PDA

View Full Version : Snowden care package

Thor
06-26-2013, 07:23 PM
OK, so IF Snowden is stuck in the Moscow airport (which we do not know with certainty he is even there) and Ecuador said it can take up to 2 months for them to decide IF they will grant asylum, he is going to need some help IF he is banking on that decision. How about a chip in or something to send him a care package? Food, money, etc... I don't know IF we can even reach him as he seems to be pretty smart at what he is doing and seems to be successfully avoiding the media. Or IF he would trust the source of the food, etc... Anyway, it is just a thought.

For all we know the Russians are treating him well, or have him locked up trying to extract information; or he is wandering aimlessly (yet carefully to not be spotted)... Or he is not even there.... Heck IF I know. I just know IF his life is now the movie "The Terminal", we need to help out IF we can.

Maybe we wait a little longer to see IF anything is revealed? (Lotta IF's in there...)

Thoughts?

bolil
06-26-2013, 07:28 PM
NDAA. They may have already labeled him an enemy of the state, and assisting him in anyway is signing your own warrant.

I hope he is somewhere safe wherever he is. I really hope he is in Iceland, but then hopes are a good road to being let down.

GregSarnowski
06-26-2013, 07:33 PM
He's got Julian Assange from Wikileaks speaking to the media for him so no doubt he's tied into a support network.

liberty2897
06-26-2013, 07:42 PM
NDAA. They may have already labeled him an enemy of the state, and assisting him in anyway is signing your own warrant.

I hope he is somewhere safe wherever he is. I really hope he is in Iceland, but then hopes are a good road to being let down.

You and me both. This is the most exciting and potentially great period of time that I can recall in my life. If enough of us continue to stand with him, we can change the world for the better. If we back down, and give into apathy (which I contemplate all the time), then we will all loose.

How about a chip in or something to send him a care package? Food, money, etc...

I'm more than willing if someone can set something real up somehow. Not sure how to do that.

Thor
06-26-2013, 07:43 PM

So what will you take a stand for? Or will you let labels box you into compliance?

Thor
06-26-2013, 07:43 PM
He's got Julian Assange from Wikileaks speaking to the media for him so no doubt he's tied into a support network.

Hopefully, but it would sure show a level of support from AMERICANS for what he did....

CaseyJones
06-26-2013, 07:45 PM
great idea Thor may I copy this thread to liberty activism?

Thor
06-26-2013, 07:47 PM
great idea Thor may I copy this thread to liberty activism?

Sure, where ever you think it fits best.

newbitech
06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't think it's against the law to send inmates car packages. He does live on earth and last I checked the USA runs the place. har har.

Anyways, I imagine Snowden it would be somewhat difficult to get anything to him at this point. How would that even come about? He's one guy, so I don't think he needs everyone sending him a toothbrush and a roll of toilet paper.

What kind of items would be in this package? Bottle water, snacks, canned goods, etc?

I'd love to participate in some kind of effort that shows real tangible support for the guy other than just signing some petition. I am open to brain storming it and seeing where it leads.

CaseyJones
06-26-2013, 08:13 PM
send him a passport hidden in a bible!

GregSarnowski
06-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Hopefully, but it would sure show a level of support from AMERICANS for what he did....

For a couple of hours yesterday I stood alone at an intersection with a sign that said "I am Edward Snowden". I got a mix of reactions, ranging from people stopping to take a picture to shouting profanities at me. Overall the younger people supported me and the older people didn't. All I can say is I'm really disappointed in the baby boomer generation, despite being somewhat of a hippie myself.

Also a lot of people who apparently don't follow the news were just confused, asking "why are you telling people your name?" or "did you lose a bet?"

Maybe if we want to do something potentially constructive we can organize (or join?) a congressional calling campaign regarding Snowden's persecution. I mean, this guy is one of us, he supported Ron Paul and severely disrupted his life (at best) in support of transparency and the Constitution, we need to do everything we can for him.

How about we organize a campaign to call Congress on his behalf on the 4th of July? Like a "Support the 4th on the 4th" thing. It gives enough time to spread the word but is soon enough it will still be in the news. Or will no one even be there to answer the phones on a national holiday? (probably)

tod evans
06-26-2013, 08:38 PM
There's more than a few "boomers" here, myself included...

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 08:39 PM

<---- Uh, yeah

GregSarnowski
06-26-2013, 08:43 PM

Of course, wasn't trying to generalize but it is scary how fascist the supposedly anti-authoritarian generation has become OVERALL now that they largely hold the reigns of power.

