PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Fein is representing Edward Snowden's father

tsai3904
06-28-2013, 12:45 PM
A lawyer for the father of Edward J. Snowden has offered federal authorities a deal that he says would likely lead the accused leaker to return voluntarily to the United States to face espionage charges. The letter, dated Thursday and obtained Friday by CNN's "Amanpour," is addressed to Attorney General Eric Holder and written by Bruce Fein, a Washington-based lawyer for Snowden's father, Lonnie G. Snowden.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/06/us/snowden-holder-letter/

Warlord
06-28-2013, 12:49 PM
They will never, ever agree to that. These people are FASCISTS.

TaftFan
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Nice!

Philhelm
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
What worth is any promise given by our government? I wouldn't deal with them if I were Snowden.

CaptUSA
06-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Bruce Fein!!!!! Seems like his Dad is on board!
http://americanbuilt.us/images/books/American-Empire-by-Bruce-Fein.jpg

If this letter is anything like Fein's books, I doubt Eric Holder would be able to read it.

Carlybee
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
They will throw him in Gitmo...dont do it Ed!

JoshLowry
06-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Espionage charges? How can the US government seriously levy that charge?

Could/should Snowden use the "Tu quo que" "You also" Nuremberg defense if he came back to the US? It got a number of Nazis off the hook...

Historically, however, at the [[Nuremberg trial]] of [[Dönitz|Karl Dönitz]] ''tu quoque'' was accepted not as a defense to the crime itself, or to the prosecution proceedings, but as a defense only to punishment.<ref>Yee, Sienho (2004), "The Tu Quoque Argument as a defence to International Crimes, Prosecution, or Punishment", ''Chinese Journal of International Law'', '''3''', p. 87-133.</ref> [[Otto Skorzeny]] and officers of Panzerbrigade 150 successfully used ''tu quoque'' evidence at the [[Dachau trials]] to be acquitted of violating the laws of war by using American uniforms to infiltrate Allied lines in the [[false flag]] [[Operation Greif]] in the Battle of the Bulge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

enhanced_deficit
06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Will GOP launch impeachment heareings for Obama, Holder, pupms before that?

Carlybee
06-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Will GOP launch impeachment heareings for Obama, Holder, pupms before that?

THIS

06-28-2013, 01:35 PM
I can't see why he would come back at this point. He's broken the law and looking at serious jail time if he's lucky, gitmo if he's not. Granted he did the right thing and I would have done the same, but technically he broke the law and is looking at hard time.

Warlord
06-28-2013, 01:43 PM
I can't see why he would come back at this point. He's broken the law and looking at serious jail time if he's lucky, gitmo if he's not. Granted he did the right thing and I would have done the same, but technically he broke the law and is looking at hard time.

10 years on each count. Himmler Holder will throw the book at him.

erowe1
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM

I think putting himself in the public eye might make him safer from assassination.

Nobexliberty
06-28-2013, 02:11 PM
These people are FASCISTS. That is offensive to facist.

06-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I think putting himself in the public eye might make him safer from assassination.

That's true.

brushfire
06-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Espionage charges? How can the US government seriously levy that charge?

Could/should Snowden use the "Tu quo que" "You also" Nuremberg defense if he came back to the US? It got a number of Nazis off the hook...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

He released the information into the public domain, and received nothing in return. Does this mean that "John Q Public" is an enemy of the state? How does that work?

PatriotOne
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM

Enemies of the state don't get assassinated anymore. They have "accidents" or "commit suicide" or have "drug overdoses" or die of heart attacks. Being in the public eye isn't really a safety net anymore.

ghengis86
06-28-2013, 02:56 PM
He released the information into the public domain, and received nothing in return. Does this mean that "John Q Public" is an enemy of the state? How does that work?

I think you're getting to picture...

Carlybee
06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
They broke the law first by spying on us. A bunch of them need to be indicted.