PDA

View Full Version : Pork-laced bullets designed to send Muslims straight ‘to hell’

Anti Federalist
06-23-2013, 08:20 PM
'Murika!

*sigh*

Pork-laced bullets designed to send Muslims straight ‘to hell’

By Tracy Simmons| Religion News Service

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/pork-laced-bullets-designed-to-send-muslims-straight-to-hell/2013/06/21/aff2247a-daaa-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

SPOKANE, Wash. — Still angry about the idea of an Islamic cultural center opening near Ground Zero, a group of Idaho gun enthusiasts decided to fight back with a new line of pork-laced bullets.

South Fork Industries, based in Dalton Gardens, Idaho, claims its ammunition, called Jihawg Ammo, is a “defensive deterrent to those who violently act in the name of Islam.”

The bullets are coated in pork-infused paint, which the company states makes the ammo “haram,” or unclean, and therefore will keep a Muslim who’s shot with one of the bullets from entering paradise.

“With Jihawg Ammo, you don’t just kill an Islamist terrorist, you also send him to hell. That should give would-be martyrs something to think about before they launch an attack. If it ever becomes necessary to defend yourself and those around you our ammo works on two levels,” the company said in a press release earlier this month.

The company’s website bills the bullets as “Peace Through Pork” and a “peaceful and natural deterrent to radical Islam.” There’s a related line of apparel that feature slogans like “Put Some Ham in MoHAMed” and a target poster that says “Give Em a Spankin with some Bacon.”

“The nullifying principle of our product is only effective if you are attacked by an Islamist in Jihad,” the company’s website says. “Otherwise, our ammo functions just like any other ammunition, so we obviously insist upon defensive use of our ammo only-not offensive.”

Company officials declined requests to comment.

However, Shannon Dunn, assistant professor of religious studies at Gonzaga University, said South Fork’s concept is based on an inaccurate understanding of the Quran.

“There is no penalty for coming into contact with pork given by the Quran,” she said, pointing to verses that prohibit the consumption of pork and carrion that are reminiscent of Jewish dietary laws outlined in Leviticus.

“To my knowledge, Muslims, especially unknowingly, would not be banned from heaven for eating or getting hit by pork,” she said. “There are some interpreters who suggest that Muslims should eat pork rather than starve, if faced with that alternative.”

Nevertheless, the ammo has plenty of supporters, with more than 4,300 people liking it on Facebook. One fan, Ted of California, said he planned to buy 500 rounds. Another, Jeffrey, said he hoped someone would smuggle the bullets into U.S. military troops.

seyferjm
06-23-2013, 08:25 PM
oh loardy how lame

Kilrain
06-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Whatever. It's just trolling. Without attention, this *thing* will wither and die.

Kotin
06-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Dumbest shit I have seen today.

Christian Liberty
06-23-2013, 08:28 PM
This is so hopelessly stupid...

Anti Federalist
06-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Dumbest shit I have seen today.

No kidding.

How much you want to bet this outfit has government contracts?

emazur
06-23-2013, 08:34 PM
“Put Some Ham in MoHAMed”

I guess I'm in a jovial mood, I thought that was actually pretty funny

Zippyjuan
06-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Must be a tiny outfit- contact address is apparently not even a storefront. Probably a few local reloaders.
http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/video-idaho-business-pushing-pork-infused-bullets-aka-jihawg-ammo/Content?oid=2884200

A reporter for KHQ stopped by South Fork's listed address in Dalton Gardens, "but there was no storefront and it was just a mailing address."

Town population is only 2,300 and 2.3 square miles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalton_Gardens,_Idaho

LibertyEagle
06-23-2013, 08:43 PM
South Fork Industries, based in Dalton Gardens, Idaho, claims its ammunition, called Jihawg Ammo, is a “defensive deterrent to those who violently act in the name of Islam.”

The bullets are coated in pork-infused paint, which the company states makes the ammo “haram,” or unclean, and therefore will keep a Muslim who’s shot with one of the bullets from entering paradise.

“With Jihawg Ammo, you don’t just kill an Islamist terrorist, you also send him to hell. That should give would-be martyrs something to think about before they launch an attack. If it ever becomes necessary to defend yourself and those around you our ammo works on two levels,” the company said in a press release earlier this month.

The company’s website bills the bullets as “Peace Through Pork” and a “peaceful and natural deterrent to radical Islam.” There’s a related line of apparel that feature slogans like “Put Some Ham in MoHAMed” and a target poster that says “Give Em a Spankin with some Bacon.”

