PDA

View Full Version : Polygamists See Gay Marriage Ruling Opening Door to Multiple Marriages

enhanced_deficit
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Obama pupms are getting accomplished too much in too little time:

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/polygamists-gay-marriage-ruling/2013/06/27/id/512233?promo_code=12289-1&utm_source=12289Raw_Story&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

James Madison
06-27-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm down. Won't happen, though.

FrankRep
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
NAMBLA may want a piece of this action too. Fighting love-related Age Discrimination is a civil rights issue, right?

Anti Federalist
06-27-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm down. Won't happen, though.

Why?

What could possibly be used as a legal defense against letting multiple people marry, if same sex people can marry?

enhanced_deficit
06-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Frank not sure if they can frame that as age discrimination or civil right sissue.
On a different note, apparently Obama puppet's masters are using US tax payers money to fund rapists of young boys employed at bases in Afghanistan installed there to spread freedom.

This Is What Winning Looks Like | VICE United States (http://www.vice.com/vice-news/this-is-what-winning-looks-like-part-1)

www.vice.com › Shows (http://www.vice.com/shows) › VICE News (http://www.vice.com/vice-news)‎
Filmmaker and author Ben Anderson went to Afghanistan in 2007 and ... is his disturbing documentary about the ineptitude, drug abuse, sexual miscond… ... The police chief first said that the boys had chosen to live on the patrol bases: “They like ... The marine looked at his watch and replied, “I would love to drink tea with ...

enhanced_deficit
06-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Why?

What could possibly be used as a legal defense against letting multiple people marry, if same sex people can marry?

Good question.

They might say because some old prophets used to do it, it is no longer hip today but it won't be good legal argument in such a case of apparent discrimination against consenting adults.

James Madison
06-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Why?

The same people who mobilized for same-sex marriage will never support polygamy. To them, it is a return to the Old World patriarchy, female oppression, and will 'undo' the 'progress' of the previous century. Social conservatives will not support it. A super-majority of women will NEVER support it.

VoluntaryAmerican
06-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I hope it does.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2013, 08:27 PM
The same people who mobilized for same-sex marriage will never support polygamy. To them, it is a return to the Old World patriarchy, female oppression, and will 'undo' the 'progress' of the previous century. Social conservatives will not support it. A super-majority of women will NEVER support it.

Oh, so it's a politically incorrect freedom, gotcha.

LOL - I understand your point, and it is valid, but I'll love to see them squirm on this, because they have backed themselves into a corner they cannot get out of.

If homosexual marriage is OK, then so is polygamist marriage.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
I hope it does.

This.

I have no desire to have multiple brides any more than I want a blushing bride with a penis.

But it's worth it for the squirm factor.

Popcorn please.

enhanced_deficit
06-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh, so it's a politically incorrect freedom, gotcha.

LOL - I understand your point, and it is valid, but I'll love to see them squirm on this, because they have backed themselves into a corner they cannot get out of.

If homosexual marriage is OK, then so is polygamist marriage.

JM view is accurate on support issue but issue of legal discrimination will not be framed in terms of popular support as SCOTUS is getting involved now. If it is discrimination/civil rights violation to prohibit marriage between two men biologically wired to be attracted to each other, how is it not discrimination/civil rights violation of the men who are biologically wired to be attracted more than one woman at a time in a consenting adults arrangement?

Obama puppet masters have dug themselves in a hole on this one it seems.

James Madison
06-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Good question.

They might say because some old prophets used to do it, it is no longer hip today but it won't be good legal argument in such a case of apparent discrimination against consenting adults.

Polygamy was a symptom of a time where women were dependent on men for their livelihood -- food, shelter, protection. In no way is this acceptable for government if they wish to go forward with their plan. The state needs broken families. It has become the sole provider for millions, all of whom will serve it so long as it protects them. It has become a greater polygamist than even the most philanderous Patriarch. An independent class of people who are responsible for their own well-being are in no need of the State.

