize that likely needs to be a long way off as we dismantle the welfare state and: more importantly, wait for all the blowback we've built up from the Islamic World to dissipate. But ultimately, it really doesn't matter.
It's not as simple as that. The immigration bill is over 1,000 pages.