PDA

View Full Version : John McCain Promises "Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall"

Lucille
06-25-2013, 10:17 AM
I find this sickening and tragic, but Boobus probably cheers. I don't even know what to say any more. I feel like I am in a constant state of high dudgeon, and it's exhausting.

John McCain Promises "Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall"
http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/25/john-mccain-promises-most-militarized-bo

Bear in mind as you read this: John McCain is trying to argue for the amendment.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday said that an amendment advanced by the Senate would leave the U.S. with the "most militarized border" since the fall of the Berlin Wall and pave the way for the passage of comprehensive immigration reform.

"The legislation concerning beefed up border security removes any validity to the argument that border security is not sufficient," McCain said of the amendment from Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and John Hoeven (R-N.D.) in an interview on CNN.

"I mean this is not only sufficient it is well over sufficient. We'll be the most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall. That's why I think this amendment was very important," he added.

fisharmor
06-25-2013, 10:21 AM
He... wants.... to turn America.... into cold war Berlin... literally....
It's hard to surprise me these days, but congratulations Sunshine John, you've done it today.

thoughtomator
06-25-2013, 10:22 AM
He's trolling us. He knows we know that the side of the Berlin Wall he wants us on is East, not West.

AuH20
06-25-2013, 10:25 AM
The man is a serial liar. The drugs and servants will flow. It's the American way.

PSYOP
06-25-2013, 10:28 AM
lol.

JCDenton0451
06-25-2013, 10:30 AM
What about those who cross the border legally, then overstay their visas? "Berlin Wall" is not designed to stop them.

AuH20
06-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Think about it for a second. You will never see a secure border in our lifetime. Number #1. The CIA and the investment firms/banks don't want the party to end in terms of the innumerable benefits they are afforded by the illegal drug trade. Number #2 Big Business is never going to kick it's illegal alien addiction. John is simply bloviating because word got out that the Corker amendment is merely an empty gesture in terms of border security.

ZENemy
06-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Im sure he will make good on this promise, little do the people know, this wall is to keep us IN.

ZENemy
06-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Think about it for a second. You will never see a secure border in our lifetime. Number #1. The CIA and the investment firms/banks don't want the party to end in terms of the innumerable benefits they are afforded by the illegal drug trade. Number #2 Big Business is never going to kick it's illegal alien addiction. John is simply bloviating because word got out that the Corker amendment is merely an empty gesture in terms of border security.

Nope, we will see a secure border, only when its time to keep us in, which is...kinda now.

Kotin
06-25-2013, 10:58 AM
LOL of course he says that like its a wonderful thing.. to him(a murderous fuck), it is.

AuH20
06-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Nope, we will see a secure border, only when its time to keep us in, which is...kinda now.

They have capital controls almost set in place as well as passport restrictions. They don't need a physical border.

jmdrake
06-25-2013, 11:02 AM
"The legislation concerning beefed up border security removes any validity to the argument that border security is not sufficient," McCain said of the amendment from Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and John Hoeven (R-N.D.) in an interview on CNN.

Okay, is it just me, or are my two senators, Corker and Alexander of TN, not two of the worst most evil numnuts on capital hill?

Kotin
06-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Okay, is it just me, or are my two senators, Corker and Alexander of TN, not two of the worst most evil numnuts on capital hill?

oh they are... surprising as I always considered TN a pretty conservative state but I guess the senate has been out of the hands of the states for quite a while now

HOLLYWOOD
06-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Just fly,, train, or boat on into the US... then Stay... it's that simply.

If you're lucky and a hot lookin chick, marry mom's son living the basement, have anchor baby and you're all set. Green Card and Naturalization to follow.

BTW.. one of the biggest scams going on inside the US are these naturalize citizens/ethnic Americans in their tight little groups, looking out for and now forming "Amnesty Organizations" to help with aliens staying in the US. Mexicans, Central Americans, East Indians, Pakistanis, Russians, Afghanis, whatever, etc etc, it's a huge business. They have all the teams(websites/radio stations/media ads) and legal assistance you need to setup/startup for a permanent stay... of course under the duress of origin persecutions.

Then it's onto public assistance, welfare state, plus many pool together, then team up in the same locations, bank money and goods together. America used to be about individualism and freedom, now it's collectivism and control.

Whatever rules/law, walls, guns, guards, drones... won't stop the influx until the Welfare State is addressed.

Seraphim
06-25-2013, 11:11 AM
His selling point is a similarity to the Berlin Wall???!?!?!??!?!?!

amy31416
06-25-2013, 11:11 AM
That old fart needs a good, swift kick in the pants, he's probably too old to comprehend much else.

