PDA

View Full Version : How Edward Snowden managed to outfox everyone - Rebellion Blog

Origanalist
06-25-2013, 04:22 PM
The Los Angeles Times is right - the longer Edward Snowden is free, the "more bumbling" the U.S. government looks. And the larger impact of this is just now beginning to be appreciated:

I hate to say this. Well, maybe I don’t.
It appears that Edward Snowden, the 30-year-old computer analyst hiding in broad daylight, has managed not only to throw a wrench into U.S. foreign policy, but to outfox the very national security apparatus whose overreach he warned against.
It’s pretty astonishing that our government can figure out a way to vacuum up our every phone call, email and text message, but can’t get its hands on Snowden.Snowden's flea-powered crusade has exposed government spying and deception, as well as revealing just how inept our rulers really are, but has also twisted U.S. officials in knots as they try unsuccessfully to get foreign governments to play ball. Incompetence at that many levels at the same time cannot remain unnoticed. This is a big hit against the DC Empire. Big.

Military analyst William Lind argues that in the Age of the Internet, a huge military and administrative machinery is a liability. Real power belongs to those organizations that are small, smart, and nimble. By exposing DC's inability to catch one whistleblower, Ed Snowden has demonstrated to the world that the Empire is an oversized and lumbering dinosaur.
Tick, tock...

http://lsrebellion.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-edward-snowden-managed-to-outfox.html

angelatc
06-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I agree, but it's only a matter of time.

ANd remember, when they finally caught Bin Laden, the public was impressed with the intelligence that brought the capture, not shocked at how long it took. "Merica, fuck yeah.

bolil
06-25-2013, 05:34 PM
If they wanted him, they would go in get him. Perhaps they have a healthy fear of the Russian military, perhaps they don't want to capture him and unleash god knows what at home. Who knows... All I know is "Merica! Mother fuckers!" Yeah, fuck it who cares lets go bomb some brown people!

Origanalist
06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
If they wanted him, they would go in get him. Perhaps they have a healthy fear of the Russian military, perhaps they don't want to capture him and unleash god knows what at home. Who knows... All I know is "Merica! Mother fuckers!" Yeah, fuck it who cares lets go bomb some brown people!

I don't think running a opp in the Moscow airport is something they are going to attempt. Moscow isn't Bagdad. And they are paying attention.

tod evans
06-25-2013, 06:14 PM
How does a mere peon go about holding Washingtons feet to the proverbial fire?

You know there have been numerous meetings and countless scenarios discussed, damage control implemented and some "real" plan of action started..

I think us peons, who are footing the bill for these exercises, are entitled to know what "our betters" have planned..

Origanalist
06-25-2013, 06:35 PM
How does a mere peon go about holding Washingtons feet to the proverbial fire?

You know there have been numerous meetings and countless scenarios discussed, damage control implemented and some "real" plan of action started..

I think us peons, who are footing the bill for these exercises, are entitled to know what "our betters" have planned..

You just earned yourself super secret double probation.