Schifference
06-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Incest laws will need to be addressed. Consenting adults of same sex Mother & daughter? Father & son? Brother and brother? Sister and sister?

Keith and stuff
06-27-2013, 08:53 PM
It already happens and isn't a big deal. Do it as much as you want. Just don't marry the government. And seriously, polygamist, please get the hell off welfare!

James Madison
06-27-2013, 09:00 PM
It already happens and isn't a big deal. Do it as much as you want. Just don't marry the government. And seriously, polygamist, please get the hell off welfare!

from wiki

Bigamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to a second person and it is illegal in the United States. The crime is punishable either by a fine, imprisonment, or both, according to the law of the individual state and the circumstances of the offense.[4]

According to the Model Penal Code (section 230.1) bigamy is a misdemeanor, but having more than one spouse at the same time is a felony if it is done "in purported exercise of a plural marriage..." According to Joel Feinberg in Moral Limits of the Criminal Law, "Righteously flaunting one's illicit relationships, according to the Code, is apparently a morally aggravating circumstance, more punishable than its clandestine and deceptive counterpart."[5]

The Model Penal Code allows people to use an honest belief that they are only married to one person as a defense against a charge of bigamy. However, many US courts (e.g., Turner v. S., 212 Miss. 590, 55 So.2d 228) treat bigamy as a strict liability crime: in some jurisdictions a person can be convicted of a felony even if reasonably certain there was only one legal spouse. For example, if a person has the mistaken belief that their previous spouse is dead or that their divorce is final, they can still be convicted of bigamy if they marry a new person.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_North_America#Polygamy_and_bigamy_laws _in_the_US

Ender
06-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Polygamy means many marriages- polygyny is many wives.

phill4paul
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
"Benefit designee." More than one then an equal split and benefit. Unless contractually agreed upon.

Or just get government out of it.

James Madison
06-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Polygamy means many marriages- polygyny is many wives.

Men will no co-habit with a female for any serious length of time. They'll compete until one of them becomes the dominant male, which will cause the others to move onto other relationships.

I've addressed the reasons for this in other threads.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-27-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm gonna marry 5 women and 2 men

Ender
06-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Men will no co-habit with a female for any serious length of time. They'll compete until one of them becomes the dominant male, which will cause the others to move onto other relationships.

I've addressed the reasons for this in other threads.

Most men will not stay with any woman for any serious length of time.

phill4paul
06-27-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna marry 5 women and 2 men

There's gonna be some IRS issues with that. Are ya gonna father and from who? What a lawful tangled web.

phill4paul
06-27-2013, 09:21 PM

My dad is 85. Mom 83. They married when he was 20 and she 18. Perhaps it is a generational thing?

Ender
06-27-2013, 09:24 PM
My dad is 85. Mom 83. They married when he was 20 and she 18. Perhaps it is a generational thing?

Good on them! And I mean that sincerely.

There are wonderful family-oriented men in the world- but many who are not.

James Madison
06-27-2013, 09:26 PM

So?

ClydeCoulter
06-27-2013, 09:49 PM
This could get deep. But a man not staying married to a woman may have something to do with how things change (rapidly) once they are married. And that is so on both of them.

Also, if it were not deemed inappropriate by society for multiple women and one man, then I think you might be surprised at how many women would go for it. (fire!)

matt0611
06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Why not?

"Love is love" as Obama says.

"Who are you to say its wrong! It doesn't effect you!" blah blah blah

QuickZ06
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
It better happen, all is fair in love and war, right?

Nobexliberty
06-28-2013, 05:53 AM
My dad is 85. Mom 83. They married when he was 20 and she 18. Perhaps it is a generational thing? That's wonderful, hope marital vows will hold for my generation too.(the spoiled brat generation)

Philhelm
06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
I want to marry Kate Beckinsale. If she refuses, I will sue her for discrimination. I can marry whomever I wish, by law.

