PDA

View Full Version : US Orders Hong Kong to Hand Snowden Over

green73
06-22-2013, 07:34 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs6UEGjmOIe9ZoqrvA9SX70yJeZpefo og-TJC0EQb2MhQm_8Nwbg
FEDS ORDER HONG KONG:
HAND HIM OVER (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/22/us-usa-security-snowden-charges-idUSBRE95K18220130622)

http://www.drudgereport.com/i/logo9.gif (http://www.drudgereport.com/)

phill4paul
06-22-2013, 07:42 PM
"If Hong Kong doesn't act soon, it will complicate our bilateral relations and raise questions about Hong Kong's commitment to the rule of law," a senior Obama administration official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Droit du seigneur and Prima Nocta were once "rule of law."

green73
06-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Droit du seigneur and Prima Nocta were once "rule of law."

‏@emptywheel

The Administration that won't prosecute James Clapper for lying to Congress is lecturing Hong Kong about the rule of law.

‏@emptywheel

The Admin that did not prosecute anyone for illegally wiretapping Americans is lecturing Hong Kong about rule of law.

BAllen
06-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Maybe China will tell them to fuck off.

DamianTV
06-22-2013, 07:49 PM
If the US does not call Snowden a Criminal, it would be an ADMISSION OF GUILT OF THE ENTIRE US GOVT.

opal
06-22-2013, 07:50 PM
and what right do the feds have to order Hong Kong do do anything? I hope they see it this way too.

phill4paul
06-22-2013, 07:51 PM
If the US does not call Snowden a Criminal, it would be an ADMISSION OF GUILT OF THE ENTIRE US GOVT.

There should be mass firings, not resignation, and criminal prosecutions. If Ron Paul had been president could you imagine the house sweep he could have done with these revelations?

DamianTV
06-22-2013, 08:40 PM
There should be mass firings, not resignation, and criminal prosecutions. If Ron Paul had been president could you imagine the house weep he could have done with these revelations?

Youre gonna need to keep that quote in your sig for some time. People fall back asleep very quickly.

---

None of this would have happened if the people had ANY measure of control over their Govt. I just cant believe how many people think MY privacy is something THEY can give or take away. As long as they get theirs. I hope they all fall in their Bathtubs, then get tazed by police for falling in their Bathtubs.

---

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again.

CPUd
06-22-2013, 08:52 PM
I think it was more like a request than an order.

But that wouldn't look as good in Drudge fonts.

Anti Federalist
06-22-2013, 08:55 PM
A Hypothetical Question or Two on Eduard Snowdenski

Posted by Michael S. Rozeff on June 22, 2013 01:58 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/140159.html

Suppose that during the Stalin regime in the USSR, Eduard Snowdenski was an analyst who worked for a bureau under the NKVD (People’s Commissariat of Internal Affairs). Suppose that he decided to reveal to the Russian people the extent of the NKVD domestic spying apparatus that peopled the Gulag, or Main Directorate for Corrective Labor Camps, with prisoners.

How should Snowdenski do this? Should he report through NKVD channels, or should he defect?

Do you regard Snowdenski as a traitor if he defects to America and reveals the extent of the Russian domestic spying program?

Is Snowdenski a hero?

What is your opinion of those in the Kremlin who demand Snowdenski's head?

If Snowdenski defected to America and the USSR charged him with espionage, would you consider the charge valid?

Should America extradite him to the USSR?

Anti Federalist
06-22-2013, 08:57 PM

LOL @ "requests".

When the Evil Empire "requests" something, the implied end of that request is "or else".

Fake, phony, formality, like asshole cops calling us "sir".

Anti Federalist
06-22-2013, 09:00 PM
There should be mass firings, not resignation, and criminal prosecutions. If Ron Paul had been president could you imagine the house sweep he could have done with these revelations?

And then they would have killed him deader than a bag of hammers.

Then...?

Not a politician, nor a statesman, nor a man of heroic courage and honesty, is going to bring salvation from this Evil Empire.

That's for us to do.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2013, 09:02 PM
LOL @ "requests".

When the Evil Empire "requests" something, the implied end of that request is "or else".

OR ELSE... our government won't borrow anymore money from them. ROFL

phill4paul
06-22-2013, 09:05 PM
LOL @ "requests".

"There may be a problem."

green73
06-22-2013, 09:06 PM
LOL @ "requests".