Whenever someone says to "respect my elders" I always think of people like him and Pelosi.

oyarde
06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Okay, is it just me, or are my two senators, Corker and Alexander of TN, not two of the worst most evil numnuts on capital hill? They are clearly both nuts.You are correct.

06-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Well if given the choice I prefer our military on our border rather than Iraq's, Syria's or Afghanistan's.

Scrapmo
06-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Yay? What the hell is wrong with Arizonians to keep electing this guy. Its like he is beta-testing for ultimate tyranny. Does he wake up every morning and says "lets see what terrible thing I can say today and still get re-elected." Even he has to be surprised at this point.

Occam's Banana
06-25-2013, 11:47 AM
“The people that want big fences and guns, sure, we could secure the border. A barbed wire fence with machine guns, that would do the trick. I don’t believe that is what America is all about. Every time you think about this toughness on the border [...] it’s a penalty against the American people too. I think this fence business is designed and may well be used against us and keep us in. In economic turmoil, the people want to leave with their capital and there’s capital controls and there’s people controls. Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.”

Who said this? You get one guess. (If you need more than one, you really don't belong here ...)

Anti Federalist
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm sure you will, you fascist asshole.

McCain: We’ll make border with Mexico look like ‘the Berlin Wall’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/25/mccain-well-make-border-with-mexico-look-like-the-berlin-wall/

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said Tuesday that the Senate should include an amendment for increased border security in its new bipartisan immigration reform bill. In video featured by Talking Points Memo, McCain said that the amendment, proposed by Sens. Bob Corker (R-TN) and John Hoeven (R-ND) would make the border between Mexico and the U.S. into “most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall.”

McCain said of the amendment, which passed Monday, to CNN, “I think that, first of all, the legislation concerning beefed up border security removes any validity to the argument that border security is not sufficient. I mean, this is not only sufficient, it is well over sufficient. We’ll be the most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall so that’s why I think this amendment was very important.”

Anti Federalist
06-26-2013, 02:04 PM
And they laughed at Jesse and Ron when they said it would be used to keep us in...

They're not laughing anymore.

And the walls came down...

Keith and stuff
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Don't want to let Al-Qaeda into the US via Mexico! After all, Sen. McCain and Pre. Obama are working their hardest to arm as many Al-Qaeda linked rebels in Syria as possible. It is only a matter of time before Al-Qaeda uses the 100s of millions of US government funding to murder innocent Americas in America.

pcosmar
06-26-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jANH7DESc

shane77m
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
We need a wall on the border to Canada. I am tired of those Canadians sneaking into here and bringing their hockey and maple syrup with them.

Carlybee
06-26-2013, 02:11 PM
We need a wall on the border to Canada. I am tired of those Canadians sneaking into here and bringing their hockey and maple syrup with them.

No kidding...one snuck in and married me...where was the fence?

Keith and stuff
06-26-2013, 02:14 PM

We have a ton of them in New Hampshire. Even the Interstate signs are in English and French. It isn't right, I tell you! In fact, the main Porcfest food vendor had 2 Canadians working for them. Heck, went on a hike at Porcfest and there was a dang Canadian on the hike! Don't they have mountains in Canada?!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7DSR24lG0SoKQnYy9FeWkhGDcH8fZ5 W-HidCQF5Br28SUCxFnhg

shane77m
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
We have a ton of them in New Hampshire. Even the Interstate signs are in English and French. It isn't right, I tell you! In fact, the main vendor had 2 Canadians working for them. Heck, went on a hike at Porcfest and there was a dang Canadian on the hike! Don't they have mountains in Canada?!!!

That is funny to me about the English and French. Around here it is English and Spanish. Trying to navigate the ATM at my bank yesterday enraged me slightly when I was trying to decipher the poor screen formatting that was interlaced with English and Spanish directions.

I can just picture McCain as he said that. I am sure he had a smug look on his face.

Lucille
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419298-John-McCain-Promises-quot-Most-Militarized-Border-Since-the-Fall-of-the-Berlin-Wall-quot

But it's so appalling, it deserves a second thread.

Lucille
06-26-2013, 02:22 PM
“The people that want big fences and guns, sure, we could secure the border. A barbed wire fence with machine guns, that would do the trick. I don’t believe that is what America is all about. Every time you think about this toughness on the border [...] it’s a penalty against the American people too. I think this fence business is designed and may well be used against us and keep us in. In economic turmoil, the people want to leave with their capital and there’s capital controls and there’s people controls. Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.”

Who said this? You get one guess. (If you need more than one, you really don't belong here ...)

^ Ron Paul!

