PDA

View Full Version : Did Open Primaries Cause Romney To Win Republican Nomination?

Working Poor
06-22-2013, 08:56 AM
What do you think?

tod evans
06-22-2013, 09:02 AM
I think a tacit agreement between the RNC and MSM is what kept the good Dr. from getting it...

Working Poor
06-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Many liberals that I blog with said they were going to vote for Romney in states that allow open Primaries

KEEF
06-22-2013, 09:27 AM
The fix was in before it even started. I don't think it would had mattered.

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 09:30 AM
I worked directly with one of the Romney delegates and hacked his email.(between him and nathan sproul) The RNC from the beginning did not want us involved. They were going to coronate romney from the beginning. I tried posting the emails here back then but everyone screamed bloody murder that is was a crime. I don't care, manipulating votes is a crime, and this made it provable without a shadow of a doubt.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/170198/gop-quietly-hires-firm-tied-voter-fraud-scandal-work-battleground-states#axzz2WxXkXhOa

This is the douchbag right here - Leigh Richard Adelmann.
http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2012/02/22/cop_romney22_t620.jpg?161ad8e426d1312361ed5892fdc1 21cdf327258d

He ripped me of for almost 1500 dollars so I told him give me the money and I'll give you your email. He didn't and I kept it. He DIRECTLY met with, and worked with Nathan.

He has a wrap sheet including and not limited to massive fraud himself, and possibly a chomo charge in kentucky. You can call him if you would like I have his cell number. :)

thoughtomator
06-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Romney's winning formula was big money + GOP insider-driven fraud + media control

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Romney's winning formula was big money + GOP insider-driven fraud + media control

They run the show, it isn't money it's power. It doesn't take money to get lemmings to do your work. They did it for free and paid Romney. Is this your first election cycle ?

Their exact words were "Watch out for the Paul people. We will have them kicked out, arrested or removed in anyway possible", "if they are allowed in they will drain money and possibly embarrass the party.""We will have professionals hired to teach everyone roberts rules, if we allow them to speak they will change the chair" (Melissa shilling -head of arizonas chapter for strategic allied)

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 09:47 AM
What do you think?

Do you believe you vote is counted ? In any election. If so do you then just believe that you are the only smart person and everyone else is just dumb and or asleep ?

Carson
06-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Since when have we had Primaries that were open?

Were people paying attention?

The honest hard earned dollar hasn't had a voice in anything since the 60's.

KEEF
06-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Do you believe you vote is counted ? In any election. If so do you then just believe that you are the only smart person and everyone else is just dumb and or asleep ?

I don't even think my vote as a delegate counted.

donnay
06-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Does anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh-vEe9T9Ec

Source:
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/06/obama-confirms-conspiracy-to-oust-ron.html

Working Poor
06-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Actually I am pretty sure my vote doesn't count I was just thinking out loud I guess...

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-22-2013, 10:26 AM
the RNC cheating at every turn was why Romney won the nomination. People need to take their heads out of their asses and realize the election was a bona fide fraud. This doesn't mean every election is, but this one was. The RNC already made their decision on who was going to win the nomination before the the nomination even began.

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Actually I am pretty sure my vote doesn't count I was just thinking out loud I guess...

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just asking. When I voted for Paul it was the only vote I know even counted, but just wasn't counted.

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 10:35 AM
the RNC cheating at every turn was why Romney won the nomination. People need to take their heads out of their asses and realize the election was a bona fide fraud. This doesn't mean every election is, but this one was. The RNC already made their decision on who was going to win the nomination before the the nomination even began.

If that's true, why would they want to lose ? You're on the right path but I bet you won't guess this one!

ctiger2
06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
It was ignorance and apathy of the American people which allowed Obamney to win.

Carson
06-22-2013, 10:49 AM

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/asshat.jpg

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 10:51 AM
It was ignorance and apathy of the American people which allowed Obamney to win.

So basically everyone else is a moron but u/us ? That's pretty arrogant.

MelissaWV
06-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Since when have we had Primaries that were open?

Were people paying attention?

The honest hard earned dollar hasn't had a voice in anything since the 60's.

"Open primary" is a specific term with an actual meaning, which is what is being referred to in the OP.

As to my answer, no, I don't think that's what caused Romney to win the nomination this past time, nor do I think it's what caused McCain to win it the time before that. I do not go as far as most others in thinking that there is absolutely no point and there's a fix in from the beginning that makes things inevitable. I just believe that the RNC likes to make sure it owns all the horses in the race, just like the democrats own all the major horses in their races. Ron was a variable they did not control, therefore they made sure to not let the spotlight get on him, even if that meant taking some of his same ideas and having them come out of Romney or Perry or whoever else's mouth. I don't even think it's a deliberate effort to marginalize, but instead to promote everyone else over Ron. Smearing him would have given him press. Ignoring him makes him a blurry memory to most people.