Thor
06-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Well, I think we need to do SOMETHING... He stuck his neck out for all of us, and we need to try and help him. Of course there is the argument that he is a distraction, plant to alert people of the police state, etc... but as of now, I think he has major balls and someone needs say "Thanks!" And if he is stuck in that airport for 2 months, he is going to need some support from AMERICAN's who are thankful for what he did.... (not just Wikileaks)

Tod
06-26-2013, 09:54 PM
wouldn't this be a good test of the anonymity of Bitcoin?

CaseyJones
06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
anyone on the forums from russia?

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Well, I think we need to do SOMETHING... He stuck his neck out for all of us, and we need to try and help him. Of course there is the argument that he is a distraction, plant to alert people of the police state, etc... but as of now, I think he has major balls and someone needs say "Thanks!" And if he is stuck in that airport for 2 months, he is going to need some support from AMERICAN's who are thankful for what he did.... (not just Wikileaks)

Birthday Cake, belated birthday cake.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
anyone on the forums from russia?

^^ ??? ^^

Maybe PM Casey?

CaseyJones
06-26-2013, 09:59 PM
why they are reading the PMs to

Thor
06-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Birthday Cake, belated birthday cake.

With a hacksaw inside? ;-)

Stallheim
06-27-2013, 07:01 AM
I don't think it's against the law to send inmates car packages. He does live on earth and last I checked the USA runs the place. har har.

Anyways, I imagine Snowden it would be somewhat difficult to get anything to him at this point. How would that even come about? He's one guy, so I don't think he needs everyone sending him a toothbrush and a roll of toilet paper.

What kind of items would be in this package? Bottle water, snacks, canned goods, etc?

I'd love to participate in some kind of effort that shows real tangible support for the guy other than just signing some petition. I am open to brain storming it and seeing where it leads.

Is anybody organizing anything for Manning? Hope he never gets forgotten.

PierzStyx
06-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Give me a way to know I'm actually helping him and I'll gladly sign that warrant.

green73
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM

<---- Uh, yeah

Screw you, boomers!

green73
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
No care package is complete without this:

http://www.hairybarsnacks.com/images/pork_scratching_picture3.jpg

LibertyEagle
06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Screw you, boomers!

:rolleyes:

Ah, youth, they're sooooo much smarter. lol

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/09/Obama-Oregon-2008-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

green73
06-27-2013, 09:03 AM
I was speaking half in jest. But since you bring it up, who raised today's youth?

:rolleyes:

Ah, youth, they're sooooo much smarter. lol

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/09/Obama-Oregon-2008-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Occam's Banana
06-27-2013, 09:11 AM
"New Improved Flavor" ... are those made from "pot fed" pork? ;)

No care package is complete without this:

http://www.hairybarsnacks.com/images/pork_scratching_picture3.jpg

green73
06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
"New Improved Flavor" ... are those made from "pot fed" pork? ;)

Brilliant! Munchies that give you the munchies!

tod evans
06-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I was speaking half in jest. But since you bring it up, who raised today's youth?

I don't know about any of the others but I get more stupid with each passing decade..

donnay
06-27-2013, 09:33 AM

<--- Boom!

jmdrake
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Bitcoins.

RickyJ
06-27-2013, 01:55 PM
So what will you take a stand for? Or will you let labels box you into compliance?

He's not talking about labels, he is talking about going to jail for supporting Snowden. Yes, the government very well might prosecute anyone that helps him. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help him though, it just means there might be some bad consequences for anyone helping him.

Thor
06-27-2013, 02:16 PM
He's not talking about labels, he is talking about going to jail for supporting Snowden. Yes, the government very well might prosecute anyone that helps him. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help him though, it just means there might be some bad consequences for anyone helping him.

OK, but my point is, if you agree with Snowden and what he did, but the government says he is a bad guy, do you cower away or do you stand up.... i.e. where is the line that is enough to get one to act? Maybe for him this isn't it... Maybe shooting his dog, or raping his wife is needed...

I just feel saying "Thank You!" for something someone did for all American's deserves a little recognition. Something we all feel was the right thing to do. The more people that support a "Thank You", the harder the time the government will have prosecuting them. If it is a handful of people, then ya, maybe; if it is 100's or 1,000's or more, maybe they will think twice... (and add everyone to the list who isn't already on it.)

Maybe it is not a care package if we don't even know where he is... but SOMETHING should be done to honor him.