PDA

View Full Version : Rand discussion on MSNBC with author of New Republic article

jct74
06-22-2013, 10:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=4KUBiKHE0qM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=4KUBiKHE0qM

AlexAmore
06-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Wow, that was shockingly positive for MSNBC. I have no idea why would line up a Rand Paul topic on their show during this national immigration debate, considering Rand's friendly views of it.

VoluntaryAmerican
06-22-2013, 11:07 PM
That asshole spoke over the lady the entire time. Who gives a shit what that dude has to say? She was very positive about Rand.

jct74
06-22-2013, 11:10 PM
I wonder what they were discussing about The Judge in the previous segment, lol.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Toure' is a supreme dipshit.

TheTyke
06-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Huh.... the author seems to have some admiration for Rand. Seems like she didn't quite cooperate with the magazine's agenda, lol.

Sola_Fide
06-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Bunch of left right nonsense.

AlexAmore
06-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Huh.... the author seems to have some admiration for Rand. Seems like she didn't quite cooperate with the magazine's agenda, lol.

Rand Paul has a way with the ladies. I am convinced now.

anaconda
06-23-2013, 01:00 AM
I guess we can ask McSame & Mittens how being a moderate in your own party works out.

Occam's Banana
06-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I guess we can ask McSame & Mittens how being a moderate in your own party works out.

But it does work out. It works out great - for Democrats & big-gummint Republicans.

That's exactly why the jackhole in the OP vid was spouting that BS ...

randomname
06-23-2013, 01:53 AM
lol, he supposedly went to Howard University just to "offend black people" (4:00)

devil21
06-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Must be a rule that MSNBC can't just put out a segment that's entirely positive for a Republican. Gotta throw in the token "whacko-bird", "extremist" crap from some pundit that no one gives a shit about.

Btw, thread title made me think that Rand was in the segment himself talking with the article writer.

anaconda
06-23-2013, 02:10 AM
But it does work out. It works out great - for Democrats & big-gummint Republicans.

Not sure how getting your ass kicked in a general election is equivalent to "works out great."

Occam's Banana
06-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Not sure how getting your ass kicked in a general election is equivalent to "works out great."

McCain & Romney got the nomination precisely because they're big-government "moderate" types. At that point, it was a "no-lose" situation for Democrats & big-government Republicans. (Unless you actually imagine that there is any substantive difference between them.)

The drubbings McRomney received at the hands of Obama may have been a sore blow their private egos - and a huge personal disappointment to them as individuals - but that's neither here nor there. McRombama was certain to win, no matter what. So yes - for the purveyors of war, debt, etc., such a "heads we win, tail you lose" scenario is indeed the equivalent of "works out great" ...

anaconda
06-23-2013, 04:41 AM
McCain & Romney got the nomination precisely because they're big-government "moderate" types. At that point, it was a "no-lose" situation for Democrats & big-government Republicans. (Unless you actually imagine that there is any substantive difference between them.)

The drubbings McRomney received at the hands of Obama may have been a sore blow their private egos - and a huge personal disappointment to them as individuals - but that's neither here nor there. McRombama was certain to win, no matter what. So yes - for they purveyors of war, debt, etc., such a "heads we win, tail you lose" scenario is indeed the equivalent of "works out great" ...

Ah, now I see where you're coming from. You're looking at the bigger picture.

FriedChicken
06-23-2013, 07:14 AM
I don't know who the host is, so I could be completely wrong, but he seemed to have much more appreciation for her just honestly answering questions about the topic as opposed to the other dude who's only goal was to spin everything to a negative - even when he supposedly agreed with Rand on the topic he wanted to paint it as another reason not to like him.

Working Poor
06-23-2013, 07:36 AM
"McRombama"

Lololololol :D

ObiRandKenobi
06-23-2013, 10:47 AM
That Toure guy is obnoxious.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2013, 03:58 PM

That's exactly why the jackhole in the OP vid was spouting that BS ...
A Republican wanting to expand government is the best thing since sliced bread to the liberal media, especially if they got totalitarian sprinkles on top. That's why Christie and Jeb Bush are the darlings of MSNBC.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2013, 04:08 PM
lol, he supposedly went to Howard University just to "offend black people" (4:00)
The media certainly likes to frame it that way. Reason did a short reactions video to his speech and the majority did take something (positive) away from Rand's efforts. Of course, there's a significant number that you just simply cannot reach. They're not ready to be unplugged from the system to use some Matrix terminology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMIblb-oNE

FriedChicken
06-23-2013, 06:47 PM
That video, by reason, was pretty good. I wish it were like ... and hour longer ... interviewing students as they left the speech.