(ETA what I was responding to, and thanks for the heads-up OB, but I guess a Ron Paul! coming out of nowhere is always good too. ;))

Carlybee
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
We have a neighborhood with street signs in Chinese

RickyJ
06-26-2013, 02:31 PM

It is not native Canadians that are sneaking in, it is people that immigrate to Canada and then cross the wide open US-Canadian border. Those people could be anybody since Canada has a very liberal immigration policy.

Carlybee
06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Drones for everybody!

shane77m
06-26-2013, 02:34 PM
It is not native Canadians that are sneaking in, it is people that immigrate to Canada and then cross the wide open US-Canadian border. Those people could be anybody since Canada has a very liberal immigration policy.

In seriousness, one thing I don't hear a lot of talk about is securing the border between the US and Canada. This leads me to believe that a lot if not all of the talk about the Mexican boarder is simply political grandstanding to feed off of the prejudices of 'Muricans.

RickyJ
06-26-2013, 02:35 PM
McCain should know the Berlin Wall was built to keep people in, not to keep others out. McCain either isn't that bright or is inadvertently revealing future plans of the out of control Federal government.

06-26-2013, 02:36 PM
We have road signs with miles and kilometers.

Carlybee
06-26-2013, 02:38 PM
McCain has dementia

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2013, 02:53 PM
No kidding...one snuck in and married me...where was the fence?
SRSLY! I know one who snuck in and became a print design prof at Phoenix College. :eek:

WM_in_MO
06-26-2013, 02:54 PM
McCain has dementia
We should send him to another dimension

Uriel999
06-26-2013, 02:56 PM
tear down this wall!

Christian Liberty
06-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Honestly, I can't imagine them really trying to force us to stay in. There aren't enough people who want to leave.

You know what they say about the grass always being greener. I don't know enough about any other country to know if there's any that is truly less bad (This awkward phrasing was chosen deliberately) than ours.

What I do know is that most people here still do think we are the "Land of the free" and caging us in (How would this work with airplanes anyway?) would shatter that belief.

I don't see the tactical benefit for the regime at this point.

Could it happen? In the long run, sure, but I don't see it. I think we're more likely to end up with One World Government. But I don't see why they'd lock us in now. There aren't enough people who have any semblance of understanding. Heck, if there were, critical mass would have been reached long ago and they'd be powerless with or without their stupid wall.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of standing armies, but if they're going to have one, it should be defending our border, not anyone else's. I'm not suggesting they should shoot to stop immigrants, but they should be on our border and not defending the Syrian border or who knows what else.

anaconda
06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Hey McCain: I want my tax money back that we spent bailing out your savings & loan buddies. Until then we have plenty of "secure" places for John McCain.

CaptUSA
06-26-2013, 03:19 PM
It's funny how much they're willing to spend on this. It almost might make someone think that the politicians cheering this thing on have friends with financial stakes in your money.

Lesseee... What can we scare people with that'll make them want to give their grandchildrens' wealth to my friends... Terrorism? Kinda a small problem, but it'll do the trick. Health Care? Sure why not?! Border fence? Nah, they won't be that dumb. Wanna bet?

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2013, 03:52 PM
I see this like Jesse Ventura says, with the current POLICE/SECURITY STATE growing like on super-steroids, Constitutional rights disappearing, etc... Building this wall and the 10,000s in security/surveillance, can be used to keep Americans inside. This country is turning into an open air prison and they appear to be on the path to creating a prison planet(Snowden eg), wars, CIA inflitrated everywhere, with a corrupt JUST-US system.

The question... who's controlling these whores in Congress to take our money by force and then using it against US by imprisoning the planet with wars and control.

QuickZ06
06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Cubans travel 90 miles in shacks and God knows what else across the Gulf to the Florida Keys. And they think a wall is going to stop Hispanics from getting over. Let me guess it is going to be built by Hispanics as well, smart.

Southron
06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
John McCain has no intention of securing the border. No fence will be built. Napolitano can veto it any portion of it. Border patrol don't have to be in place until 2021, if ever at all. He will say anything to pass a bill.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
John McCain has no intention of securing the border. No fence will be built. Napolitano can veto it any portion of it. Border patrol don't have to be in place until 2021, if ever at all. He will say anything to pass a bill.
Napolitano isn't governor anymore (Brewer is now), and I'm pretty sure Nappy doesn't have veto power as DHS secretary(correct me if I'm wrong).

CaptUSA
06-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Anytime Congress wants to pass a huge bill with lots of spending in it, you need to check who stands to profit. These guys buy votes for bad bills by putting things in there which will enrichen the "special" constituents of the fence-sitters (pun intended).

