PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on The Glenn Beck Program 6/26/13 (audio added)

jllundqu
06-26-2013, 09:11 AM
They are talking about the new SCOTUS rulings, immigration bill, and federal power.

update: here's the entire interview, Rand comes on at 1:17:40 and Judge Nap at 1:36:30

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/the-glenn-beck-program-05-26

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Fuck Glenn Beck.

talk about that.

Truthfully speaking, I'm a little damn annoyed.

Glenn Beck is the "journalist" (what the fuck do people call him, a radio personality?) Rand Paul has time to spend his time with?

Okay.

Another write in.

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Fuck Glenn Beck.

talk about that.

Glenn Beck is the "journalist" (what the fuck do people call him, a radio personality?) Rand Paul has time to spend his time with?

Okay.

Another write in.
I feel your frustration when it would be nice for Rand to give Ben some time but he's clearly focused on driving the conservative masses that listen to the likes of Beck and co to urge their members of Congress to wise up on this immigration bill and keep the positive message going on Snowden and pointing out the corruption in the administration. Gotta go where people listen.

jllundqu
06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Agreed. It's actually a great discussion. Listen to the blaze on iheart radio app. Rand is killing it... he sounds like the judge!

radiofriendly
06-26-2013, 09:24 AM
That was good.

Ben Swann? I'm sure Sen Paul will sit down with him eventually, but he doesn't need to be preaching to the choir right now.

jllundqu
06-26-2013, 09:28 AM
That was good.

Ben Swann? I'm sure Sen Paul will sit down with him eventually, but he doesn't need to be preaching to the choir right now.

Agreed. No offense to Swann, but Beck's audience is in the millions... more bang for yor buck and yes, he needs to drive the debate and right the ship of the 'right'

supermario21
06-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Rand is going to be labeled a social liberal in the primaries, but he sounded like Judge Nap with Beck. Great interview!

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I feel your frustration when it would be nice for Rand to give Ben some time but he's clearly focused on driving the conservative masses that listen to the likes of Beck and co to urge their members of Congress to wise up on this immigration bill and keep the positive message going on Snowden and pointing out the corruption in the administration. Gotta go where people listen.
You know what, FUCK the "conservative" message. Most weren't even born yet the last time your party was "conservatives." My history doesn't even go back so far.

Give Glenn Beck ANOTHER interview, Hannity too? Disgusting. The same men who sold his father for a new suit and he's on doing WHAT?? Oh, "driving conservative masses." Do you happen to have the number to call in?

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 09:35 AM
That was good.

Yeah, no need to preach to the choir on another goddamn neoconservative, beckstabbing, episode. It's not like Ben Swann hasn't been covering more truth in three minutes of a Reality Check than Beck in his entire career. FFS we are a third way down with the kickstarter and hardly a sixth the way there.

He'll get around to it though, huh.

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Agreed. No offense to Swann, but Beck's audience is in the millions... more bang for yor buck and yes, he needs to drive the debate and right the ship of the 'right'
Yeah, and no offense to Beck but he is a corporate media whore who would sell Rand Paul's soul for a pair of loafers.

jllundqu
06-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, no need to preach to the choir on another goddamn neoconservative, beckstabbing, episode. It's not like Ben Swann hasn't been covering more truth in three minutes of a Reality Check than Beck in his entire career. FFS we are a third way down with the kickstarter and hardly a sixth the way there.

He'll get around to it though, huh.

Decaf, KC.... Decaf. lol

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Agreed. It's actually a great discussion. Listen to the blaze on iheart radio app. Rand is killing it... he sounds like the judge!
My rep was to say: I'll listen to that shit in hell.

jllundqu
Yeah, and no offense to Beck but he is a corporate media whore who would sell Rand Paul's soul for a pair of loafers.

You on the Kansas or MO side? I just moved from Prairie Village back to AZ

jllundqu
Whoa! Judge NAP is on now!

