PDA

View Full Version : KEEP THAT GRASS CUT, MUNDANE

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I have no words for this.

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/police-captured-on-camera-serving-a-warrant-for-uncut-grass/-/10927008/20504378/-/cfb9kf/-/index.html

Video will not embed for some reason but you have GOT to see this BS.

Turtle Creek, PA —A Turtle Creek woman recorded police, when they came to her door, demanded she show identification then followed her inside.

Police from Turtle Creek, The Housing Authority and East Pittsburgh showed up at Ruckman's door, looking for her landlord. They had a warrant for Roben Edwards for Failure to Maintain property.

Ruckman recorded the officers as they told her to get her ID. She can be seen closing the door and asking the officers if they can wait outside. On the video, you hear one officer respond "No, I can't wait here because I think you're trying to avoid us." The officer goes on to say they are serving a warrant and have a right to be there.

East Pittsburgh Police Chief Lori Payne said officers never allow someone to go back inside alone.

"Shame on us if they come back with a shotgun," Payne said.

Duquesne Law Professer Wesley Oliver said "They could have defused the level of animosity in the situation had they been a little more polite. Officers can be very authoritative, while being polite. The two are not inconsistent"

The warrant for Ruckman's landlord was served during a 12 hour roundup in Turtle Creek and surrounding communities. District Justice Scott Schricker said the round up helped them clear more than one hundred warrants.

After Ruckmans encounter with police, Schricker said Edwards scheduled a hearing for charges involving her uncut grass.

Michigan11
06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Jesus H Christ! What the hell is going on in this country?

Christian Liberty
06-26-2013, 10:49 PM
That's so dumb...

bolil
06-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Uhhhhh, establishing obedience and infrastructure for the crackdown?

I wonder why most of these hoofless pigs had jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan... got some training over there, the urban brand in the former and rural in the latter.

Michigan11
06-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Uhhhhh, establishing obedience and infrastructure for the crackdown?

I wonder why most of these hoofless pigs had jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan... got some training over there, the urban brand in the former and rural in the latter.

Once the troops are measuring the height of grass in foreign arenas we know its close to over

Anti Federalist
06-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Still terrible, but posted:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?418975-Vid-Cops-barge-into-woman-s-house-serving-a-warrant-for-UNCUT-GRASS&highlight=Turtle+Creek

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Screw you, I'll mow when I "feel" like it. Damn! "Pretty is as pretty does", your pretty eff'ing ugly as far as I can see.

opal
06-27-2013, 12:10 AM
there are massive areas (subdivisions) on the Florida penis that are *deed restricted* where the home owners association can not only complain to you about your lawn.. but send someone to cut it.. bill you and if you don't pay.. put a lien on your house. One of the neighborhoods near where my grandfather lived in the early 90 even had a HOA patrol car that went out looking for long lawns.. brown patches on those lawns.. RV's parked on the street.. it was HORRIBLE.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-27-2013, 08:45 AM
there are massive areas (subdivisions) on the Florida penis that are *deed restricted* where the home owners association can not only complain to you about your lawn.. but send someone to cut it.. bill you and if you don't pay.. put a lien on your house. One of the neighborhoods near where my grandfather lived in the early 90 even had a HOA patrol car that went out looking for long lawns.. brown patches on those lawns.. RV's parked on the street.. it was HORRIBLE.

This is what my town does. If they do not like something than the Mayor and Council can order you to fix it through the Code Enforcement office and if you don't or can't afford it than they come and do it themselves and will bill you by attaching the charge (which is usually 10x more than a contractor would charge) to your property tax bill and when you cannot afford that they take your house and the town will own it. They attack people for having chickens, holding yard sales, their grass, what flowers are in their gardens, what their roof looks like, if their fence is attractive, if they use approved garbage bags in approved town garbage cans and on and on and on. Our Code Enforcement officer literally rides around all day long looking into people's driveways and over their fences looking for something to complain about and when he gets bored with that he starts digging in people's trash cans to make sure they have everything in bags and are not throwing away anything unapproved. If you are not using a trash can you have to rent from the town or are using bags that are not approved or throwing away something that is not approved than he will dump the can and leave a paper taped to it telling you that you are a bad citizen and if you do it again you will have to pay fines.

This is one big reason I am moving out of this town and out of this state. I have done everything I can to change the attitudes here but the Boobus force is strong and I cannot take it anymore.