PDA

View Full Version : Greenwald: DC Journalists Are ‘Servants’ To Government Power

Warlord
06-24-2013, 01:59 PM
“At some level, I feel like it's Christmas and I’ve been given the greatest, best gift that I could wish for,” Greenwald told HuffPost Monday by phone from Rio de Janeiro. “My critique of the D.C. media has long been that instead of being adversaries to government power -- to the government and political power -- they’re servants to it and mouthpieces for it.”

Greenwald said that Gregory was doing the work of the Justice Department by putting "together a theory in public about why I, as a journalist, should be prosecuted," along with or "call[ing] into question that I’m a journalist at all." That interview, he said, exemplified the "critique that they’re so in bed with the circles of political power over which they’re supposed to acting as watchdogs -- that they really have become nothing more than just appendages."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/glenn-greenwald-meet-the-press_n_3491290.html?1372101472

ItsTime
06-24-2013, 02:01 PM
This is exactly why we need to fund Ben Swann's project...

Anti Federalist
06-24-2013, 02:10 PM

Threw in a couple hundred bucks on that.

Hope it pans out.

randomname
06-24-2013, 02:43 PM
not just the DC media

Bastiat's The Law
06-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Heck yeah!

Lucille
06-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Glenn is a national treasure and one of the few true journalists left in the pathetic fourth estate. Another "journo (https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/349251313525198848)" called for his arrest today.

You lit a fire under my butt. I finally pledged a c-note.

Danan
06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Greenwald is really great. Especially his quick-wittedness during interviews with these hacks.

Feeding the Abscess
06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Greenwald is really great. Especially his quick-wittedness during interviews with these hacks.

Indeed. Dude is a bulldog. He takes exactly zero shit.

RM918
06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately the reactions to this whole debacle is just - even further, I am seriously not sure how my opinion of these folks can keep going down after I continuously believe it hits rock bottom - convincing me a really, really large chunk of Americans are deserving the government they're getting. The pathetic partisan bullshit being flung around and the callousness they have toward whoever ends up dead or jailed makes me disgusted to live here.

The government is outright murdering people, including children, and this one guy dares to show the People the sort of shit the government is hiding from him, and they viciously maul him as a 'traitor' for daring to enlighten them. The corrupt assholes in charge couldn't have dreamed for better subjects.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately the reactions to this whole debacle is just - even further, I am seriously not sure how my opinion of these folks can keep going down after I continuously believe it hits rock bottom - convincing me a really, really large chunk of Americans are deserving the government they're getting. The pathetic partisan bullshit being flung around and the callousness they have toward whoever ends up dead or jailed makes me disgusted to live here.

The government is outright murdering people, including children, and this one guy dares to show the People the sort of shit the government is hiding from him, and they viciously maul him as a 'traitor' for daring to enlighten them. The corrupt assholes in charge couldn't have dreamed for better subjects.

You should take a look around reddit. Media may be doing what they always do, but people on the net are keeping this issue alive, and including Bradley Manning in it too. Obama's no longer the poster child he was before, so some real progress is being made.

Anti Federalist
06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Of course they deserve it.

That is why the goal should be separation, not "educating" the "un-educatable".

Why drag the mass of idiot America along kicking and screaming toward freedom, which they do not want.

Fuck them.

Just count me out.

Secession, NOW.