“The nullifying principle of our product is only effective if you are attacked by an Islamist in Jihad,” the company’s website says. “Otherwise, our ammo functions just like any other ammunition, so we obviously insist upon defensive use of our ammo only-not offensive.”

Company officials declined requests to comment.

However, Shannon Dunn, assistant professor of religious studies at Gonzaga University, said South Fork’s concept is based on an inaccurate understanding of the Quran.

“There is no penalty for coming into contact with pork given by the Quran,” she said, pointing to verses that prohibit the consumption of pork and carrion that are reminiscent of Jewish dietary laws outlined in Leviticus.

If there was in fact a penalty for coming into contact with pork, this actually would make a lot of sense.

VIDEODROME
06-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Good for Muslims and possibly Vegans

Zippyjuan
06-23-2013, 08:47 PM
If there was in fact a penalty for coming into contact with pork, this actually would make a lot of sense.

Believe the prohibition is only against eating pork- not contacting it. http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=394%3Apork-forbidden&catid=71%3Amost-common-questions-asked-by-non-muslim&Itemid=199

trey4sports
06-23-2013, 08:48 PM
my grandfather once proposed that we just keep pigs in the captains cockpit in order to avoid another 9/11...

oyarde
06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Reminds me of rumors of Black Jack Pershing.

WM_in_MO
06-23-2013, 08:50 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/250x250/37036309.jpg

KCIndy
06-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Hmm.

If they're truly this stupid, maybe the same group of "gun enthusiasts" will make themselves some BLTs - Bullet, Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches - and shoot their mouths off some more.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BAllen
06-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh, yeah, those poor muslims. They never do anything wrong. How could anyone be so hateful to them?

oyarde
06-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Actually , the eating of pork is beneficial to archeologists while combing through trash in dated settelments in the eastern most med coastal areas , as pig bones are easily identifiable.

ClydeCoulter
06-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Good for Muslims and possibly Vegans

And Jews or certain religions based on it (like the one I grew up in, I don't eat pork, well I eat some sausage once in a while now that I'm not religious).
But, yeah, it's not coming into contact with it, it's eating it on purpose.

VIDEODROME
06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
This is clearly a pork hotdog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJX-4yTlWXM

Dr.3D
06-23-2013, 09:24 PM
I thought I remembered an idea something like this from back in 2004

Israeli News: Pig fat to be hung on Israeli buses
Pigs are considered unclean in Judaism and Islam
Israeli police are to hang bags of pig lard on buses and in other public places to deter would-be Muslim suicide bombers, Israeli media have reported.
http://patriotaction.net/forum/topics/israeli-news-pig-fat-to-be

Suicide bombing 'pig fat threat'
A leading Israeli rabbi has proposed hanging bags of pig fat in buses to deter Muslim suicide bombers who may want to avoid contact with an "unclean" animal.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3484277.stm

Occam's Banana
06-23-2013, 09:49 PM
So ... wouldn't acceptance of the efficacy of this ammo amount to a tacit admission that the Muslims are "in the right" (theologically speaking) after all?

Or is it something like Niels Bohr's horseshoe? (Upon seeing a horseshoe above the door of the great physicist's home, a visitor asked, "Surely, Mr. Bohr, you don't believe that that brings you good luck?" Bohr replied, "Certainly not! But you know ... they say it works whether you believe in it or not.")

oyarde
06-23-2013, 09:51 PM
I thought I remembered an idea something like this from back in 2004

Goes back further Doc.Not that I think any of it makes any difference.... say I am " religious " of some nature , my religion tells me not to kill people , but I decide to do so , Am I worried about Grandmas taboo ? Doubt it .

kcchiefs6465
06-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Spokane is a place I would not even travel through. Not because of this idiocy but because they are shooting and beating people to death left and right out that way.

"All I wanted was a Snickers bar"

donnay
06-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Boy oh boy...what will they think up next...giving Muslims the swine flu?

heavenlyboy34
06-23-2013, 10:58 PM
SMH. One of those rare times on the internetz I am speechless.

Antischism
06-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Oh, yeah, those poor muslims. They never do anything wrong. How could anyone be so hateful to them?

Ya'll shud jus nuke'em Arabz, hyuck! Good fer nothin' people; ain't nothin' like us 'Mericanz, I'll tell yew wut. If it ain't white or Christian, kill it wit hellfire! Yee-haaaw!

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/images/kill-arabs.jpg

juleswin
06-23-2013, 11:16 PM
This will have similar success as the Middle east free oil gas stations that opened up in Nebraska i.e. it will fail.

oyarde
06-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Ya'll shud jus nuke'em Arabz, hyuck! Good fer nothin' people; ain't nothin' like us 'Mericanz, I'll tell yew wut. If it ain't white or Christian, kill it wit hellfire! Yee-haaaw!

