PDA

View Full Version : CA-Trespassing cop shoots 13 year old Cocker Spaniel for barking at him.

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Concord: Owners of cocker spaniel shot by police seek apology

By Rick Hurd, Contra Costa Times
mercurynews.com
Posted: 06/24/2013 05:05:46 PM PDT
June 25, 2013 1:35 AM GMTUpdated: 06/24/2013 06:35:00 PM PDT

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23530614/concord-owners-cocker-spaniel-shot-by-police-seek

CONCORD -- Two Concord roommates are seeking an explanation as to why a police officer shot their aging cocker spaniel during a neighborhood search for a suspicious person last week.

Zach Grimm and Dave Biller say Kirby, a 13-year-old cocker spaniel, is recovering from a gunshot wound to the shoulder after barking at an officer in the backyard of their home in the 2000 block of Weaver Court on June 17.

But a week after the incident, the two say they have received no explanation from police about why officers were in their yard. Worse, they said, they have not received an apology from the department.

"It's obviously pretty upsetting," said Grimm, 29, who said the dog has been in his family for about 10 years. "The officer who shot at him, after it was over he just sort of had this goofy look on his face, almost like a smirk, and then he left. No explanation, no apology or anything."

Police were in the area around 4:30 p.m. after reports that a person posing as a door-to-door salesman was looking into backyards, according to Concord police Lt. Bill Roche said. In the course of the search, officers entered the backyard of the residence and were confronted by the 29-pound, reddish-brown dog.

Accounts of what happened next vary. Grimm and Biller say that Kirby simply barked at the officer "like any dog protecting its home," Grimm said. Concord police contend that the dog was aggressive enough that the officer perceived a threat and fired once only after a warning was given.

Police would not name the officer who shot the dog but did say that he has previous experience with the city's animal control unit.

"The officer determined that the dog was posing enough of a threat that he fired a single round to stop the dog," Roche said.

The department had no other comment. Police did not find the suspicious person.

Grimm and Biller said Kirby has been recovering steadily since the incident. The bullet fragmented as it entered the dog's body and a piece of it remains lodged by the spine, Biller said.

"But the wounds are healing, so we think he's going to make it," Biller said.

"I can't believe he's alive, to be honest with you," Grimm said. "I think he's trying to figure out what happened to him. He was just doing his thing, protecting his home."

tod evans
06-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Officer safety..:mad:

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Officer safety..:mad:

Get a rope.

tod evans
06-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Get a rope.

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

helmuth_hubener
06-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Seeking an apology seems like pretty light sauce. But, what can you do?

Maybe they'll get an apology. Won't that be nice.

kathy88
06-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Cockers can be mean little suckers...

aGameOfThrones
06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
We need more George Hitcho Jrs, but then 12 assholes will put you in jail.

Edit: I love police, no harm should come to them even when doing horrible shit.

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:32 PM

Carl Dregas?

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Roger Pions?

aGameOfThrones
06-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Carl Dregas?

I don't want to be called a "cop hater".

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:36 PM

From the persecutor of that trial:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2012/05/george_hitcho_jr_sentenced_to.html

Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli praised the jury for its decision, saying the sentence shows society will not tolerate criminals targeting law enforcement officers. At trial, he repeatedly called police officers the barrier between order and chaos and said anyone who harms them must be punished.

"I think the jury's verdict sends a high affirmation that police officers are off limits," he said.

Killing Mundanes and their pets?

"Meh"...

kcchiefs6465
06-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Frank Crowley (http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/francis_crowley/1.html)

Probably get a visit for that name. As a disclaimer, I of course advocate no violence towards law enforcement officers. I wish to seek peace through active peaceful resistance and awareness.

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't want to be called a "cop hater".

Eh, don't worry about it...in fact, it's been a little while since I've been called a "do nothing bloward", a "cop bashing, ineffective asshole" who posts nothing but "Dead Dog Daily" stories.

Maybe they are in retreat.

kcchiefs6465
06-25-2013, 08:40 PM
//

bolil
06-25-2013, 08:46 PM
A cocker spaneil a threat? This guy has a gun and he thinks a little dog is a threat?! Bad day for the news.

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:48 PM

Wonder if that asshole cop that shot Patricia Cook will get the death penalty?

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Frank Crowley

Probably get a visit for that name. As a disclaimer, I of course advocate no violence towards law enforcement officers. I wish to seek peace through active peaceful resistance and awareness.

The banging on the door is coming for all of us, brother.

Embrace the horror.

aGameOfThrones
06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Wonder if that asshole cop that shot Patricia Cook will get the death penalty?

Why? He just shot a lesser.

BTW, I added an NSA note to my OP regarding George Hitcho.

Anti Federalist
06-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Why? He just shot a lesser.

BTW, I added an NSA note to my OP regarding George Hitcho.

Not a bad idea:

Fuck you, you fucking fucks.

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Concord police contend that the dog was aggressive enough that the officer perceived a threat and fired once only after a warning was given.

What warning was that? "Hands on top of your head"? Sit? Don't bark? Damn dog was in contempt of cop. He didn't respect his authoritay!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/leeandkrista/Misc/respect_my_authority.jpg

kcchiefs6465
06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
What warning was that? "Hands on top of your head"? Sit? Don't bark? Damn dog was in contempt of cop. He didn't respect his authoritay!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/leeandkrista/Misc/respect_my_authority.jpg
"Poor people tend to live in clusters"
"But you get by, one day at a time"

lmao. Their early episodes were the funniest.