PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach Rally a Success!

RPatTheBeach
11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Just got back from the rally here in Myrtle Beach. I would say it was a great success. CNN was here, as well as local news coverage. Crowd size was around 200-250. Hard to judge because there were some empty seats, but numerous people standing. Not bad for 2 days notice.

Anyone who says RP supporters are white males between the age of 18-35 should have seen this rally. I can confidently say there were as many women as men at this rally, and the age range was from 18 - 85+, bikers and suits alike!

Sorry, no pictures or video. It was definitely uplifting though, because until this point I felt this area was pretty dry on support.

bbachtung
11-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the good news.

Dave Wood
11-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Just got back from the rally here in Myrtle Beach. I would say it was a great success. CNN was here, as well as local news coverage. Crowd size was around 200-250. Hard to judge because there were some empty seats, but numerous people standing. Not bad for 2 days notice.

Anyone who says RP supporters are white males between the age of 18-35 should have seen this rally. I can confidently say there were as many women as men at this rally, and the age range was from 18 - 85+, bikers and suits alike!

Sorry, no pictures or video. It was definitely uplifting though, because until this point I felt this area was pretty dry on support.

Been waiting for this info all day....THANKS RPAT

seapilot
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Thats awesome. There are lots of Ron Paul supporters out there in the shadows just waiting to come out. They dont have to be bused in like some other candidates do.

Maria
11-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Very good news...sounds like a good turnout. Thanks for keeping us posted!

NCSURonPaulAddict
11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I can also vouch for it being quite a success. I actually got a picture with the Dr. himself AND he signed my yard sign (which will never go in my yard again.. but thankfully i got 2 replacements) which was WAY too exciting. He was so genuinely nice and happy it was really just amazing. It was really worth the 3.5 hour drive from Raleigh, NC to see him in person.

Ron Paul 08 or bust!

Jason Wilson,
who said the youth don't vote! Just give us a great candidate....

RPatTheBeach
11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
threads seem to be moving quickly, so here's a bump.

Kenso
11-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I agree, it was a great rally. Hopefully we'll get some positive coverage from CNN on this. I really enjoyed meeting Dr. Paul in person, it was quite an experience. I told him to expect big things on the 16th, so let's not disappoint him! :)

Maria
11-26-2007, 10:58 PM
**bump**

Dave Wood
11-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I agree, it was a great rally. Hopefully we'll get some positive coverage from CNN on this. I really enjoyed meeting Dr. Paul in person, it was quite an experience. I told him to expect big things on the 16th, so let's not disappoint him! :)

Welcome Kenso! S.C. is so important for us, we cant loose sight. Dont let anyone here try to close your mouth for you.....freedom of speech and ideas is what this place is all about!:)

RPatTheBeach
11-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know when that CNN coverage will air? I'm pretty sure the show was called American Morning or something like that

RPatTheBeach
11-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Local Newspaper Coverage:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/story/263282.html

RPatTheBeach
11-27-2007, 08:15 AM
And another
http://www.wpde.com/News/news_story.aspx?id=69846

Ibtz
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I'll be in Charleston tonight listening to the good doctor. I'll try to get some pictures.