PDA

View Full Version : Greenwald: More "significant" revelations coming

Warlord
06-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who broke the news about the National Security Agency's surveillance program, says that he has yet to publish most of the revelations contained in leaked documents provided by former security contractor Edward Snowden.

"The majority of revelations that are significant have yet to be made," Greenwald told the Wall St Journal in an article published on Tuesday.

Greenwald said he is currently working on stories based on leaked documents provided by Snowden, who took responsibility for leaking classified documents to the Guardian and The Washington Post earlier this month.

Asked about the nature of the forthcoming revelations, Greenwald told POLITICO he could not preview any of his reporting before it was ready.

Elias Graves
06-25-2013, 12:31 PM
What's he waiting for dammit?

Working Poor
06-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I wonder if these coming revelations will be earth shattering. Whatever it is I doubt I will be very surprized.

Occam's Banana
06-25-2013, 12:37 PM
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/JamariFoxLove/jon-stewart-popcorn11_zps3d9bd2cc.gif

angelatc
06-25-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm really afraid the revelations will meet the same response that the Manning leak revealed. Those papers were revealed horrible actions by our government, and almost nobody cared.

So far Greenwald's scoops seem to be getting more traction, but I'd be lying if I didn't think the bottom was going to fall out.

CaptUSA
06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
He's playing it smart. Each time they respond to his last information, he reveals more to show they were completely lying. (Plus, it has the added effect of making them afraid to say anything definitive since they don't know what else he may have...)

puppetmaster
06-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Is anyone paying attention any longer. Seems like they only talk about getting him not what he blew the whistle on.

JoshLowry
06-25-2013, 01:17 PM

jllundqu
06-25-2013, 01:25 PM
He better have a hundred thumbdrives hidden all over the globe with that data by now. Otherwise his office will accidentally catch fire or something...

I agree that he is letting the PTB hang themselves by denying any wrong doing and then BAM! he is going to hit them with more damning stuff.

Snowden/Greenwald are just holding a mirror up to the American People and their corrupt government... sad thing is so far most people like what they see.

Thor
06-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe this is the big earth shattering story Glenn Bleck hinted at and then forgot about...

ClydeCoulter
06-25-2013, 01:31 PM

Snowden?

In the uniform, right?