Southron
06-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Napolitano isn't governor anymore (Brewer is now), and I'm pretty sure Nappy doesn't have veto power as DHS secretary(correct me if I'm wrong).

This is from the bill.

"Notwithstanding paragraph (1), nothing in this subsection shall require the Secretary to install fencing, or infrastructure that directly results from the installation of such fencing, in a particular location along the Southern border, if the Secretary determines that the use or placement of such resources is not the most appropriate means to achieve and maintain effective control over the Southern border at such location."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/22/Another-loophole-in-new-amnesty-bill-Big-Sis-can-decide-to-not-build-border-fence

Henry Rogue
06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
What do they calls this now? The war on aliens? The war on immigrants? Boarder wars? In the future it will be the "war on defection".

LibertyEagle
06-26-2013, 06:01 PM
In seriousness, one thing I don't hear a lot of talk about is securing the border between the US and Canada. This leads me to believe that a lot if not all of the talk about the Mexican boarder is simply political grandstanding to feed off of the prejudices of 'Muricans.

One difference is that I don't believe the Canadian government tells their citizenry how to cross the border illegally and how to get on the dole in America as soon as they arrive. The Mexican government DOES.

Occam's Banana
06-26-2013, 06:04 PM
[T]hey think a wall is going to stop Hispanics from getting over. Let me guess it is going to be built by Hispanics as well, smart.

Penn & Teller did an episode of Bullshit! on illegal immigration. The hired some Mexican illegals to build a wall.

Then they conducted a Bullshit! experiment ...

They divided the Mexican illegals into teams and had a contest to see which team could most quickly get over, under or through the wall they had all just built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOjpq55btJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOjpq55btJA

(NOTE: I am very dissapoint. Penn & Nick Gillespie are apparently using government-issued unemployment stats to defend their position ...)

squarepusher
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
what an idiot!

Carlybee
06-26-2013, 06:28 PM
One difference is that I don't believe the Canadian government tells their citizenry how to cross the border illegally and how to get on the dole in America as soon as they arrive. The Mexican government DOES.

Nope. My Canuckian husband immigrated legally, spent a lot of money, jumped through a bunch of hoops, and I had to sign documents in blood for the DHS. Once he got here he had to wait 6 months after we got married to get a work permit.

bolil
06-26-2013, 06:33 PM
A fence is one thing, but if they ever start rounding people up... well, a new thing entirely.

I get along better with immigrants than I do most 'natives', probably cause they are usually more kind and less concerned with appearances and such. Less shallow, that is the word.

The welfare argument is a fallacy, without the 'dole' that incentive would be gone and that is a thing that can be destroyed. Immigrants and their immigration... not so much.

Henry Rogue
06-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Building a big wall only treats the symptoms, It does not cure the disease. The diseases; drugs outlawed, intervention in the middle east and the complete welfare system (From food stamps to unemployment insurance to obamacare.That includes public schools, which is a form of welfare.) Fighting a boarder war will not end in victory and will cost a lot of money for no gain. EDIT: I almost forgot one , manipulated markets.

Fredom101
06-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Borders are bullshit.

jtstellar
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM
i just wish the combination of increased work visas + prohibiting new comers getting on welfare and voting would solve the undocumented immigration problem once and for all without need for a heavily militarized, cluster-outpost border.

quite frankly when discussing the use of a fence, without lots of extra bureaucratic spending and militarized personnel patrolling every mile of the built fence, i don't see how guaranteed security is possible. i think it's logical to assume any fence can be crossed with proper tool without additional deadly forces patrolling the area and intimidating potential offenders, and that quite frankly isn't a pleasing image.

i do think the prospect of mexico somehow being freer than america and drawing lots of reverse emigration is a load of b.s.. you really don't see the entirety of mexican armies moving to the northern borders on the request of united states leaders? whether a military leader or a president-turned-tyrant is in charge in the US at the time. and you don't think if US goes down, mexico will drastically worsen in tyranny as it loses its competitive neighbor as well? or to be precise, its competitor will turn into its biggest enabler, as US will even ask mexico to do its bidding in the event it becomes total tyranny. you seriously think fence is the only thing to worry about? to me it's rather just the thought of patrolling the fence with armed forces and potentially shooting to death families so desperate to cross the border they are willing to take a risk, it is that notion that is haunting to me, but less of that remote reverse-emigration possibility b.s. but ya, i suppose it's possible people would want to roam across the border to central america to escape in a doomsday scenario. i don't know how much a border would hamper that attempt in those regard. it would depend on the ability then to still patrol the borders i suppose. but either way even in that scenario, people's final destination will never be in mexico, to assume when united states radicalizes somehow mexico can become a credible alternative destination is laughable

bolil
06-26-2013, 11:37 PM
There is no problem here that liberty, that is to say free markets, cannot solve. THe rest is divisive bullshit, contrived to keep people bickering and not realizing the truth.