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Decaf, KC.... Decaf. lol
LOL

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Whoa! Judge NAP is on now!
Got a link?

libertyplz
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Got a link?

http://www.glennbeck.com/publish/themes/glennbeck/live_player/

supermario21
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/themes/TheBlaze/blaze_radio/player/

supermario21
06-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Last question.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Decaf, KC.... Decaf. lol

Nah, let him keep that fire in his belly, all of us are going to need it from him and many other of the youth. :)

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Decaf, KC.... Decaf. lol
I'll drink my "decaf" and flood this thread with truth.

Fuck Beck.

"Allende was democracy" heh eh ehe. I want to throw a book at them. (Beck and that fat midgety whore who agrees and laughs at whatever Beck says)

Claiming Dr. Paul's FP as his own, while still that fat midget laughs? Another strike. Medina? Another strike.

Everything that clown stands for... he can Vicks vapor rub his eyes to hell and cue card cry (another strike, that medialite whore) voice paralysis. I swear to God. Last thing I'll comment on Rand. Good job. Poli-tick-ing aint easy.

Last I ever comment on the 100-0 Senators.

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
We'll need tubez.

Brett85
06-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Rand is going to be labeled a social liberal in the primaries, but he sounded like Judge Nap with Beck. Great interview!

What did he say?

cajuncocoa
06-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Decaf, KC.... Decaf. lol
Decaf my ass....show me where KC is wrong. You can't.

supermario21
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
What did he say?

He basically said that if you want to defend marriage, do it at the state level, don't waste your time with the federal government. Which is fine with me, but you know Santorum or somebody will be pushing a constitutional amendment or something like that. Tim Huelskamp is already saying he's pushing for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. Too many on the right are overreacting with this.

jllundqu
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Did I say he was wrong? Man you guys are wound this morning.... chill out

Note: and what you didn't see is the rep that I gave him on his posts..... "you cant" Really? :rolleyes:

Brett85
06-26-2013, 10:43 AM
He basically said that if you want to defend marriage, do it at the state level, don't waste your time with the federal government. Which is fine with me, but you know Santorum or somebody will be pushing a constitutional amendment or something like that. Tim Huelskamp is already saying he's pushing for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. Too many on the right are overreacting with this.

Taking the pro federal marriage amendment position would probably make a Republican politician unelectable in a general election for President. Saying that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that the issue should be handled by the states is probably the furthest to the right that social conservatives can get away with in a general election for President.

WM_in_MO
06-26-2013, 10:43 AM
People like our parents still listen to Beck. If in the process they get to hear Rand then all the better. Saves me the task of trying to convert them myself and honestly makes it easier for me to explain my logic and philosophy to them.

Anything to help me build that bridge back to my family is welcome. my job is to make sure they have those core principles so they can use their filter like we do.

supermario21
06-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I agree with you entirely. It's just that there are morons in the caucus who are trying to push the stupid federal marriage amendment which couldn't even muster support 10 years ago when states were passing their own constitutional amendments to ban gay marriage.

krugminator
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Fuck Glenn Beck.

talk about that.

Okay.

Another write in.

This is spot on. It's silly to go on one of the most listened to radio shows in the country. I would much rather he go on internet podcasts and talk about the hard hitting news of the day like fluoride in the water and the Bilderberg Group.

Brett85
06-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I agree with you entirely. It's just that there are morons in the caucus who are trying to push the stupid federal marriage amendment which couldn't even muster support 10 years ago when states were passing their own constitutional amendments to ban gay marriage.

Yeah, it got about 50 votes in the Senate back then and would get even less now. It's a waste of time. Huelskamp is my former rep and I like him overall. He's our best rep here in Kansas since he voted against CISPA and voted for the hemp amendment and the Smith-Gibson amendment. But, he's just a very strong social conservative who sometimes wants to federalize social issues. I consider myself to be a social conservative but don't necessarily want the marriage issue to be decided at the federal level.

