PDA

View Full Version : Arizona, Georgia & Tennessee are an embarrassment right about now

AuH20
06-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Seriously. After looking through this cloture vote on the immigration/crony corporatism bill, I need to vent. You have the two twits in Tennessee who are serial abusers of the Constitution and now it appears that Gang of 8 flunky Jeff Flake is tired of John McCain stealing all the air in the state. But you really have to love the two fellas in Georgia who abstained, knowing full well that they will be voting 'yes' on the real bill. How can these type of politicians remain entrenched in deep red states?????? Are the state party structures that corrupted?

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah, pretty much. IDK about other states, but the vast majority of popular Arizona local talk radio is "conservative right wing" (even the formerly independent and proud KFNX :( ). Barry Young occasionally criticizes our US senate reps, but not seriously. The AZLP is one of the better state chapters, but it's still too small to have any real influence.
Have you heard of Barry Hess? He's basically Arizona's RP. He ran for governor on the LP ticket. Of course, he got no media attention and very few votes. :/

IDK if it's an entirely AZ thing, though. A whole lot of residents moved here from the midwest and east-and they brought their statism with them. :P McCain is not a native Arizonan.

Sorry if this is too much of a non-answer. That's all I've got on this subject. :o

paulbot24
06-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Jeff Flake has been a major disappointment around here. As far as McCain, for some reason people here still think he is a Republican. Go figure. Many people here in Arizona have watched Jeff Flake live up to his last name and I wouldn't count on him being re-elected and McCain must be nearing his expiration date soon.

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Jeff Flake has been a major disappointment around here. As far as McCain, for some reason people here still think he is a Republican. Go figure. Many people here in Arizona have watched Jeff Flake live up to his last name and I wouldn't count on him being re-elected and McCain must be nearing his expiration date soon.
I doubt Flake will have any serious competition, and they would be outspent anyway. Plus the Party Apparatus does a good job in dominating the media. WRT McCain, I suspect that he's nearing retirement as well. Good riddance.

AuH20
06-24-2013, 11:29 PM

Flake has very quickly accumulated some very poor votes. I think he needs to go, with this being the final straw.

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Flake has very quickly accumulated some very poor votes. I think he needs to go, with this being the final straw.
IIRC, he voted against the FED audit. :P

AuH20
06-24-2013, 11:31 PM
IIRC, he voted against the FED audit. :P

I wonder if McCain pulled him aside. Flake, certainly wasn't a great rep, but he's proving to be a horrible senator.

AuH20
06-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Drag Palin to AZ to take down the old man. That would be epic. He hates her.

AuH20
06-24-2013, 11:48 PM
I just saw this on another board regarding McCain and his apparent 9 lives in Arizona:

FWIW, this is John McCain's second recall in less than than 10 years, which is kind of a record. No other Arizona Senator has ever faced recall up until McCain's behavior became so outrageous people had had enough and filed for his recall.

When it became obvious that the recall had enough petition signatures to force a McCain recall election and that he would lose and be kicked out of office, McCain went groveling to the re call Chairman and promised he would mend his ways if only the Chairman would relent and cancel the filing of the recall petition and stop the recall.

As a result, the re call was put to a halt and Good Old John waited for a few months to make sure the recall was totally dead. As soon as the recall was formally dead, McCain immediately broke his word and went back to his bad behavior.

Now we have a double record with McCain getting his second recall initiative off the ground and while Jeff Flake is simultaneously earning his first recall.

With McCain, we have the all time record of having the first AZ Senator to face recall two separate times. For the second record, we have the historic case where both of Arizona's Senators are being forced to stand for recall at the same time.

WTF are these guys thinking

Is there any other lifeform more repulsive than John McCain?

talkingpointes
06-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Seriously. After looking through this cloture vote on the immigration/crony corporatism bill, I need to vent. You have the two twits in Tennessee who are serial abusers of the Constitution and now it appears that Gang of 8 flunky Jeff Flake is tired of John McCain stealing all the air in the state. But you really have to love the two fellas in Georgia who abstained, knowing full well that they will be voting 'yes' on the real bill. How can these type of politicians remain entrenched in deep red states?????? Are the state party structures that corrupted?

The same way as the other 99%. They get voted back in. Hell Kentucky still has Mccain #2 McConnell.

talkingpointes
06-24-2013, 11:55 PM
I just saw this on another board regarding McCain and his apparent 9 lives in Arizona:

Is there any other lifeform more repulsive than John McCain?

Have you ever heard of Mcconnell. He is the RNC leader.

supermario21
06-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Not to defend the GA senators, but heard some senators missed the vote due to flight delays. Chad Pergram said both Senators told him they were going to vote NO. Mike Lee wasn't there either and Rand barely made the vote. He was the last Senator to vote. He had been in Bowling Green earlier in the day presenting a military medal I believe.

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Are the state party structures that corrupted?

Clearly a rhetorical question.

Occam's Banana
06-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Jeff Flake has been a major disappointment around here.

I remember reading a Reason magazine interview with Flake years ago - while he was still a House Rep. I was not at all impressed (though Reason seemed to be). He struck me as the "summer soldier" type. He could talk a good line, but he waffled & qualified his statements enough that no confidence was inspired.

As a result, I haven't kept up with Flake's doings. But I can't say I'm the least bit surprised.

With McCain, we have the all time record of having the first AZ Senator to face recall two separate times. For the second record, we have the historic case where both of Arizona's Senators are being forced to stand for recall at the same time.

That's the sort of thing I love to hear! It's better than any "audit the fed" or "4th amendment restoration" type stuff all put together (as nice as those things are).

Localization. Repudiation. Nullification. Secession. Etc. We're inching closer & closer ...

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2013, 12:40 AM
I remember reading a Reason magazine interview with Flake years ago - while he was still a House Rep. I was not at all impressed (though Reason seemed to be). He struck me as the "summer soldier" type. He could talk a good line, but he waffled & qualified his statements enough that no confidence was inspired.

The single issue, Israel-firsters supported him because they heard that he was easily bought and corruptible. They are now surprised that he is easily bought and corrupted. Go figure.

puppetmaster
06-25-2013, 02:09 AM
Dean Heller (R) in Nevada also voted for it. He sold out to Harry Reid and the tourism package Reid added at the last minute. I wrote him and let him know we will work against his reelection

Aratus
06-25-2013, 07:58 PM
AZ + TN + GA = 2016 potus race battlefields in the primaries
and/or caucuses that we must deny to rick s's sweatervest.

TaftFan
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
AZ + TN + GA = 2016 potus race battlefields in the primaries
and/or caucuses that we must deny to rick s's sweatervest.

Rand really needs to tour Georgia.