PDA

View Full Version : Obama: No time for 'flat-earth society' on climate change

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Obama: No time for 'flat-earth society' on climate change

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/25/19135726-obama-no-time-for-flat-earth-society-on-climate-change?lite

President Barack Obama laid out a far-reaching set of proposals meant to address the driving causes of climate change, headlined by a new directive to begin limiting carbon emissions for new and existing power plants and the announcement of high environmental standards for the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline to be met before his administration signs off on the project.

The president outlined a series of climate proposals he intended to advance through executive action, sidestepping a Congress mired in gridlock in its handling of most matters, let alone politically touchy energy and climate issues.

(Yay, rule by executive fiat. - AF)

“The question is not whether we need to act. The overwhelming judgment of science, of chemistry and physics and millions of measurements, has put all that to rest,” Obama said in a major policy address at Georgetown University. “So the question now is whether we will have the courage to act before it's too late.”

While delivering a speech on climate change, President Obama tells the audience that how we choose to respond to climate change will have a profound effect on the world we leave to our children and grandchildren.

(How about starting by not leaving them a fascist prison planet of a world? - AF)

He later added, addressing those who deny climate change science: “We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat-earth society.”

AuH20
06-25-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm glad that I'd don't have to be troubled by such complex matters, and that such a luminary like Barack Obama can arrive at the best decision for my future.

PaulConventionWV
06-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I can't wait until I'm old when everyone has to concede that nothing has happened and I get to say "I told you so." But... how long will it be?

Sola_Fide
06-25-2013, 10:49 PM
I can't wait until I'm old when everyone has to concede that nothing has happened and I get to say "I told you so." But... how long will it be?

Sooner than anyone thinks. When things start to collapse financially, this is when the controls will tighten.

TheTexan
06-25-2013, 10:54 PM

They'll just say nothing happened, because their climate change laws/etc worked, and that we need more, so it can continue to do nothing

NewRightLibertarian
06-25-2013, 11:04 PM
They'll just say nothing happened, because their climate change laws/etc worked, and that we need more, so it can continue to do nothing

Bingo. But it's a good thing that very few people around America believe in that bullshit

Occam's Banana
06-25-2013, 11:18 PM
We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat-earth society.

Yeah! We're too busy trying to get Obamacare up and running in all 57 states ...

phill4paul
06-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Done.

QuickZ06
06-25-2013, 11:38 PM
0.6% run for the hills people, it is over our planet is done :rolleyes:

fr33
06-26-2013, 12:09 AM
It takes a really conceited asshole to think his exhausts can cause climate change.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2013, 12:19 AM
It takes a really conceited asshole to think his exhausts can cause climate change.
And politics is full of them! ;) :D

Working Poor
06-26-2013, 03:40 AM
They have been able to scientifically prove that we have not yet given all our money and acessets to the elite yet. Watch out they have wmds. Flat earth society indeed this is urgent the elite are pitching a fit.

awake
06-26-2013, 05:29 AM
Certain oil industry interests are using the "climate crisis" to attack other oil interests - competition. Big oil money is behind the whole sham for sake of continued legislative cartel building and maintenance. And as always, there is the Democratic and Republican factions of the Climate "movement" which is why you have contradictory elements on how to "save the earth" properly.

The carbon cap and tax scams are elaborate protectionist measures that benefit certain energy industries while hurting others. The XL pipline is such a political fiasco where Canadian oil is attacked as "dirty" and needs to be "kept in the ground". The truth is US and international oil interests would like to get the Canadian oil market safely under cartel control. All better to keep oil prices from ever benefiting the consumer. Big oil and big government screwing every consumer for the sake of fascism.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-26-2013, 05:34 AM
everyone ignores the holes in the ozone, if someone is standing in the sun where there's a big gap in the ozone, they can actually die.

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Quite the hypocrite, when you see this clown jet setting around the world involving dozens of aircraft, 100s of personnel, vehicle, refueling tankers, vacations with the same, on & on. If this clown wants to push his TAX/FEE distraction/issue, maybe he should start with himself.

Hey Obama, you want to stop pollution and usage of natural resources? Start by closing down government departments and buildings.

Anything to take the Zombies off the focus of the government illegally spying on everyone and violating the US Constitution

Philhelm
06-26-2013, 06:55 AM

The only problem is that the climate does indeed change, so any change, regardless of the natural cause, will be used as "evidence."

Philhelm
06-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Quite the hypocrite, when you see this clown jet setting around the world involving dozens of aircraft, 100s of personnel, vehicle, refueling tankers, vacations with the same, on & on.

He's on a mission from God.

KEEF
06-26-2013, 07:03 AM
The only problem is that the climate does indeed change, so any change, regardless of the natural cause, will be used as "evidence."

Yeah, look at the Permian Extinction... it is in fact one of the biggest extinctions in the 4.6 billion year history of earth, and was caused by extreme climate change...gues what, humans weren't around then.

I am not advocating that everyone should go out now and piss in every creek and run every motor possible just because. You can still be good stewards to the environment, but environmental stewardship should never be legislated.

Ron Paul had a good point on this, if your pollution is effecting my property and well being, then that is what civil courts are for.

moostraks
06-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Oh thank you for taking care of us flat earthers who are too stupid to know what is right for society. That is why you are elected, because you are so smart. Not because the system is corrupt and you pander to special interests.

Occam's Banana
06-26-2013, 04:54 PM

That is indeed the problem. The solution is to send all the anti-climate-changers to a place with no climate (and hence, no climate change).

I would like to suggest the Moon. Or better yet, Pluto ...

QuickZ06
06-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Government = biggest polluter.