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2013, 11:00 AM
The slight bit of umbrage I took was why get all hysterical over Rand being interviewed on whatever show. We were all pissed when Ron got blacked out so we should relish Rand getting the liberty message out (in his own way) in every chance he gets. Heck, we're actually getting spoiled these days with all the coverage.

jllundqu
06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
The slight bit of umbrage I took was why get all hysterical over Rand being interviewed on whatever show. We were all pissed when Ron got blacked out so we should relish Rand getting the liberty message out (in his own way) in every chance he gets. Heck, we're actually getting spoiled these days with all the coverage.

This

cajuncocoa
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM

You may be getting spoiled. Some of us are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'll bow out now...one Debbie Downer per message board was one too many. ;)

supermario21
06-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it got about 50 votes in the Senate back then and would get even less now. It's a waste of time. Huelskamp is my former rep and I like him overall. He's our best rep here in Kansas since he voted against CISPA and voted for the hemp amendment and the Smith-Gibson amendment. But, he's just a very strong social conservative who sometimes wants to federalize social issues. I consider myself to be a social conservative but don't necessarily want the marriage issue to be decided at the federal level.

I like Huelskamp as he is one of the best on most issues, but he should focus on those rather than this.

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 11:17 AM
This is spot on. It's silly to go on one of the most listened to radio shows in the country. I would much rather he go on internet podcasts and talk about the hard hitting news of the day like fluoride in the water and the Bilderberg Group.
I had to sign in for this one.

I am going to challenge you to find one post of my entire 6,000 some to find one on fluoride in the water or the Bilderberg Group. What do you need, a day, a week?

Given. Please read through my six thousand or so posts, educate yourself, and see where I'm coming from. Seems fair, right?

Unless of course you are referring to Ben Swann as giving "hard hitting news like fluoride in the water or the Bilderberg Group." Now recognize, mentioning the Bilderberg Group in the context of history is one thing, your implication of being "conspiratorial" is offensive to I, who to the best of my memory have never mentioned the Bilderberg Group in any significant way, and I'd imagine to Ben Swann who researches a topic and reports on it.

Fuck Glenn Beck, The Blaze, his ilk.

Now mind you a simple endorsement of the truth, a tweet to Ben Swann affirming Rand Paul's conviction to the Fourth Amendment, to the Constitution and that Ben Swann has integrity would be better than nothing. As insignificant as it seems to you, a simple affirmation of character would definitely help Ben Swann's kickstarter. Instead Hannity after Beck after ____ while they all insulted his father and threw him under the bus, Ben Swann consistently reported the news fairly.

Twenty-six posts huh? What was your original name?

Slutter McGee
06-26-2013, 11:21 AM
I had to sign in for this one.

I am going to challenge you to find one post of my entire 6,000 some to find one on fluoride in the water or the Bilderberg Group. What do you need, a day, a week?

Given. Please read through my six thousand or so posts, educate yourself, and see where I'm coming from. Seems fair, right?

Unless of course you are referring to Ben Swann as giving "hard hitting news like fluoride in the water or the Bilderberg Group." Now recognize, mentioning the Bilderberg Group in the context of history is one thing, your implication of being "conspiratorial" is offensive to I, who to the best of my memory have never mentioned the Bilderberg Group in any significant way, and I'd imagine to Ben Swann who researches a topic and reports on it.

Fuck Glenn Beck, The Blaze, his ilk.

Now mind you a simple endorsement of the truth, a tweet to Ben Swann affirming Rand Paul's conviction to the Fourth Amendment, to the Constitution and that Ben Swann has integrity would be better than nothing. As insignificant as it seems to you, a simple affirmation of character would definitely help Ben Swann's kickstarter. Instead Hannity after Beck after ____ while they all insulted his father and threw him under the bus, Ben Swann consistently reported the news fairly.

Twenty-six posts huh? What was your original name?

Or we could actually try to fucking win this time.

Slutter McGee

Slutter McGee
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Seriously, would somebody like to recap the conversation instead of insulting the man who just gave Rand yet another opportunity to reach a national audience. Yeah, I have my problems with him too. But you don't see me bitching in every single goddamn thread that mentions the man, and bitching to the point that what was actually said gets completely lost.

