PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Netroots Plot against NRA and prevailing gun culture

AuH20
06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Like AF has stated many times, there is no cohabitation when they talk like this. Especially with the long train of abuses too numerous to list.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/06/23/liberal-panelist-at-netroots-we-have-to-be-like-the-nra/

“The NRA isn’t [just] selling guns, they’re selling fear and mistrust of government,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, said Friday at the ”Not Another Newtown: Building a Movement to Prevent Gun Violence” keynote panel.

“The NRA is selling fear, mainly fear of government,” echoed Matt Gertz, deputy research director at Media Matters for America, at a panel Saturday on “Disarming the NRA: Debunking Misinformation on Guns and Gun Violence.”

tod evans
06-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Fear of government doesn't have to be sold.

Either embrace that fear or have it shoved down your throat.

WM_in_MO
06-25-2013, 08:59 AM
But will "You go over there, we'll go over here" work? It didn't last time.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-25-2013, 09:02 AM
“The NRA isn’t [just] selling guns, they’re selling fear and mistrust of government,”

The NRA? Those hunting people? lmao.

Have these people not been around the last week or so? Really, people are getting their mistrust of government from the NRA? Just hilarious.

Occam's Banana
06-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Geezum-crow! With all the Ed Snowden stuff going on, I misread the thread title & OP text - I was seeing "NSA" in place of "NRA." I was like:
"Huh? WTF?" :confused:
"This doesn't make any sense at all!" :eek:
"These idiots have completely flipped their wigs!" :mad:
"Can anybody seriously ... oh ... wait ... ummm ... nevermind." :o