Arabs ? what are there 9 million of them ? Mostly , just in 7 Countries ? Egypt, Iraq,Saudi,Sudan,Algeria,Yemen , Syria ?...... :) Well , I gotta admit , those Sudanese look untrustworthy , LOL

oyarde
06-23-2013, 11:24 PM
SMH. One of those rare times on the internetz I am speechless.

Happens to me , but not with this.....

oyarde
06-23-2013, 11:29 PM
I will bet 1 FRN ( but, only once , I am a notorious tight ass ), there are more people in America on Food Stamps than there are "Arabs", at least they spelled it right , lol, now ,the biggest country on the Arabian Peninsula , is a Welfare State too ... and some of your tax dollars go there .....

talkingpointes
06-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Finally something I can be proud of. Damn I almost teared up reading that knowing my brothers in arms will finally have the ammo to send the muzzies straight to hell. 48 virgins - try 48mg of nitrate ridden death. God bless this cuntree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

oyarde
06-23-2013, 11:31 PM
This will have similar success as the Middle east free oil gas stations that opened up in Nebraska i.e. it will fail.

I would have used those.....but, have not been to see my Friend in Nebraska in a long time , gotta earn a living ....

Intoxiklown
06-24-2013, 07:16 AM

Yeah.....because only hick southerners are racist xenophobes stereotyping Muslims. Once you get past the Mason-Dixon line, racism magically goes away, right?

asurfaholic
06-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm sure Allah would understand if a martyr took one of these to the gut...

kcchiefs6465
06-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm sure Allah would understand if a martyr took one of these to the gut...
Do you think Allah would understand for the person martyring someone with a bullet to the gut?

asurfaholic
06-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Do you think Allah would understand for the person martyring someone with a bullet to the gut?

You will have to ask Warlord about that one. Left my Koran at home today.

Dr.3D
06-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Goes back further Doc.Not that I think any of it makes any difference.... say I am " religious " of some nature , my religion tells me not to kill people , but I decide to do so , Am I worried about Grandmas taboo ? Doubt it .

I don't recall any place in my scriptures where killing is forbidden, but it does say (when translated correctly), not to murder.

kcchiefs6465
06-24-2013, 09:58 AM
You will have to ask Warlord about that one. Left my Koran at home today.
Assuming you are a Christian...

Christianity

The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[7] The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".[15] (Even the Arabic-descended Maltese language of Malta, whose population is almost entirely Roman Catholic, uses Alla for "God".) Arab Christians for example use terms Allāh al-ab (الله الأب) meaning God the Father, Allāh al-ibn (الله الابن) mean God the Son, and Allāh al-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) meaning God the Holy Spirit. (See God in Christianity for the Christian concept of God.)

Arab Christians have used two forms of invocations that were affixed to the beginning of their written works. They adopted the Muslim bismillāh, and also created their own Trinitized bismillāh as early as the 8th century CE.[35] The Muslim bismillāh reads: "In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful." The Trinitized bismillāh reads: "In the name of Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, One God." The Syriac, Latin and Greek invocations do not have the words "One God" at the end. This addition was made to emphasize the monotheistic aspect of Trinitian belief and also to make it more palatable to Muslims.[35]

According to Marshall Hodgson, it seems that in the pre-Islamic times, some Arab Christians made pilgrimage to the Ka‘bah, a pagan temple at that time, honoring Allah there as God the Creator.[36]

oyarde
06-24-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't recall any place in my scriptures where killing is forbidden, but it does say (when translated correctly), not to murder.

Good point.

jkr
06-24-2013, 10:12 AM
SO
they are kosher werewolves?

i confuse...

asurfaholic
06-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Assuming you are a Christian...

So you are asking a serious question.

Honestly, I have no idea. My worldview is basically that God created this earth, everything on it, and everyone on it. He created man in his image, and woman to accompany man. The man is given the choice of whether or not to believe in God, and lives accordingly.

As far as how God operates in relation to other faiths, the Bible is clear that God loves everyone equally and dearly ( see John 3;16-21) so much that he sent his son to die for us. I don't know the answer to your question, and thankfully I don't need to know the answer. I do trust that the God who created everything, even time itself, has a good answer to your question.

Me? I'm not a biblical expert, I don't claim to be a good Christian, but I don't judge others for thier lack of faith, or belief in a different religion. I am big enough to admit that I dont know all the answers.

I believe in right and wrong, and my understanding of the Bible tells me that you should forgive those who wrong you, and not to kill. So my guess is that God would not be too happy about this martyr...

kcchiefs6465
06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
So you are asking a serious question.