Thanks,

Slutter McGee

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Or we could actually try to fucking win this time.

Slutter McGee
I have about a page long post directed towards you that I never heard anything about.

(the one with the link)

Forgive me if I am already of the assumption that my post was misunderstood.. though not trying to be funny or anything, you did misunderstand my post.

Try to win Ohio without a presentable, honest, barrier-breaking, journalist. It isn't going to happen.

Good luck on winning without Ohio. It isn't going to happen.

Slutter McGee
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
I have about a page long post directed towards you that I never heard anything about.

(the one with the link)

Forgive me if I am already of the assumption that my post was misunderstood.. though not trying to be funny or anything, you did misunderstand my post.

Try to win Ohio without a presentable, honest, barrier-breaking, journalist. It isn't going to happen.

Honestly, I don't look up every time somebody replies to me. Send me a link and Id be more than happy to read it. At this point in the campaign (if you want to call it that) reaching a national audience as much as possible is far more important than Ben...despite the fact that I like him far more than Beck.

Slutter McGee

kcchiefs6465
06-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Honestly, I don't look up every time somebody replies to me. Send me a link and Id be more than happy to read it. At this point in the campaign (if you want to call it that) reaching a national audience as much as possible is far more important than Ben...despite the fact that I like him far more than Beck.

Slutter McGee
Ben getting funded, being able to continue his journalistic pursuit of news is more important than Beck's cue card voice paralysis could ever incite to be. Come 2016, I have no doubts that Ben Swann will still fairly be covering the election. If I had to bet, Beck won't be. Hannity won't be. They'll be on the same team as John King and Wolf Blitzer. Watch and wait.

It isn't the world for Rand Paul to show a little love to Ben Swann. It is a win win for both. Rand Paul gets to show he is strong on civil liberties and Ben Swann kickstarter will get more pledges. Especially if Rand Paul linked the interview to his Facebook. It isn't much to ask. At the VERY least send a tweet showing your support. The only man that treated his father with respect is treated as if he hasn't done a damn thing to help "the movement." (whatever the fuck that means, anyways)

As to my response you read it. You responded to the post above mine. I really don't care. Understand where I am coming from here and I'd be happy.

Over a third the way down, about a sixth pledged. And Rand Paul is on every show under the sun. Is it really too much to ask?

AuH20
06-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Ben getting funded, being able to continue his journalistic pursuit of news is more important than Beck's cue card voice paralysis could ever incite to be. Come 2016, I have no doubts that Ben Swann will still fairly be covering the election. If I had to bet, Beck won't be. Hannity won't be. They'll be on the same team as John King and Wolf Blitzer. Watch and wait.

It isn't the world for Rand Paul to show a little love to Ben Swann. It is a win win for both. Rand Paul gets to show he is strong on civil liberties and Ben Swann kickstarter will get more pledges. Especially if Rand Paul linked the interview to his Facebook. It isn't much to ask. At the VERY least send a tweet showing your support. The only man that treated his father with respect is treated as if he hasn't done a damn thing to help "the movement." (whatever the fuck that means, anyways)

As to my response you read it. You responded to the post above mine. I really don't care. Understand where I am coming from here and I'd be happy.

Over a third the way down, about a sixth pledged. And Rand Paul is on every show under the sun. Is it really too much to ask?

He can do both. It's not the end of the world. Secondly, Swann is just starting his new endeavor. To compare the two, in terms of audience and influence is preposterous at this stage.

