PDA

View Full Version : Obama tweets: #StandWithWendy

Warlord
06-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Lame rip off of #StandWithRand, Mr. President (or his highly paid staff)

http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=44

jtstellar
06-26-2013, 07:15 AM
clinton supporter of 2016: you will no longer have guaranteed reassurance to due process and trial by jury,

all your records will no longer be private and you will be subject to prosecutions any moment should you cross any government official, but you do now gain the right to have an abortion funded by other taxpayers if you were too stupid to use birth control

JCDenton0451
06-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah, that's a blatant ripoff.

Kords21
06-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

James Madison
06-26-2013, 12:01 PM
So, I'm guessing we can safely infer from this that Obama supports abortion past 20 weeks?

Keith and stuff
06-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Yup. That is smart politics.

Keith and stuff
06-26-2013, 12:06 PM
So, I'm guessing we can safely infer from this that Obama supports abortion past 20 weeks?
I'd think that what, 70% of Americans support that? Maybe I'm underestimating. Surely Obama, based on his other views, would likely support that.

Warlord
06-26-2013, 12:07 PM

He supports it up to 3 years old and no doubt with a special 80 year pause (euthanasia)

jmdrake
06-26-2013, 12:13 PM
I'd think that what, 70% of Americans support that? Maybe I'm underestimating. Surely Obama, based on his other views, would likely support that.

Ummm...NOT TRUE! See: http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressional-connection/coverage/americans-narrowly-support-20-week-abortion-ban-20130626

Most Americans support bans on late term abortions. The dems are digging their own grave here.

Keith and stuff
06-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Ummm...NOT TRUE! See: http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressional-connection/coverage/americans-narrowly-support-20-week-abortion-ban-20130626

Most Americans support bans on late term abortions. The dems are digging their own grave here.

+Rep

Great point. You are 1/2 right and I'm all wrong. You are only half right because they aren't late term abortions. If people want to use such words, these would be early, mid and late term abortions.

Sometimes I get confused because while almost everyone is in favor of allowing legal abortions where I live, much of the country is very different, even if it is less Republican.

JCDenton0451
06-26-2013, 12:42 PM
The polls on abortion are all over the place. What we do know is that 59% of voters in the November election answered that abortion should be legal in all or most cases. In some swing states this percentage went up even higher. This is what the actual electorate looked like in 2012, not somebody's projections.

JCDenton0451
06-26-2013, 12:49 PM

This is like 90% of Americans supporting background checks. A meaningless factoid, which tells us nothing about how the people are actually going to vote.

Planned Parenthood is a major political and lobbying force, stronger than all SoCon organisations taken together, and probably as powerful as the NRA.

jmdrake
06-26-2013, 12:53 PM
The polls on abortion are all over the place. What we do know is that 59% of voters in the November election answered that abortion should be legal in all or most cases. In some swing states this percentage went up even higher. This is what the actual electorate looked like in 2012, not somebody's projections.

Link to your poll? I'm betting that it didn't say "Abortions after week X" whatever "week X" is.

jmdrake
06-26-2013, 12:54 PM
This is like 90% of Americans supporting background checks. A meaningless factoid, which tells us nothing about how the people are actually going to vote.

Planned Parenthood is a major political and lobbying force, stronger than all SoCon organisations taken together, and probably as powerful as the NRA.

Planned Parenthood isn't a major player in Texas and all politics are local. There's no way in hell Texas is turning "blue" over this.

Edit: And it's funny how you don't think abortion polls are "meaningless factoids" when they agree with you. ;)

Keith and stuff
06-26-2013, 01:07 PM

It was 72% where I live. It was the highest of the 14 states surveyed. http://miscellanyblue.com/post/35727836608

Illegal in all cases 7%

People are very socially liberal and very fiscally conservative where I live. That's why pro-choice Republicans or anti-sales tax (or anti-sales and anti-income tax) Democrats almost always win the higher offices. Anti-abortion or pro-sales tax Democrats are just wasting their time in running for higher office in NH. The only 1 to win in many years is former Republican Congressman Frank Guinta.

Though, in all fairness, 4%-8% of the voters were from out of state and shouldn't have voted in NH, IMO, so the numbers were a little off from what the voters of NH really think. But these out of staters were lazy and knew that NH was important, unlike their own state of MA/CT/NY/VT/ME/CA/NJ...

Cheimei
06-26-2013, 01:14 PM

Very true. This is good, this just shows Rand is having an influence.

Christian Liberty
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM
@Keith and Stuff- Why do you think that is, considering that the liberty movement is so split on the issue?

Why does your state go blue so often?

supermario21
06-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Here's the Texas 20 week abortion poll..strong support for a ban.

http://laits.utexas.edu/txp_media/html/poll/features/201306_abortion_20weeks/slide1.html

I<3Liberty
06-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm almost positive it was one of his staff.

He's changed his mind so much on many things (remember when he was anti same sex marriage?) He flip flops to agree with whatever he feels the general consensus wants him to.

With that, I feel like too many people just bicker and fight the opposing side like two toddlers over a toy. I don't agree with abortion, but I totally support Wendy's concern for a women's choice. Abortion and legislation regarding it isn't the answer -- rather, science beholds solutions to bridge the moral gap between women's rights and those of the unborn. 100% contraceptives (which will likely make it to market in the US sometime during 2014) will be a win/win. Women will have a choice and abortion rates will plummet.