Nobexliberty
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Common law marriages FTW!

fisharmor
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
I have no desire to have multiple brides any more than I want a blushing bride with a penis.

I'm really looking forward to it.
I'll marry any woman - or man - from any country, and for a reasonable price, too.

enhanced_deficit
06-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I want to marry Kate Beckinsale. If she refuses, I will sue her for discrimination. I can marry whomever I wish, by law.

She can discriminate if she does not feel same way about you.

fisharmor
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Incest laws will need to be addressed. Consenting adults of same sex Mother & daughter? Father & son? Brother and brother? Sister and sister?

The real reason they won't allow incest is because if I were to "marry" my mother, and she died, then I wouldn't be inheriting her property and I wouldn't be taxed.

V3n
06-28-2013, 09:34 AM
what 2 or 10 consenting adults do or commit to each other, if it doesn't involve me, I really don't care.
Bring it on.

enhanced_deficit
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Why not?

"Love is love" as Obama says.

"Who are you to say its wrong! It doesn't effect you!" blah blah blah

It better happen, all is fair in love and war, right?

Yep, Love is Love and Obama pupms cannot make a U-turn and abandon love suddenly.

Keith and stuff
06-28-2013, 09:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0AepboK3I

klamath
06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Nothing is stopping it. There is absolutely no legal reason why people can't engage in polygamy anymore. Gays have been whining about their civil rights yet there are poligamists that absolutely must hide from the law or be jailed and I am not talking about the preditor child molester types but all adult consenting members.

Nobexliberty
06-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I thought marriage was between a man and a women. Then i went to public schools and was told gays should get married too. Then i went to the ron paul forums and now polygamy is ok. I am really getting confused.

Ender
06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
I thought marriage was between a man and a women. Then i went to public schools and was told gays should get married too. Then i went to the ron paul forums and now polygamy is ok. I am really getting confused.

What consenting adults do is their business. As long as it doesn't break Common Law (murder, theft, etc.); the gov should have no say.

Nobexliberty
06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
What consenting adults do is their business. As long as it doesn't break Common Law (murder, theft, etc.); the gov should have no say.Common law marriage makes a great substitute for licenses. And gays can not get married because it would not be marriage.

Icymudpuppy
06-28-2013, 12:41 PM
This could get deep. But a man not staying married to a woman may have something to do with how things change (rapidly) once they are married. And that is so on both of them.

Also, if it were not deemed inappropriate by society for multiple women and one man, then I think you might be surprised at how many women would go for it. (fire!)

If it were legal, my wife would already have recruited 3 more wives for me. Her best friends who are currently single and can't find a good man who provides, and has no costly vices such as alcoholism or nicotine addiction.

jkob
06-28-2013, 02:00 PM
I never got why polygamy was illegal to be honest

Consenting adults should be able to enter whatever agreements they want with each other and whatever deity they choose to involve.

Nobexliberty
06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I never got why polygamy was illegal to be honest

Consenting adults should be able to enter whatever agreements they want with each other and whatever deity they choose to involve. It is a leftover from the British empire. They have just changed some words and the punishment from death to something people can relate to.

enhanced_deficit
06-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Don't see how pupms can get out of this if this went to SCOTUS. Civil rights and discrimination against consenting loving adults is no light matter that Obama pupms can sweep under the discrimination rug.

supermario21
06-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Legalizing polygamy would convince people to get government out of the marriage business. I hope someone files a lawsuit and wins.

enhanced_deficit
06-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Don't think he would but if Mitt Romney files such a lawsuit, it would put Obama pupms on the defensive seriously.

Carlybee
06-28-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm beginning to think all marriage should be made illegal. Then no one can fight about it. Everybody can just live in sin.

presence
06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
When marriage went from being a spiritual construct to a legal construct is where we failed.