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2013, 11:49 AM

I agree with this and that's why I pledged as much as I think I can donate with the other Senate moneybombs in mind. Rand is doing his thing and so many expect him to do exactly what they think is important. Heck, I could go to town on him as I'd like to see mass prosecutions for Benghazi, NSA scandals, IRS snooping, bankers stealing our money but none of that is something the man has direct control of. IMO, Ron needs to step up and give new life to this Kickstarter push, Rand is too busy atm with all his interviews, speeches and Senate activity. Also, Brannon is hanging in limbo as the premiere announced Senate candidate that is closest to Ron yet not a word, email or otherwise about the moneybomb in 2 days. This guy needs seed money to go forward and needs it by the end of this month. Where's Ron? Do we want another solid pro-liberty guy in the Senate or not? Cause if the Ron loyalists aren't pitching in here then stop bitching when those of us willing to work with the 80%+ers hold moneybombs and campaign for just the better than average candidates since the Ron clones are so far in between and unfunded for the most part. Hence, since Ron endorsed Rep Broun for Senate that's why we're holding a moneybomb for him despite the likelihood that his foreign policy stance isn't like Ron's for the most part yet he's reliably anti-establishment on most. I like that Ron came out and endorsed him but I haven't seen him trying to coordinate with the grassroots' efforts on things lately like they/he did during the last campaign.

specsaregood
06-26-2013, 12:06 PM
He can do both. It's not the end of the world. Secondly, Swann is just starting his new endeavor. To compare the two, in terms of audience and influence is preposterous at this stage.

Has Mr. Swann made the claim that he has asked for an interview with Sen. Paul and been denied? If so, can somebody link it? I haven't seen it. Thanks in advance.

helenpaul
06-26-2013, 12:25 PM
it was a great interview.

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 12:45 PM

And Huelskamp is one of the better Reps. They fall into this trap every time.

WM_in_MO
06-26-2013, 12:48 PM
To the normal people: Keep government out of love
To the church goers: Since when does government get to define what God already defined? Keep government out!

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
The important thing is the message getting out, not who's delivering it, or the vehicle in which it gets out.

+Rep

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Seriously, would somebody like to recap the conversation instead of insulting the man who just gave Rand yet another opportunity to reach a national audience. Yeah, I have my problems with him too. But you don't see me bitching in every single goddamn thread that mentions the man, and bitching to the point that what was actually said gets completely lost.

Thanks,

Slutter McGee

Agreed. The near brain aneurysms over who interviews Rand are bordering on the ridiculous now.

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Rand has been putting forth a tremendous effort for the cause of liberty. Just listen to him, he's visible tired and his voice fails him sometimes. He shouldn't be responsible for Ben Swann's project coming off.

klamath
06-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Rand has been putting forth a tremendous effort for the cause of liberty. Just listen to him, he's visible tired and his voice fails him sometimes. He shouldn't be responsible for Ben Swann's project coming off.Yes I have noticed that Rand is looking really tired and older. He has been working his butt off.

T.hill
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM

Fuck Beck.

"Allende was democracy" heh eh ehe. I want to throw a book at them. (Beck and that fat midgety whore who agrees and laughs at whatever Beck says)

Claiming Dr. Paul's FP as his own, while still that fat midget laughs? Another strike. Medina? Another strike.

Everything that clown stands for... he can Vicks vapor rub his eyes to hell and cue card cry (another strike, that medialite whore) voice paralysis. I swear to God. Last thing I'll comment on Rand. Good job. Poli-tick-ing aint easy.

More like nonsensical dribble; Don't care who he talks to, don't care about his approach or style, I care for the principles of libertarianism and what he does pro-actively for the message his father has been preaching about for years and years.

It would be nice for all these people who are talking to Rand that use to shun Ron to apologize to him for some of the dismissive and demeaning things they said about him. Or, at least acknowledge Ron was right, but oh well.

T.hill
06-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Did Laura Ingraham ever concede that Ron was right all along? Considering shes becoming more and more paleoconservative by the day.

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Is there audio or video of the interview?

tsai3904
06-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Is there audio or video of the interview?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/06/26/sen-rand-paul-gang-of-8-bill-dead-on-arrival-in-house/

jct74
06-26-2013, 05:05 PM
here's the entire interview, Rand comes on at 1:17:40 and Judge Nap at 1:36:30

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/the-glenn-beck-program-05-26

Rudeman
06-26-2013, 05:37 PM
There's too much focus on the interviewer (Beck, Hannity etc.). Rand is trying to reach their audience, if any of those interviewers end up supporting Rand then that's an added bonus.

sylcfh
06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Ugh.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/06/26/19156364-post-doma-rand-paul-fears-humans-marrying-non-humans?pc=25&sp=25#discussion_nav

Caught in the Beck-Maddow crossfire.

