PDA

View Full Version : Why are CNN Supposed Journalists in Cuba and Elsewhere For Snowden?

AngryCanadian
06-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Why are CNN Supposed Journalists in Cuba and Elsewhere For Snowden? Is this Journalism?

It seems to me CNN, FOX and other MSM outlets all owned by the government were sending its Journalists in Cuba and even in other Latin countries to sniff out Journalists for the government.

Now this raises the question are they even Journalists to start with?

Neil Desmond
06-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Well they are in the news reporting business - no reason for them not to go after a story.

AngryCanadian
06-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Well they are in the news reporting business - no reason for them not to go after a story.
Yes true but its still Government owned news. All of the reporters whom are pro gov haven't finished an degree in Journalism.

torchbearer
06-24-2013, 03:09 PM
cia has journalist on payroll

acptulsa
06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Just to prove to us what we've been saying for years--they're all government ops.

After all, what other kind of American is allowed to go to Cuba?

Neil Desmond
06-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes true but its still Government owned news. All of the reporters whom are pro gov haven't finished an degree in Journalism.
Government owned news? Not sure what you mean by that; the media is a bunch of privately owned businesses (at least here in the US). If you were to say corporate owned "controlled" government then that would make more sense to me.

torchbearer
06-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Government owned news? Not sure what you mean by that; the media is a bunch of privately owned businesses (at least here in the US). If you were to say corporate owned "controlled" government then that would make more sense to me.

read Power Elite by C. Wright Mills and you will see why there is no difference between your two statements.

pcosmar
06-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Why are CNN Supposed Journalists in Cuba and Elsewhere For Snowden? Is this Journalism?

It seems to me CNN, FOX and other MSM outlets all owned by the government were sending its Journalists in Cuba and even in other Latin countries to sniff out Journalists for the government.

Now this raises the question are they even Journalists to start with?

And that is a very good question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8LAFSY3Ws

tod evans
06-24-2013, 05:21 PM
It doesn't seem that long ago when journalists rooted and snooped at every crack in state and federal government just looking to find newsworthy stories..

Now it seems as though pre prepared stories extolling the virtues of government and it's various factions are the norm..

I have no idea if the reporters are "on the take", if they're lazy or scared..........Maybe all three?

But "The Newz" today isn't like "The News" of 30-40 years ago...

pcosmar
06-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Now it seems as though pre prepared stories extolling the virtues of government and it's various factions are the norm..

With a little "Soap Opera" interest pieces on the various players.Intrigue, Drama, Circus.

RickyJ
06-24-2013, 05:45 PM
The media only reports what their owners tell them to report, which is usually the same thing the government says because they are both controlled by the same people.

torchbearer
06-24-2013, 05:47 PM
The media only reports what their owners tell them to report, which is usually the same thing the government says because they are both controlled by the same people.

summary of Power Elite by C. Wright Mills.

mad cow
06-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Paparazzi.He's famous.

Occam's Banana
06-24-2013, 07:24 PM

Seems to me you have answered your own question.

HOLLYWOOD
06-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Let's throw a few quotes for reminders...

“The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media.”
– William Colby, former CIA director

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
– William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting, 1981)

“Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State.”
– James Angleton, head of CIA counter intelligence from 1954-1974

“I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency back in forty-seven, if I had known it would become the American Gestapo.”
– Harry S. Truman

“The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.”
– J. Edgar Hoover, ex-FBI director on the New World Order conspiracy

“If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts.”
– George H. W. Bush

” I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds.”
– John F. Kennedy

“Fifty men have run America, and that’s a high figure.”
– Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times