Brett85
06-28-2013, 08:48 PM
In order to be ideologically consistent, the people who claim to support "marriage equality" should support government recognition of polygamist marriages, marriages between brothers and sisters, and marriages between 1st cousins. If they don't support that then they're simply pro gay marriage and not "pro marriage equality."

Carlybee
06-28-2013, 08:55 PM
In order to be ideologically consistent, the people who claim to support "marriage equality" should support government recognition of polygamist marriages, marriages between brothers and sisters, and marriages between 1st cousins. If they don't support that then they're simply pro gay marriage and not "pro marriage equality."

Wonder how SCOTUS would rule on that.

enhanced_deficit
06-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Wonder how SCOTUS would rule on that.

They won't want to get caught discriminating against Marriage Equality and Civil Rights, their best hope might be to stop such a lawsuit from coming to Supreme Court.

Wonder how Obama would respond when a free press reporter asks him about marriagee equality.

Reporter: Mr Obama, do you support marraige equality and civil rights for consenting adults who want to marry multiple partners? How do you think America can end discrimination against such Americans?

Obama: Love is Love. Civil Rights for All.

Reporter: But would you call for Marriage Equality for all?

Obama: Love is Love. My puppet masters have not asked me to work for Marriage Equality and Civil Rights for all Americans yet but who knows.

Reporter: Do you agree with people who are calling you "hypocrite of the century"?

Obama: No wait a minute... Love is Love

Carlybee
06-29-2013, 12:15 AM
They won't want to get caught discriminating against Marriage Equality and Civil Rights, their best hope might be to stop such a lawsuit from coming to Supreme Court.

Wonder how Obama would respond when a free press reporter asks him about marriagee equality.

Reporter: Mr Obama, do you support marraige equality and civil rights for consenting adults who want to marry multiple partners? How do you think America can end discrimination against such Americans?

Obama: Love is Love. My puppet masters have not asked me to work for Marriage Equality and Civil Rights for all Americans yet but who knows.

Reporter: Do you agree with people who are calling you "hypocrite of the century"?

:D

Nobexliberty
06-29-2013, 12:17 AM

:D It deserves a cuter smile:toady:

jtstellar
06-29-2013, 01:03 AM
lol shit now im not sure how feminists are going to reconcile with that. I mean i have no problem with one woman and several men. so bring it on? Or are they gonna mention the biological advantage now and claim biological advantage is an unfairness that needs to be tamed?

feminists don't want to be equal they still want you to be in position of power, but just give them half of every cent you earn. I mean if you don't earn anything in the first place how do you pay women equally as you pay rest of your male employees. If every female had the wit to become an employer, they can just decide to pay themselves everything they earn, why even bother with fairness. No, they still want you to decide things, but they want you to treat them as you would treat yourself. What load of bs

enhanced_deficit
06-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Friday, Jun 28, 2013 04:59 PM EDT

Gohmert: DOMA decision means polygamy now justifiable (http://www.salon.com/2013/06/28/gohmert_doma_decision_means_polygamy_now_justifiab le/)

Without defining marriage as between a man and a woman, "you really don't end up with a good place to put a limit"

By Jillian Rayfield (http://www.salon.com/writer/jillian_rayfield/)

Topics: Louie Gohmert (http://www.salon.com/topic/louie_gohmert), House Republicans (http://www.salon.com/topic/house_republicans), DoMA (http://www.salon.com/topic/doma), Polygamy (http://www.salon.com/topic/polygamy), Texas (http://www.salon.com/topic/texas), Politics News (http://www.salon.com/category/politics/)
Rep Louie Gohmert, R-Texas. (Credit: Facebook/Louie-Gohmert)