I<3Liberty
06-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Can Rand just take over the show or get his own show? He would do a much better job than Glenn Beck.

anaconda
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Ugh.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/06/26/19156364-post-doma-rand-paul-fears-humans-marrying-non-humans?pc=25&sp=25#discussion_nav

Caught in the Beck-Maddow crossfire.

I knew as soon as I heard Rand say this that it was going to make headlines with the progressives. He was musing academically about the extent of defined marriages per the state, but his political opponents will use intellectual dishonesty and contextual obfuscation as weapons. Rand would do well to stop walking into these situations. He could have simply played off of Beck's polygamy example and avoided this. The polygamy example was just fine.

PatriotOne
06-26-2013, 09:05 PM

Did I miss something? Did Rand deny an interview with Ben?

Brett85
06-26-2013, 09:15 PM
The animal comparison wasn't a good idea. I'm opposed to gay marriage but realize that that comparison makes gay marriage opponents look like idiots and extremists. It would also hurt in a general election where you need to reach out to moderates and independents.

Rudeman
06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Rand was asked about that comment in the Megyn Kelly interview:

Link to thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419428-Video-Rand-Paul-on-Fox-News-w-Megyn-Kelly-6-26-13

Video link (starts around 5:20):
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2510260509001/costly-earmarks-in-immigration-reform-bill/

PaulConventionWV
06-26-2013, 09:51 PM

What the heck do people expect? Ron Paul went on Glenn Beck. Doesn't it just seem silly to find all these dumb excuses to hate Rand?

PaulConventionWV
06-26-2013, 09:55 PM

Fuck Beck.

I'm sorry, but your post was just a little... incoherent. Do you have a translation?

PaulConventionWV
06-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes I have noticed that Rand is looking really tired and older. He has been working his butt off.

It just tickles me how someone used to say this almost every interview with Ron... "He looks tired". Now we're already starting on that shit with Rand. Guys, he's probably not any more tired than usual. What you "noticed" is all in your head.

Krzysztof Lesiak
06-26-2013, 10:29 PM
I just read on Politico that Beck makes more money than Lady Gaga. Lol. I've always been skeptical and wary of Beck, and I continue to be. He's a fake libertarian.

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2013, 10:33 PM
It just tickles me how someone used to say this almost every interview with Ron... "He looks tired". Now we're already starting on that shit with Rand. Guys, he's probably not any more tired than usual. What you "noticed" is all in your head.
So I imagine Rand's voice giving out and sounding like sandpaper in certain speeches when he's continually traveling? GTFO.

HigherVision
06-26-2013, 11:44 PM
What the heck do people expect? Ron Paul went on Glenn Beck. Doesn't it just seem silly to find all these dumb excuses to hate Rand?

Rand's gotta appeal to the masses, like it or not. If he sticks with our base he'll get just a small fraction of voters so he has to reach out. I used to make comments like these myself but I'm realizing that it's time for us to get smarter.

kcchiefs6465
06-27-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm sorry, but your post was just a little... incoherent. Do you have a translation?
Hardly incoherent but I'll try to break it down for you.

Glenn Beck is a clown. Mockingly saying "Allende was democracy" (mockingly joking as if the CIA didn't back the overthrow of the Chilean President in 1973) Mocking the idea that we have been meddling in Iran for 60+ years. Mocking the concept of blowback and calling anyone who mentioned it (including Ron Paul) a radical or terrorist sympathizer.

He then claimed Dr. Paul's foreign policy plans as his own practically verbatim.

He torpedoed Debra Medina's run for governor of Texas.

He put Vicks vapor rub around his eyes to fake cry. He had a sad cue card melodramatic play by play about his voice being "temporarily paralyzed." (insulting to Amanda Todd, who used that same method in her video before she committed suicide) He is a snake. A media whore. The very fact he is mentioned here so much is annoying.