Honestly, I have no idea. My worldview is basically that God created this earth, everything on it, and everyone on it. He created man in his image, and woman to accompany man. The man is given the choice of whether or not to believe in God, and lives accordingly.

As far as how God operates in relation to other faiths, the Bible is clear that God loves everyone equally and dearly ( see John 3;16-21) so much that he sent his son to die for us. I don't know the answer to your question, and thankfully I don't need to know the answer. I do trust that the God who created everything, even time itself, has a good answer to your question.

Me? I'm not a biblical expert, I don't claim to be a good Christian, but I don't judge others for thier lack of faith, or belief in a different religion. I am big enough to admit that I dont know all the answers.

I believe in right and wrong, and my understanding of the Bible tells me that you should forgive those who wrong you, and not to kill. So my guess is that God would not be too happy about this martyr...
Well, plus rep for the answer. I agree with a lot of it. It wasn't really a serious question, per se, I was more trying to point out that Allah isn't specific to a religion. (as I understand it) It is simply a meaning for the word "God" in Arabic. Christians use it, Jews, etc. People who don't necessarily avoid pork.

I was responding to when you said "I'm sure Allah would understand if a martyr took one of these to the gut..." trivially. The definition of a martyr is
1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.

Your use of Allah was referring to the Islamic version of God and I was just pointing out that if someone shot a Christian martyr, Allah (or "God" in Arabic, not necessarily the Islamic version) would probably understand and have mercy on that as well. If that is God, of course. I am not too good on religion either so perhaps I am wrong in my understanding but that is how I understand it. Allah, or God, or Dios or whatever someone else calls it surely would have mercy on a martyr. Especially in the second definition which is more the way I define the word, "martyr."

I wasn't trying to get deep into a message or derail the thread, I just don't understand why some people are so xenophobic. Not that you are, it was just how I read your post. Thanks for clarifying.

pcosmar
06-24-2013, 12:37 PM
It saddens me to think this diseased thinking goes on.

Though it may be necessary to kill,, on some occasions,, it should never be reveled in.
It should never be taken lightly, by anyone.

And the twised and warped religion that thinks that or teaches that is not the intent of any true faith but one.

And it is not one of the better known religions. Every faith I have known has a reverence a for life and,,and every one affirms that Murder is wrong.

Except for one. :(

Danan
06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Arabs ? what are there 9 million of them ? Mostly , just in 7 Countries ? Egypt, Iraq,Saudi,Sudan,Algeria,Yemen , Syria ?...... :) Well , I gotta admit , those Sudanese look untrustworthy , LOL

The total number of Arabs living in the Arab nations is 366,117,749. The total number lining in non-Arab majority states is 17,474,000. The worldwide total is 383,591,749.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_people#Arab_population

Antischism
06-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah.....because only hick southerners are racist xenophobes stereotyping Muslims. Once you get past the Mason-Dixon line, racism magically goes away, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZuZShxJq8M

Philhelm
06-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Not a bad idea. I'd like to see a Sword of Liberty +10 that does extra damage to tyrants.

anaconda
06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Probably a CIA front in Idaho, monitoring militia groups. I'm thinking gun enthusiasts in Idaho are more concerned about a tyrannical government than Muslims.

kcchiefs6465
06-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Probably a CIA front in Idaho, monitoring militia groups. I'm thinking gun enthusiasts in Idaho are more concerned about a tyrannical government than Muslims.
Spokane, Washington I believe is where it is and if they were really worried about something maybe they should look no further than the cops who are shooting people point blank in the head, remaining on the job, or the cops who are beating mentally disabled men to death for the precise crime of trying to buy a Snickers bar.

I've never been to the area, but I'd bet a dollar to a hundred you are more likely to see a terrorist than a Muslim out that way.

Ask Otto Zehm.

ETA: I stand corrected, story out of Spokane, Washington, company is from Idaho.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-24-2013, 07:00 PM
news like this always amuses me, people told to hate muslims by their government being criticized for hating muslims or moslems or mooslims whatever it is

idiom
06-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I have to imagine that getting killed by pork in the name of Jihad would get one into heaven even faster than just dying for Jihad.

kcchiefs6465
06-24-2013, 07:15 PM
news like this always amuses me, people told to hate muslims by their government being criticized for hating muslims or moslems or mooslims whatever it is
They are making pork paint infused bullets that are supposedly able to send Muslims to hell.

The stupidity and absurdity of such an endeavor deserves whatever criticisms comes their way.

Dr.3D
06-24-2013, 07:34 PM
According to the article, they only hate the ones that are killing people.