Rep. Louie Gohmert again (http://www.salon.com/2013/06/26/louie_gohmert_on_doma_scotus_has_defied_laws_of_na ture_and_natures_god/) decried the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act, saying in a speech on the House floor that without a law that defines marriage as between a man and a woman, legalizing polygamy and bigamy will also now be “justifiable.”
“Once you move marriage beyond the scope of a man and a woman, you really don’t end up with a good place to put a limit,” Gohmert, R-Texas, said, adding: ”I think polygamy is wrong, bigamy is wrong, and it’s a crime in many places — but how will that be justifiable now that the court has removed this? There’s some [who] believe polygamy is a way to go.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/28/gohmert_doma_decision_means_polygamy_now_justifiab le/

ThePenguinLibertarian
06-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Why?

bigted and ignorant and stupid gays. Okay, i liked saying that. ****** ****** ****** i hate ******s.

enhanced_deficit
06-29-2013, 07:12 PM
It deserves a cuter smile:toady:

:)

Elias Graves
06-29-2013, 07:42 PM
This.

But it's worth it for the squirm factor.

Popcorn please.

No kidding. I can't handle one wife...forget about two! Lord, I'd be outnumbered at every turn.

enhanced_deficit
06-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Love is Love.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-30-2013, 12:41 PM

I don't need a super-majority... only 3-4. :p Maybe 5 at the most. lol

enhanced_deficit
06-30-2013, 01:17 PM

How can super-majority of women oppose civil rights of conseting adults even if they are in minority? SCOTUS would not allow such discrimination to stand.

Carlybee
06-30-2013, 01:23 PM
lol shit now im not sure how feminists are going to reconcile with that. I mean i have no problem with one woman and several men. so bring it on? Or are they gonna mention the biological advantage now and claim biological advantage is an unfairness that needs to be tamed?

feminists don't want to be equal they still want you to be in position of power, but just give them half of every cent you earn. I mean if you don't earn anything in the first place how do you pay women equally as you pay rest of your male employees. If every female had the wit to become an employer, they can just decide to pay themselves everything they earn, why even bother with fairness. No, they still want you to decide things, but they want you to treat them as you would treat yourself. What load of bs

That made absolutely no sense and what does equal pay for equal work have to do with marriage?

James Madison
06-30-2013, 04:16 PM
How can super-majority of women oppose civil rights of conseting adults even if they are in minority? SCOTUS would not allow such discrimination to stand.

In America, a woman has her husband by the balls, and s/he knows it. There's no reason to give up that kind of power.

enhanced_deficit
06-30-2013, 04:23 PM
In America, a woman has her husband by the balls, and s/he knows it. There's no reason to give up that kind of power.

There can always be a "power sharing" arrangement :)

Civil Rights of conseting adults cannot be treaded upon.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-30-2013, 04:47 PM

Who the fuck do you hang around with? I suggest you find a new set of people, or a different place, or whatever. Relationships are supposed to be mutually beneficial. If they're not, then disengage.

The Free Hornet
06-30-2013, 04:53 PM

It is hard enough to not call you a troll, please don't pretend like you just arrived here.

Anti Federalist
06-30-2013, 04:57 PM

It is.

All the rest of this nonsense is government tomfuckery.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-30-2013, 05:32 PM
It is.

All the rest of this nonsense is government tomfuckery.

Non-businessery. Without government, you and your community get to define marriage. Otherwise, "between a man and a women" is defined by law, aka, govt.

Grubb556
06-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Just reform the tax code, so it doesn't give 1 million different exemptions to 1 million different groups.

After that, marriage contracts will just be de facto partnership business contracts.

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Traditional marriage: one man, many women. Ask Abraham. ;)

James Madison
06-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Who the fuck do you hang around with? I suggest you find a new set of people, or a different place, or whatever. Relationships are supposed to be mutually beneficial. If they're not, then disengage.

I'm not gonna get into the science -- I've done that in other threads -- but 'putting-out' once in a while is enough to make the majority of men stick around, functional relationship or not.

People are lazy. And in general they prefer a familar abuse to an unknown tomorrow. They don't want freedom; they want illusory safety over uncertain freedom. Freedom isn't popular. Unless dragged by that tireless, irate minority, they'll run, head-first, into the darkness of night.