It's so inspiring to see how many defenders of the regime we have here. "Listen, that's not literally what they said!" Clueless fucks.

Working Poor
06-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Lol or maybe decide not to make payment...

Anti Federalist
06-22-2013, 09:15 PM

That we'll turn around and use to buy electronic components from you, for our prisoners to assemble, to build missiles to blow your asses back to the Stone Age.

green73
06-22-2013, 09:33 PM
The long extradition battle begins
He is in a safe house after US lodges espionage charges against him

Edward Snowden, the American who revealed the existence of secret surveillance programmes operated by the US and Britain, is reportedly sheltering in a Hong Kong safe house, bracing himself to become the subject of a lengthy legal wrangle over his extradition. On Friday night, US authorities filed espionage and theft charges against him.

Last night, outgoing White House National Security Adviser Tom Donilon confirmed that the US had begun to seek Mr Snowden's extradition from Hong Kong. Another source said the US had asked Hong Kong to detain Mr Snowden on a provisional arrest warrant. US prosecutors now have 60 days to file an indictment and can then take steps to secure Mr Snowden's extradition from Hong Kong to stand trial in the US.

There is, according to US law enforcement officials, "an active extradition relationship between Hong Kong and the United States". But Mr Snowden could contest extradition on grounds of political persecution. Mark Sutherland, a Hong Kong lawyer, said the filing of a refugee, torture or inhuman punishment claim acts as an automatic bar on any extradition proceedings until those claims can be assessed. "Some asylum-seekers came to Hong Kong 10 years ago and still haven't had their protection claims assessed," Mr Sutherland said.

Hong Kong is part of China but has wide-ranging autonomy, including an independent judiciary, and rights and freedoms not seen on mainland China. However, under the city's mini constitution, Beijing is allowed to intervene in matters involving defence and diplomatic affairs. Some Chinese legislators said any extradition decision should be up to the Chinese government.

cont
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-the-long-extradition-battle-begins-8669749.html

bunklocoempire
06-22-2013, 09:50 PM
So how is the U.S. government protecting my individual rights from an invasive tyrannical government with this?

Oh Leviathan you crazy beast you. Piss off until you can actually do your job. :mad:

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Thread title fix-"US government orders Hong Kong government to hand Snowden over".

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 09:55 PM
LOL @ "requests".

This^^ The answer to "what happens if we don't, Uncle Sam?" is "a fleet of bombers and a few hundred tons of missiles and bombs on your asses, mundanes".

KEEF
06-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Youre gonna need to keep that quote in your sig for some time. People fall back asleep very quickly.

---

None of this would have happened if the people had ANY measure of control over their Govt. I just cant believe how many people think MY privacy is something THEY can give or take away. As long as they get theirs. I hope they all fall in their Bathtubs, then get tazed by police for falling in their Bathtubs.

---

If you don't mind phill4paul, I put it in my signature too.

green73
06-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Thread title fix-"US government orders Hong Kong government to hand Snowden over".

The US is the government. I don't know what the name of the country is, America?

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2013, 10:00 PM
President Drone, His Spying-Lying Gun Runner, and 'TEAM 1984' demand Snowden be turned-over.

So what's the alternative?

Send in the CIA Economic 'HITMEN'?
Send in assassins to protect freedom?
Send in a Naval Battle group?
Have the United Nations conjure-up U.N. resolution 1973 aka Boom the fuckin shit out of your country and kill your government?
Send Mi5, CIA, DIA, CFR into Hong Kong to start a false flag Sectarian War between Chinese genes?

The Evil Empire requests... or else!

phill4paul
06-22-2013, 10:00 PM
If you don't mind phill4paul, I put it in my signature too.

I don't mind. I did change the original quote and added an "s" to "weep." :o

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 10:02 PM
The US is the government. I don't know what the name of the country is, America?
The US is an inanimate noun-a geographical place. It cannot "transitive verb" in the sense that a regime can (or in any other way really significant to Human Action). /grammar and usage nazi

phill4paul
06-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Bring him home. Let us know the facility. Kokesh march on D.C.? If I could get even 25 brothers to march on the detention center.

green73
06-22-2013, 10:09 PM
The US is an inanimate noun-a geographical place. It cannot "transitive verb" in the sense that a regime can (or in any other way really significant to Human Action). /grammar and usage nazi

Hell of a sentence, grammar nazi. What I meant to say is the "US" is the name of the federal gov't. So, it's ok to use it as it is in the thread title.

phill4paul
06-22-2013, 10:11 PM

http://www.johnnythefool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Lighten-Up-Francis.jpeg

Origanalist
06-22-2013, 10:43 PM
This^^ The answer to "what happens if we don't, Uncle Sam?" is "a fleet of bombers and a few hundred tons of missiles and bombs on your asses, mundanes".

