PDA

View Full Version : People are alive and well, post your stories here

georgiaboy
06-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Dang.

Went to a restaurant tonight, ran into a buddy from a few years ago. Whereas before he was just happy-go-lucky, tonight within the first 15 minutes he touched on surveillance, and before we knew it, we were all talking about how crazy life in America had become.

There's real fear out there among the citizenry.

We dropped Rand and Ron Paul's name. boom.

Oh, yeah. He voted Obama in 2008. HE DIDN'T VOTE IN 2012.

What are you hearing from the populace?

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't talk politics with people much. I do eavesdrop though, and people are pretty pissed at Emperor Obama.

oyarde
06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
I just assume strangers are communists, unless I find out differently......

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-26-2013, 09:53 PM

same here... right wing or left wing commie.

bolil
06-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Dang.

Went to a restaurant tonight, ran into a buddy from a few years ago. Whereas before he was just happy-go-lucky, tonight within the first 15 minutes he touched on surveillance, and before we knew it, we were all talking about how crazy life in America had become.

There's real fear out there among the citizenry.

We dropped Rand and Ron Paul's name. boom.

Oh, yeah. He voted Obama in 2008. HE DIDN'T VOTE IN 2012.

What are you hearing from the populace?

That people are happy so long as rights they've possessed since birth are recognized by some fucking figment. That is to say contrived, which is to say designed, which is to say I don't hear much worth nothing, which is alot.

Or, as a small person once put it: I know less than half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Work it out, comes to a compliment.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 09:54 PM
I find a type of fear out there. Are you working for DHS?
This in farmland USA.
People here are pretty (shit a lot so) independent. They will agree or disagree to a point, but then, "Think it's going to rain today, they say...".

Anti Federalist
06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Wassa on TV tonight?

*burp*

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Wassa on TV tonight?

*burp*

//

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet. ;)

Christian Liberty
06-26-2013, 10:33 PM
I try to educate people politically all the time. The occasions where I fail suck...

Thor
06-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I ran into an older neocon type guy last week that I saw at our local county GOP convention last year... die hard Romney supporter... Turned his nose up (or down depending on your point of view) at Ron Paul actually when he made a speech or public comment about "Ron Paul supporters"....

Anyway, the other day last week we started talking under unrelated circumstances and I think the light bulb had gone off for him. He mentioned tracking, surveillance, the NSA crap, big corporate control, Obamacare and rising healthcare costs, said his son now started putting tape over his camera on his PC, etc... and then insinuated both sides are the same and have the same objectives! Mentioned Bush and the expansion of this surveillance... I almost wanted to say "Ron Paul, told ya so," but didn't.

Don't think he recognized me and just wanted it to stew and soak in a little... He did not say "Ron Paul was right," but some are slowly waking up to the light in spite of the indoctrination.... Thank you Mr Snowden!

oyarde
06-26-2013, 10:37 PM

These days , mostly leftists, lol

Michigan11
06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm transitioning from trying to awake others to working as a director to put together a youtube of all the nonsense I'm seeing out there.

oyarde
06-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet. ;)

Ahh , but I am old , I have friends I have known since grade school , someof them and they have known me all this time and know how I am , and I can trust them , .......really , :) if they do not realize it , they are now like me, lol, I consider myself a positive influence :)

Elias Graves
06-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Here in flyover country, gubment surveillance comes up in nearly every conversation I have over the last month, even among people I barely know.
It's registering with people and I encourage it. When it comes up, I bring up several news stories about it. Most aren't following the details closely but they know something is up.

KEEF
06-27-2013, 06:07 AM
I have the day off and so I am going to take my two girls to the park, push them on the swings, and then maybe out to ice cream.

Nobexliberty
06-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Got laughed at school beacuse i said having cops at every street corner is a threat to liberty. Have to rethink my strategy:).

Scrapmo
06-27-2013, 06:28 AM
I ran into an older neocon type guy last week that I saw at our local county GOP convention last year... die hard Romney supporter... Turned his nose up (or down depending on your point of view) at Ron Paul actually when he made a speech or public comment about "Ron Paul supporters"....

Anyway, the other day last week we started talking under unrelated circumstances and I think the light bulb had gone off for him. He mentioned tracking, surveillance, the NSA crap, big corporate control, Obamacare and rising healthcare costs, said his son now started putting tape over his camera on his PC, etc... and then insinuated both sides are the same and have the same objectives! Mentioned Bush and the expansion of this surveillance... I almost wanted to say "Ron Paul, told ya so," but didn't.

Don't think he recognized me and just wanted it to stew and soak in a little... He did not say "Ron Paul was right," but some are slowly waking up to the light in spite of the indoctrination.... Thank you Mr Snowden!

I have found that to be the most effective strategy. Most of these people (my mother in law is one) have such an ingrained biased against Ron Paul from the last election that as soon as you bring him up they immediately shut down. I just stick to the issues because even when neo-cons agree with everything Ron Paul has said that dont agree with Ron Paul about anything.