PDA

View Full Version : How do we know the guy in charge won't steal our Money?

yaz
11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
We could donate to the cause... and then the guy in charge could just laugh- and take our money- and never be heard from again. How do we know this is legit, and how do we know that we won't get ripped off?

http://pinksheets.com/common/images/tier/logo_caveat_emptor.gif

cien750hp
11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
won't you be protected with paypal or credit cards?
i'm actually not familiar with either so feel free to correct me, but im pretty sure they have protection against scams.
Also, with someone like lepard we would feel confident, or elijah doesn't seem too sketchy

yaz
11-27-2007, 01:35 AM
yeah... that's not enough proof for me. sry.

Austin
11-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Because people would hunt him down and sue him.

Paulitical Correctness
11-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Because no crook would pull a long con like this for a measly 350 grand. Not when he's risking the wrath of the world's most dedicated grassroots supporters to be unleashed upon him.

devil21
11-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Has anybody stolen money from RP supporters yet? Considering the negative pub that us random supporters get for just backing RP, I would imagine that anyone stealing money from the grassroots would be outed quickly, charged and sued. It wouldn't be pretty and I think anyone trying to capitalize on these efforts should think twice. And if it happened, Ron Paul would get MORE MSM articles.....

kylejack
11-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Has anybody stolen money from RP supporters yet?
Yes, thoughtbombing stole more than 15K. Probably even more now.

yaz
11-27-2007, 04:07 AM
how?

Hook
11-27-2007, 08:21 AM
That is why we are trying to hire LLepard. He has far more money than that, so it wouldn't be worth his time to do something like that.
Anyway, he is trustworthy on his own.

kylejack
11-27-2007, 08:23 AM
how?

By claiming he was going to run a New York Times ad and keeping the money.

trispear
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
By claiming he was going to run a New York Times ad and keeping the money.Couldn't he be charged with fraud and if it was over state lines a whole laundrey list of felonies?

I know the FBI starts going after cases once it reaches $5,000 and up.

constitutional
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Couldn't he be charged with fraud and if it was over state lines a whole laundrey list of felonies?

Sure, everyone can file dispute with their credit card company and get money back or sue/report the person and then get money back... but the point is: A scam would be a huge blow to the grassroots campaign and for RP. We would get so much negative publicity and plus the current supporters and other people would be skeptical about the whole campaign.

It's not worth taking the chance... so don't even talk about the FBI to start with.

Yes, WE WOULD LIKE PROOF!

kylejack
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Couldn't he be charged with fraud and if it was over state lines a whole laundrey list of felonies?

Maybe. But the whole thing was on tenuous legal grounds. Not legal to collect that much money for advertising a candidate without a PAC. Dude lives with his mom and his stepfather, and is in his early 20s. I have his address and his mother's name.

Jagwarr
11-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Some states have "high tech crime" divisions now to deal with internet scams, you could call his local police dept for more info. You could also wait a few months and then inform the IRS of this person. I doubt he plans on paying income tax on stolen funds.

constitutional
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Some states have "high tech crime" divisions now to deal with internet scams, you could call his local police dept for more info. You could also wait a few months and then inform the IRS of this person. I doubt he plans on paying income tax on stolen funds.

No, no one should donate to find out what will happen in future.

Proof is necessary at this point.

yaz
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
yeah

llamabread
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
If they are able to form a PAC, all money donated to the PAC must be spent by the PAC. If they have a government registered PAC, then it seems that they won't be able to use the money for personal gain.

Man from La Mancha
11-27-2007, 09:45 PM
When I buy from any reputable company and they don't deliver for some reason, like out of stock I have never had any trouble that the company didn't not credit my account. On other purchases the company has assured me that they will not charge my credit,debit card till the product is sent out. So as I proposed in several other blimp threads why not make payments direct to the blimp company on the basis of not being charged till product is delivered. I'm sure the blimp company won't jeopardize their reputation and keep the money, they have way to much to lose.IMO http://airshipman.com/ourairships.htm

Airship Management Services, Inc. (AMS) is a full-service airship company whose staff have over 25 years of worldwide experience in airship operations. AMS is in the business of operating airships (blimps). Our staff of experts has been providing pilots, engineers, and ground support in airships since 1980.

What We Do For You
Airship Management Services, Inc. provides fully certificated airships for lease or purchase.