The US military complex is not going to directly attack China. They prefer much smaller prey.

green73
06-22-2013, 10:48 PM
The US military complex is not going to directly attack China. They prefer much smaller prey.

True, but when the dollar implodes this may be their "world war".

Origanalist
06-22-2013, 10:49 PM
True, but when the dollar implodes this may be their "world war".

That's a ugly thought.

satchelmcqueen
06-22-2013, 11:03 PM
the US government is once again being hypocritical. theyre trying to use the "follow the law" argument now?

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Most likely. But the threat will be there. Much like the mobster warning you about having an "accident" if you're not careful. *wink wink nudge nudge*

green73
06-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Most likely. But the threat will be there. Much like the mobster warning you about having an "accident" if you're not careful. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Yeah like China is sooo scared. Who are the smartest kids at every university? You think the US has anything on them?

(Oh sorry...the US gov't).

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Hell of a sentence, grammar nazi. What I meant to say is the "US" is the name of the federal gov't. So, it's ok to use it as it is in the thread title.
Ah, yes. That's true that "The United States" is a legal entity and its members act collectively under that title. Semantically and colloquially, though, people tend to use "US" and "the United States" to describe both the nation of people and the State. IMO, it's important to distinguish between the nation and the State because they are normally at odds with one another (except when some members of the nation become cronies and "do business" with the State and certain other instances). Allowing people and State to become mostly synonymous is very Orwellian and creepy...leading people to use the collective "We" to describe government as an actor.

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah like China is sooo scared. Who are the smartest kids at every university? You think the US has anything on them?

(Oh sorry...the US gov't).
Does the most ginormous military the world has ever known count? Last I checked, the US military has the capability to flatten mainland China several times over.

green73
06-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Does the most ginormous military the world has ever known count? Last I checked, the US military has the capability to flatten mainland China several times over.

Do you know what they have?

Carlybee
06-22-2013, 11:30 PM
They won't have to threaten China. They will just threaten to execute Snowden's family. That's how they roll.

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Do you know what they have?
I have not done an inventory check, no. My dad's always been into shows/documentaries about teh military, so I have a very general idea. And I hear about war toys the government buys once in a while in teh news. Couldn't tell you the specifics off my head. I could search the interwebz if I were so inclined...

bolil
06-23-2013, 01:00 AM
I've never met a Chinese individual that I did not like or was not impressed with. That being said, MERICA
!

Only Chinese I've ever met have been workers like myself. The guy I am thinking of was an incredible worker and would have been equally so a friend.

Just like I consider myself innocent of my 'rulers' machinations so do many Chinese.

I remember talking shit about the boxer rebellion and he said to me, "are you proud of this?" I replied, "I am not proud of anything my government does." He then said, to me, "Me neither."

Occam's Banana
06-23-2013, 01:06 AM

Yeah, sure, it was a "request" - in the same way that Darth Vader might "request" that construction crews for the Death Star "get a move on" ...

AngryCanadian
06-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Edward Snowden has left China to Moscow, Surely Kerry boy and Obama arent going to start a WW over him or Syria?

better-dead-than-fed
06-23-2013, 01:51 AM
Edward Snowden has left China to Moscow....

-> http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1267261/snowden-leaves-hong-kong-commercial-flight-moscow

Asked if he had been offered asylum by the Russian government, he said: ‘My only comment is that I am glad there are governments that refuse to be intimidated by great power’.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1259508/edward-snowden-us-government-has-been-hacking-hong-kong-and-china

tod evans
06-23-2013, 02:16 AM
They won't have to threaten China. They will just threaten to execute Snowden's family. That's how they roll.

Why do you think they paraded his father in front of the cameras?

kcchiefs6465
06-23-2013, 04:12 AM
Yessah Boss. Anything else you fancy?

"Pimps and prostitutes" subjecting themselves to the whims of the United States. (to paraphrase)