The rest is pretty much a given.

100-0 Senators. God forbid one doesn't weep at the Western Wall or that one would get a A- report card from AIPAC.

It was actually a rather simple post. I mean sometimes I speak in a way that may be misunderstood or misconstrued but that one seems rather given. I'm not sure how much you have been following Beck's antics so maybe that was where the confusion came from.

WD-NY
06-27-2013, 01:06 AM
I knew as soon as I heard Rand say this that it was going to make headlines with the progressives. He was musing academically about the extent of defined marriages per the state, but his political opponents will use intellectual dishonesty and contextual obfuscation as weapons. Rand would do well to stop walking into these situations. He could have simply played off of Beck's polygamy example and avoided this. The polygamy example was just fine.

Sigh... of all the politicians on the right to /attack/smear/#shame over their response to the DOMA ruling (and gay marriage in general), team Maddow goes after Rand?? Really?... I mean really??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1RRa2tYb-5c/UToD7EN68CI/AAAAAAAAbpk/RcpYfwnrmeU/s1600/really-seth-and-amy.jpeg

Not only is Rand one of the few conservative voices making the case for a.) why striking down DOMA was *good* for conservatives and b.) why a more federalist approach to gay marriage and other social/wedge issues is the best and most conservative way forward for tea partiers & socialcons, he's also the *only* person within the anti-DOMA GOP with the ability/capacity to change minds at scale (re: nation-wide) by persuading the grassroots to support & promote a more open/libertarian position.

That said, the comments on the post aren't entirely anti-Rand... so perhaps some progressives are beginning to see through the efforts of partisan hacks like Maddow and the author of this post, @stevebenen (https://twitter.com/stevebenen), to delegitimize Rand despite his position on DOMA, SOPA, PIPA, FISA, Snowden, civil liberties, drugs, drones and war.

The DOMA discussion begins at 1:20 of the interview. Here's the part the Maddow blogger left out...

I think the constitution says on marriage, nothing... it says, essentially, the 9th and 10th amendment, leave it to the states. Our founding fathers never conceived of marriage being anywhere distant in Washington and I would tell people who are for traditional marriage, the battle is going to be lost on the Federal level, concentrate on your state.

anaconda
06-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Sigh... of all the politicians on the right to /attack/smear/#shame over their response to the DOMA ruling (and gay marriage in general), team Maddow goes after Rand?? Really?... I mean really??

Two reasons for sure: 1) Rand is a dangerous 2) Rand is taking ownership of "progressive" issues one-by-one (civil liberties, anti-war) and they resent it.

July
06-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Sigh... of all the politicians on the right to /attack/smear/#shame over their response to the DOMA ruling (and gay marriage in general), team Maddow goes after Rand?? Really?...

Actually, some progressive activists have already demonstrated against the idea of marrying corporations, as a form of protest against the concept of corporate personhood, and have actually gone as far as to hold wedding ceremonies and having marriage licenses issued, to make a point. So I'd say it's not even just a swipe at Rand and conservatives...but certainly another example of intellectual dishonesty from Maddow.

LibertyEagle
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
You know what, FUCK the "conservative" message. Most weren't even born yet the last time your party was "conservatives." My history doesn't even go back so far.

Give Glenn Beck ANOTHER interview, Hannity too? Disgusting. The same men who sold his father for a new suit and he's on doing WHAT?? Oh, "driving conservative masses." Do you happen to have the number to call in?

He is speaking to their audiences. It's not about Hannity or Beck. Seriously. You must know that. Sheesh.

PaulConventionWV
06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
So I imagine Rand's voice giving out and sounding like sandpaper in certain speeches when he's continually traveling? GTFO.

You probably over-accentuated it in your mind. It's no different than someone coming on here every time Ron made a speech and telling us in their infinite wisdom that, "He looks tired."

klamath
06-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Have you at all been paying attention to his Schedule?? It is no hit on him at all. It is a schedule that would tire ANYBODY.

jkr
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
bump 4 L8R