What Can You Do With An Airship
Airships can be utilized for a multitude of purposes. Some common uses are:

Advertising and promotion
Television coverage of outdoor events
Surveillance for police and military
Environmental monitoring of air or water pollution
Fixed-based "Skycruise" passenger operations

The Sky Is Not The Limit
The possibilities are limitless...
Let us help you open the window...
Let us help you turn the heads of the world to the sky, and make your Company's name and reputation rise "Above the Clutter" of conventional advertising mediums.

About Airship Management Services

Airship Management Services, affiliated with Nissho Iwai American Corp., is the most experienced company in operating the world’s largest airships and through associated companies provides technical and operational support to airships worldwide. AMS operates a maintenance facility and FAA repair station at Skycruiser Corp.’s base in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. AMS personnel have been in the business of providing flight crew; technical expertise and ground support to airships since 1980 and have operated airships in Japan, Korea, Australia, the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Germany and France. All crew are fully licensed by the relevant civil aviation authorities

Airship Management Services, affiliated with Nissho Iwai American Corp. and Skycruiser Corporation, is the most experienced company in operating the world's largest airships and through associated companies provides technical and operational support to airships worldwide. AMS and Skycruiser Corporation maintain their principal office in Greenwich, Conn., with other offices in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Greece and Japan. The companies operate a maintenance facility and FAA repair station at Skycruiser Corporation's base in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. AMS personnel have been providing flight crew; technical expertise and ground support to airships since 1980 and have operated airships in Japan, Korea, Australia, the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Germany and France. All crew are fully licensed by the relevant civil aviation authorities.

For more information, contact:
U.S. - William G Armstrong Jr., airship600@aol.com, Airship Management Services, 203-625-0071
U.K. - Will Fanshawe, w.fanshawe@skycruier.co.uk, Skycruiser Corporation, (011)+1488-681-484
Switzerland - Christian Schulthess, ch.schulthess@skyship.ch , Skycruiser Corporation,
(011) +41 52 354 59 70

airship600@aol.com

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

T206
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
When I buy from any reputable company and they don't deliver for some reason, like out of stock I have never had any trouble that the company didn't not credit my account. On other purchases the company has assured me that they will not charge my credit,debit card till the product is sent out. So as I proposed in several other blimp threads why not make payments direct to the blimp company on the basis of not being charged till product is delivered. I'm sure the blimp company won't jeopardize their reputation and keep the money, they have way to much to lose.IMO http://airshipman.com/ourairships.htm

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

I cant believe how INCREDIBLY IRRESPONSIBLE of a suggestion you are making here! :mad::eek::mad:

slantedview
11-27-2007, 10:56 PM
The company is for real:

http://airshipman.com/clients.htm

T206
11-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The company is for real:

http://airshipman.com/clients.htm

Who cares? Enron was real too, and so is the FEC.

Does anyone have a PAC or some other solution in place to take the money?

Does anyone have a contract with the blimp company?

Im pretty sure both answers are no, which makes his suggestion terribly irresponsible.

pacelli
11-28-2007, 07:31 AM
The company is legitimate, and, I think it is perfectly normal for people to question the civilian who is organizing the effort and hiring the company. Curious that this person hasn't been more active in this forum.

trispear
11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe. But the whole thing was on tenuous legal grounds. Not legal to collect that much money for advertising a candidate without a PAC. Dude lives with his mom and his stepfather, and is in his early 20s. I have his address and his mother's name.

I think the tenuous legal grounds is bad for him since he was the one who collected that money -- I still think someone should press charges so that defrauding RP supporters doesn't pay.

He would be better off as well, learning early on in life that you don't get away with this crap.

Gugnico
11-28-2007, 10:20 AM
As far as I can tell, they haven't actually collected anything. The website is taking pledges, just like Tea Party. The problem is that if there is eventually no PAC to donate to, then the project will be a bust.

Too bad, since it's been getting some media attention already.

Sir Stangle
11-28-2007, 10:58 AM
The only thing i am worried about is what if this guy was just bored and did all this with no intention of putting it together.

I only worry because i have done similar things on a much, much smaller scale. Its also very convinent that 40 donors agreed to 5k.....what are the odds of that anyway. This just all stinks to me, i refuse to get my hopes up.

GorGor
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
They are working on getting the PAC set up. Attorneys and such are involved. I sent an e-mail to them yesterday somewhat in this scope and they replied as I initially stated.

integrity
11-28-2007, 03:50 PM
just arrange to have donations sent directly to the airship company.

torchbearer
11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
They are working on getting the PAC set up. Attorneys and such are involved. I sent an e-mail to them yesterday somewhat in this scope and they replied as I initially stated.

