PDA

View Full Version : Establishment's response to us delegates of Michigan's 2nd District about CFL

KEEF
06-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Email from my District Committee Chair in regards to Campaign for Liberty, and Campaign for Liberty trying to hold the State GOP to its adopted platform.

I'll save her name. If you want it, PM me.

Thoughts?

Dear Precinct Delegates,

You may have recently received an e-mail asking for your signature on a resolution submitted by the 2nd Congressional District Republican Delegate Coalition. Please note that this coalition is not the official Second Congressional District of Michigan Republican Committee.

It seems this new group was created in the last 24 hours by Mr. Paul Segers who represents Campaign for Liberty in West Michigan and is using a name similar to the Second District Committee to confuse precinct delegates and voters.

You are welcome to sign the resolution and give Mr. Segers your information if you agree with the resolution and believe that is the best way to communicate with your elected officials. However, I believe it was necessary to clarify for you that the resolution is not affiliated with the official Second District Committee.

I will point out that many have expressed concerns about the threatening language in the resolution and how it is contrary to many beliefs and frustrations of the party telling representatives how to vote.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX, Chair
Second District Republican Committee
Here is the original email from Paul Seger

***URGENT***

Second District Republican Precinct Delegates, please let me know if you agree to put your name to the resolution posted below. Simply reply back, and your name will be added to the list. Feel free to forward this to your respective lists of precinct delegates, should you be maintaining them in your own county:

2nd Congressional District Republican Delegate Coalition
Resolution 001-2013

WHEREAS the undersigned 2nd Congressional District Republican Delegates believe that House Bill 4714 (Substitute H-3) (“HB 4714”) is not consistent with the conservative values published in the 2012 Republican Platform, which states that Republicans will work to repeal the legislation commonly known as "Obamacare" in all of its forms.

WHEREAS, it is required that those representing the Second District in the Michigan House of Representatives and Senate, vote NO on HB 4714, or any other legislation pertaining to an expansion of state Medicaid eligibility and funding, or the implementation and funding of any Health Care Exchange associated with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) within the State of Michigan.

WHEREAS, the undersigned 2nd Congressional District Republican Delegates believe that the 2nd District Republican Committee should pass a resolution reaffirming that those representing the Second District in the Michigan House of Representatives and Senate, are required to vote NO on HB 4714, or any other legislation pertaining to an expansion of state Medicaid eligibility and funding, or the implementation and funding of any Health Care Exchange associated with Obamacare within the State of Michigan.

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that any sitting member of - or candidate for - the Michigan House of Representatives or Senate who violates this resolution, any and all monetary and logistical support by the undersigned 2nd Congressional District Republican Delegates will be suspended immediately.

Adopted by the undersigned delegates, June 19, 2013:

Copy: Chairman Robert Schostak, Michigan Republican Party
Executive Committee Members, Michigan Republican Party
Senator Hildenbrand (29th District)
Senator Meekof (30th District)
Senator Hansen (34th District)
Senator Booher (35th District)
Representative Victory (88th District)
Representative Price (89th District)
Representative Haveman (90th District)
Representative Bumstead (100th District)
Representative Franz (101st District)

Respectfully submitted, June 19, 2013