One man comes here, he has many needs. That is the truth. Every roofer needs a plumber, a grocer, a dentist, and a doctor.

QuickZ06
06-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Borders are bullshit.

My gangs territory is better than yours.

PaulConventionWV
06-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Is this for real? Does he even know what the Berlin Wall was for? Is this some kind of joke? It's just so ironic...

bolil
06-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Pffft, John "Turnt Out" McCain celebrates himself to much. Fuck him, rendered irrelevant by history despite his desperate attempts at hanging on. No grass on his grave will grow, to much piss will do that and I drink alot.

To the scions of this particular piece of shit, better put him in private property cause that I will respect.

really, that bullshit about his stay in HH... and Admiral son is a valuable prize, not one lightly let go. His story, his POW stay is bullshit. Fucking flyboy, my progenitors were on the ground and they think you are a pussy.

Think like the NVA, an Admirals son in a cage is worth one hundred no bodies. They did not offer to let him go, and he did not refuse to honor that offer what was never made. If he learned anything from Vietnam, NCO's I know personally didn't, he forgot fast as shit. Syrian kidnapping rebels. Fuck you john "turnt out" mccain.

AngryCanadian
06-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Is this for real? Does he even know what the Berlin Wall was for? Is this some kind of joke? It's just so ironic...

The same senator whom sneaked in Syria with the Terrorists and was in Syria for a week.

Mani
06-27-2013, 01:23 AM
This what America should look like to John McCain:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef01287566c1e8970c-600wi

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/-images/2010/08/20/83437/size0-army.mil-83437-2010-08-26-150812.jpg

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/berlin-guard.jpg

Land of the FREE!?

Freedom never looked so much more comfortable when you add some barbed wire and guard towers. I sure as hell feel safe!!! I'm sure the residents of East Berlin AGREED!

So we need a wall as good as Berlin's huh....

Take a look at these beautiful details of that wonderful construction:

DEATH STRIP:
http://99474483.nhd.weebly.com/living-with-the-wall.html

The Death Strip
Most people would be furious if they could not travel abroad let alone within their own city. That is what East Germans had to live with for more than 28 years. Some brave East Germans were courageous enough to test the fortifications and attempt to escape. Over 5,000 people were able to successfully, but unfortunately 245 died trying. Some of the many challenges the defectors faced were; The preliminary wall, electrified fences, anti car obstacles, mines, automatic guns, trip wire alarms, watch towers with spot lights, attack dog tracks, and the death strip. The death strip was a clearing with groomed sand so that guards can easily see defectors and can easily kill them. The last defense were beds of nails, trenches, 10 foot smooth concrete wall with a rounded edge which made it hard to climb.

http://99474483.nhd.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/2/3/16239038/5472694.jpg?912

Don't you feel safe now?

Oh wait...this is for immigration. Don't you feel happy, those mexicans working on your lawn making $3 an hour won't be around anymore, Ya, soo happy that problem is now solved. Freedom never looked so....FREE... Murika.

Police State looks pretty comfortable compared to what McCain is purposing. He's talking old school concentration camp shit. And this guy was a presidential Nominee? For REAL!?!

Feeding the Abscess
06-27-2013, 01:58 AM

That's precisely what it is.

QuickZ06
06-27-2013, 02:01 AM
This shit really needs to stop, well we all know that. I mean not one other Senator got up and said WTF are you even a US Senator for, really wish it would have happened but then again what's new.

pacelli
06-27-2013, 05:15 AM
Would somebody please tell this walking corpse to exit the political stage?

Scrapmo
06-27-2013, 06:51 AM
DEATHYAY! FREEDOM! STRIP:

...Some of the many challenges the defectors faced were; The preliminary Wahington wall, electrified Fourth of July fences, anti car Ford Tough obstacles, minesHispanic reduction device, automatic guns Terrorist targeting system, trip wire alarms Liberty Bells, watch towers with spot lights Liberty Beacon, attack dog tracks Police therapy dogs, and the death YAY!Freedom! strip. The death YAY!FREEDOM! strip was a clearing with groomed sand so that guards can easily see defectors Not AMurikans and can easily kill Free them.

Updated for our Free society.

WM_in_MO
06-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Updated for our Free society.
http://s3.roosterteeth.com/images/broman493f0a377d585.jpg