PDA

View Full Version : Schumer predicts mass demonstrations if House blocks path to citizenship

Origanalist
06-24-2013, 09:59 AM
A senior Democratic senator predicted Sunday there could be massive demonstrations in Washington if House Republicans try to block a bill to grant legal status to millions of immigrants.

Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), the lead Democratic sponsor of the Senate immigration reform bill, said House Republicans would likely spark massive civil rights rallies if they try to quash measures to create a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants already in the country.

“This has the potential of becoming the next major civil rights movement. I could envision in the late summer or early fall if Boehner tries to bottle the bill up or put something in without a path to citizenship — if there’s no path to citizenship, there’s not a bill — but if he tries to bottle it up or do things like that, I could see a million people on the Mall in Washington,” Schumer said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Schumer said business leaders, evangelical leaders and CEOs of high tech companies would join the public call for action by the House on immigration.

Schumer has counted about 67 votes for the Senate immigration bill and believes close to 70 will support final passage later this week.

I do believe that having a significant number of Republicans will change the dynamic in the House. Individual Congress members from red districts, if they see their senators voted for it and they decide to do the right thing, there will be huge pressure on [Speaker John] Boehner [R-Ohio] not to block immigration reform,” said Schumer.

Schumer predicted that Boehner will have to bring legislation very similar to the Senate bill to the House floor, even if a majority of his conference would not support it.

“He will have no choice as the pressure mounts over the summer,” Schumer added.

He said Boehner would have to abandon the so-called Hastert Rule and bring legislation granting legal status to millions of illegal immigrants even if less than half of the House GOP conference is willing to vote for it.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/307223-schumer-predicts-mass-demonstrations-if-house-blocks-path-to-citizenship#ixzz2X9MIbwPM
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

supermario21
06-24-2013, 10:02 AM
I love how the Dems and lefties abuse the term "civil rights movement." They've been using that for gay marriage and that battle hasn't even been fought yet and it's now immigration reform..Bring on the demonstrations. I'm sure hundreds of thousands of marching illegals/Hispanics will help the pro-immigration cause!

AuH20
06-24-2013, 10:03 AM
I love how the Dems and lefties abuse the term "civil rights movement." They've been using that for gay marriage and that battle hasn't even been fought yet and it's now immigration reform..Bring on the demonstrations. I'm sure hundreds of thousands of marching illegals/Hispanics will help the pro-immigration cause!

Huge huge overstep. They did this before and it's didn't enhance their image.

oyarde
06-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Really Chuck ? why would I be concerned about demonsrations in DC ?Oh , I am not , carry on House , do the right thing .

Origanalist
06-24-2013, 10:05 AM
It sounds like a threat to me.

Carlybee
06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
He probably has his staff organizing it

oyarde
06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Oh yes , Chuck , you are still a major douchebag.

jkr
06-24-2013, 10:10 AM
BUT WILL THEY BE ARMED???

ctiger2
06-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Schumer should be in prison for life.

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2013, 11:12 AM
He probably has his staff organizing it

No doubt. Paid protestors.

Schumer said business leaders, evangelical leaders and CEOs of high tech companies would join the public call for action by the House on immigration.

Paid for by the above.

ClydeCoulter
06-24-2013, 11:29 AM
"If we don't pass this, they said that stocks will crash, and by Monday there will be marshal law"...

KEEF
06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
I see a huge demonstration if the US Gov. does anything toSnowden. With of course the exception of a full pardon, a shut down of the NSA, and a full repeal of the Patriot Act... but I am not holding my breath on that.

oyarde
06-24-2013, 11:39 AM
"If we don't pass this, they said that stocks will crash, and by Monday there will be marshal law"...

Well , the markets are and have been and will continue into serious decline for various reasons......so we can scratch that as BS.

Elias Graves
06-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Now that he's mentioned it, I'm sure the operatives are hard at work hiring temps to march.
On the other hand, I predict huge demonstrations if they DO pass it.

Kotin
06-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Schumer is so full of shit on this one I can hardly stand it.. to compare the civil rights movement to the government trying to pass this horrible bill is also a complete joke on ALL of us.

Uriel999
06-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Go ahead and let it crash, then the economy will finally start to heal!

If they declared Marshal Law...nothing would change except the abuses would technically now be all legal and the people would love their shiny new chains. "Please jackboot thug, please loosen my chains so that I may lick your boots!" That would be the standard lemmings response.

Patriotism would rise too, cause Merica!

Origanalist
06-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Patriotism would rise too, cause Merica!

Ugh.

Nobexliberty
06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
It sounds like a threat to me.
The Germans have invented a solution to handle large masses of enemy's if the mob starts attacking congress.

Nobexliberty
06-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Double post in a way

Origanalist
06-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Double post in a way

http://www.gamesdeguerra.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mg42-kursk.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eUCJcapW8GY

Now you can delete that wall of text. :)

Nobexliberty
06-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Now you can delete that wall of text.:) Epic forum fail, well now I know the Go Advance button is important.

talkingpointes
06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
http://politicker.com/2013/03/chuck-schumer-says-rand-paul-is-really-helpful-on-immigration/

“I think the bottom line is having Rand Paul come out for something not that far away from our group of eight is really helpful,” Mr. Schumer said on Inside City Hall. “After all, he’s the hard right. He’s the Tea Party. And if he can be for it, so can most Republicans. And that gives me a lot of hope we can pass a bill in both the Senate and the House. And the House will be even tougher than the Senate.”

HOLLYWOOD
06-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Schumer advocating for over populating the anemic job market?

Chuck Schumer has 3 agendas;

He wants Americans slaves to the MATRIX of a Fascist-Dictatorship State of Fear
He wants complete Cancer State of Cultural Marxism across America
He wants all Americans hooked on government control whether it's through the Welfare state or Corporatist state

Below are Schumer's campaign top 5 money interests. Hell of a phony little people's Democrat, eh? This does show you
the ignorance of the New York partisan voters.

Securities & Investment
$3,157,714
$2,747,414
$410,300

Lawyers/Law Firms
$2,337,599
$2,004,836
$332,763

Real Estate
$1,492,090
$1,255,590
$236,500

Lobbyists
$674,938
$662,018
$12,920

Insurance
$637,350
$268,950
$368,400

Origanalist
06-24-2013, 12:18 PM
http://politicker.com/2013/03/chuck-schumer-says-rand-paul-is-really-helpful-on-immigration/

“I think the bottom line is having Rand Paul come out for something not that far away from our group of eight is really helpful,” Mr. Schumer said on Inside City Hall. “After all, he’s the hard right. He’s the Tea Party. And if he can be for it, so can most Republicans. And that gives me a lot of hope we can pass a bill in both the Senate and the House. And the House will be even tougher than the Senate.”

Chuck Schumer says a lot of things, 99% are lies.

Elias Graves
06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Rand Paul is the hard right? Lol.