In case people missed it the first and second time.

Focus Liberty
11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
running the money through a PAC should create a solid paper trail. fraud is a valid concern in any case and we should never get careless with our spending, that would be so un-Paulish.

Primbs
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I understand the blimp project will be OK. If not, some of us can step up to the plate to make sure it happens.

Trevor already has an accomplished record of helping to raise 4.2 million.

macdee
11-29-2007, 04:16 AM
I would like to see Trevor Lyman contact Alex Jones and get some leads on filling these positions for the blimp project. I know Trevor has his personal phone number and Alex has a lot of trustworthy contacts or can get them for us. Alex Jones is a close friend of Ron Paul and they go back at least six years. Alex also has all the personal phone numbers of key people in the Ron Paul campaign. Since Alex in not connected to the campaign, he can be a big help and has all of the right connections to get things going quickly.

I my opinion, you need a real law firm to handle the issue of setting up the collection of the funds safely and legally. I personally don't feel comfortable having a "paralegal entrepreneur" working from a PO Box in North Carolina. Please call up Alex Jones on his personal phone and ask for a reference for a good law firm that knows campaign fund raising. Alex has a great deal of integrity which has been proven over many years, and he’s also a personal friend of Ron Paul. You’ll save yourself a lot of time if you just contact Alex Jones. I believe he would be more than willing to help out.

Man from La Mancha
11-29-2007, 04:22 AM
I my opinion, you need a real law firm to handle the issue of setting up the collection of the funds safely and legally. I personally don't feel comfortable having a "paralegal entrepreneur" working from a PO Box in North Carolina. Please call up Alex Jones on his personal phone and ask for a reference for a good law firm that knows campaign fund raising. Alex has a great deal of integrity which has been proven over many years, and he’s also a personal friend of Ron Paul. You’ll save yourself a lot of time if you just contact Alex Jones. I believe he would be more than willing to help out.I will feel safe on whoever they choose and won't back out of my donation. Alex has no reference point for me. he is good at exposing corruption but not for this. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

yoAdrian
11-29-2007, 07:10 PM
a contract is normally signed for it and beside he could always fly away but i still have a sniper rifle lololol J/k guys.

slantedview
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
the payments will most likely be processed via google checkout. if you feared for something, you could file a dispute with your credit card, and a chargeback would be issued by google.

this is just FYI, to alay concerns.

macdee
12-01-2007, 01:50 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp web page should have an "About Us" link on the main page.

The head of the company collecting the funds MUST be Trevor Lyman.

All owners of the company collecting the funds must have a picture and background description.

NO checks for expenses goes out without Trevor Lyman's signature. period.

This must be verifiable with a full discloser of the owners of the company.

If the initial 350 thousand mark is not met and the blimp does not fly... the contributions made MUST be returned.

The "terms" link needs to state that ALL funds (minus 5% current expenses) will be returned if the goal is not met and the blimp does not fly.

If the above information is provided on the "About Us" link on the main page...

The contributors will be confident and the money will FLOOD IN!!!

That's what my 500 dollars is wait for. If this was done first off... we probably would have 400 thousand dollars collected right now.

Ethek
12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
The Ron Paul Blimp web page should have an "About Us" link on the main page.

The head of the company collecting the funds MUST be Trevor Lyman.

All owners of the company collecting the funds must have a picture and background description.

NO checks for expenses goes out without Trevor Lyman's signature. period.

This must be verifiable with a full discloser of the owners of the company.

If the initial 350 thousand mark is not met and the blimp does not fly... the contributions made MUST be returned.

The "terms" link needs to state that ALL funds (minus 5% current expenses) will be returned if the goal is not met and the blimp does not fly.

If the above information is provided on the "About Us" link on the main page...

The contributors will be confident and the money will FLOOD IN!!!

That's what my 500 dollars is wait for. If this was done first off... we probably would have 400 thousand dollars collected right now.

I think there is some good infromation here. Trevor does have a good name. However, it is his name to stake. I would not expect him to take on such liability.

Aversion to risk is something every investor has to consider with each opportunity. This is a HUGE opportunity. You've got to decide for yourself. However more disclosure can only help with this.

yaz
12-02-2007, 12:34 AM
\\