PDA

View Full Version : Laura Bush sent me an email

jcbraithwaite7
11-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Laura Bush <ecampaign@gop.com> wrote:

Dear JC,

As a strong supporter of our President and our Party, I wanted to make sure you had the first opportunity to have an official 2008 RNC calendar featuring President Bush.

The images in the calendar span the entire seven years of George's Presidency. I hope they will remind you of what's great about our country and how high the stakes are for America in the upcoming elections.

To receive your limited edition 2008 RNC calendar, please make an online gift of $25 or more to the RNC today.

JC, grassroots leaders like you are the backbone of the Republican Party. Your continuing commitment to the RNC is critical to keeping the White House in Republican hands and regaining our majorities in the U.S. House and Senate in the 2008 elections.

So please take a moment to make a secure online contribution of $25 or more today and you will receive your calendar from the RNC in a few days. Thank you for your ongoing support of our President and our cause.

Best wishes,

Laura Bush

HERE IS MY REPLY:

Dear Laura,

Unfortunately I do not wish to relive or remember the last 7 years of George's presidency. I will remember it always as will my children (yet to be born) and my children's children. Why? We will not be able to forget due to the albatross of debt we are now yoked with. The legacy of spending more, borrowing more and creating more government is not what George campaigned on. So I have to say no thank you to the calendar as I will be counting down the days until his presidency is over.

Any money that I will be donating will be going to the only conservative candidate- Ron Paul. The GOP would be wise to embrace the Ron Paul campaign until then the RNC will not be getting anymore donations from me.

JC Braithwaite
Lifelong Republican
Ron Paul Supporter

steph3n
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
awesome reply :D

axiomata
11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Ouch, burned!

apc3161
11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Here here!

klamath
11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
good reply

OptionsTrader
11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I hope she reads that...

Maverick
11-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't notice at first that you would have to make a contribution before receiving the calendar. I was going to suggest burning it. ;)

ConstitutionGal
11-26-2007, 09:31 PM
GREAT REPLY!! I usually write something snippy on all the RNC donation requests that I receive in the mail and then send them back on their dime!! You know, something along the lines of 'I'll re-open my wallet when the Republican Party ....". I keep getting signed photos of GWB even though I refused to campaign for him and resigned my position on the local RP Executive Committee because of it! It's starting to look like they're getting desperate and are simply too power-hungry and/or stupid to see that Ron Paul is their only chance of holding on to anything come next year! Oh well, it's either Ron Paul or back to a nice third-party for this pre-2004 life-long Republican!

kill the banks
11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Laura Bush <ecampaign@gop.com> wrote:

Dear JC,

As a strong supporter of our President and our Party, I wanted to make sure you had the first opportunity to have an official 2008 RNC calendar featuring President Bush.

The images in the calendar span the entire seven years of George's Presidency. I hope they will remind you of what's great about our country and how high the stakes are for America in the upcoming elections.

To receive your limited edition 2008 RNC calendar, please make an online gift of $25 or more to the RNC today.

JC, grassroots leaders like you are the backbone of the Republican Party. Your continuing commitment to the RNC is critical to keeping the White House in Republican hands and regaining our majorities in the U.S. House and Senate in the 2008 elections.

So please take a moment to make a secure online contribution of $25 or more today and you will receive your calendar from the RNC in a few days. Thank you for your ongoing support of our President and our cause.

Best wishes,

Laura Bush

HERE IS MY REPLY:

Dear Laura,

Unfortunately I do not wish to relive or remember the last 7 years of George's presidency. I will remember it always as will my children (yet to be born) and my children's children. Why? We will not be able to forget due to the albatross of debt we are now yoked with. The legacy of spending more, borrowing more and creating more government is not what George campaigned on. So I have to say no thank you to the calendar as I will be counting down the days until his presidency is over.

Any money that I will be donating will be going to the only conservative candidate- Ron Paul. The GOP would be wise to embrace the Ron Paul campaign until then the RNC will not be getting anymore donations from me.

JC Braithwaite
Lifelong Republican
Ron Paul Supporter

i'll pay for the stamp ... v well put jc

ps:

Ron Paul calendars would be excellent idea for raising funds ... anybody ?

kill the banks

jcbraithwaite7
11-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Maybe they would have better luck offerning a George Bush dartboard instead of a calendar.

(NOTE TO BIG BROTHER WATCHING THE BOARDS... THAT IS A JOKE AND NOT A THREAT)

chipvogel
11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
They'd have better luck with an end the war in Iraq calendar.

Throw in a few graphs...like the price of oil, the value of the dollar, the ratings of President Bush in the polls.

rodent
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
You rule.

Maria
11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I've heard of other peole doing that too. I think it's hysterical. Imagine how many of those replies they must be getting....can't help but chuckle

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Excellent reply. She mine as well send this out to CEO's and Defense Contractors. Why would they think the American public would want to remember George Bush's Presidency?

Wendi
11-27-2007, 09:08 AM
So, how do we get one of those calenders again? My rabbit's cage needs new lining :p