In the end the frontrunners all have just about the same ideas and the same chance of implementing them. They just each have a slightly different focus. If McCain had won, the louder focus would be on the war drums and energy (drill baby drill); we got Obama so we got a focus on healthcare and social issues, with the same out of control spending. McCain would have still tossed money out quietly to his constituents and continued entitlements. Obama has still tossed money at wars and foreign policy relationships, but that's not what people focus on with him. It is all the same in the end.

So no, I don't blame open primaries.

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 11:01 AM
"Open primary" is a specific term with an actual meaning, which is what is being referred to in the OP.

As to my answer, no, I don't think that's what caused Romney to win the nomination this past time, nor do I think it's what caused McCain to win it the time before that. I do not go as far as most others in thinking that there is absolutely no point and there's a fix in from the beginning that makes things inevitable. I just believe that the RNC likes to make sure it owns all the horses in the race, just like the democrats own all the major horses in their races. Ron was a variable they did not control, therefore they made sure to not let the spotlight get on him, even if that meant taking some of his same ideas and having them come out of Romney or Perry or whoever else's mouth. I don't even think it's a deliberate effort to marginalize, but instead to promote everyone else over Ron. Smearing him would have given him press. Ignoring him makes him a blurry memory to most people.

In the end the frontrunners all have just about the same ideas and the same chance of implementing them. They just each have a slightly different focus. If McCain had won, the louder focus would be on the war drums and energy (drill baby drill); we got Obama so we got a focus on healthcare and social issues, with the same out of control spending. McCain would have still tossed money out quietly to his constituents and continued entitlements. Obama has still tossed money at wars and foreign policy relationships, but that's not what people focus on with him. It is all the same in the end.

TL;DR Well maybe you could until 2016. You have a voice, and followers, and and now are discrediting this wonderful democracy. Maybe you can just say that it didn't work out, and try harder next time.

KEEF
06-22-2013, 11:03 AM

What about then the removal of ballots? Ron Paul winning the Iowa Straw Pole, but not, but then when it didn't matter, it came out that he really did? The removal of a whole state deligation (i.e. Maine)? What about the scripted GOP convention ala John boehner?

I definitely believe the fix was in.

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 11:04 AM
What about then the removal of ballots? Ron Paul winning the Iowa Straw Pole, but not, but then when it didn't matter, it came out that he really did? The removal of a whole state deligation (i.e. Maine)? What about the scripted GOP convention ala John boehner?

That's basically in more eloquent terms what she was implying.

MelissaWV
06-22-2013, 11:06 AM

The fix was not in for Romney. It was in for non-Paul.

KEEF
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
The fix was not in for Romney. It was in for non-Paul.

Agree, but I think Romney had that Ken doll look about him that the GOP needed

ClydeCoulter
06-22-2013, 11:16 AM
If that's true, why would they want to lose ? You're on the right path but I bet you won't guess this one!

Spit it out, already :D

AngryCanadian
06-22-2013, 11:28 AM
The fix was in before it even started. I don't think it would had mattered.

I had a feeling Romney would be the pick since 08.

Keith and stuff
06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Paul did better in open or semi-open primaries than closed primary states. Look at NH. Look at VT. Look at VA. If anything, open primaries really helped Paul. His ideas were more popular with Republican leaning independent voters than registered Republican voters.

My question is, why do/did you think open primaries helped Romney?

Working Poor
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Google the term: "open primary" if you do not know about it. Basically it means people can vote in primaries even if they are not members of the party they are registered in.

I saw an article todays on vote fraud in the republican party at a liberal site. It wasn't about the primary electionbut several libs bragged aboutvoting for Romney and santorum in the primary because they knew they could not win against Obama.

KEEF
06-22-2013, 12:28 PM
I had a feeling Romney would be the pick since 08.

Yeah, me too. Makes me wonder why the GOP made such a hard push for McCain back in 08 and not just get there Romney fix then?

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Google the term: "open primary" if you do not know about it. Basically it means people can vote in primaries even if they are not members of the party they are registered in.

I saw an article todays on vote fraud in the republican party at a liberal site. It wasn't about the primary electionbut several libs bragged aboutvoting for Romney and santorum in the primary because they knew they could not win against Obama.

Who paid the people to vote for Romney? And can you prove they ever thought Romney would win, because public polling suggest you would have to be missing a brain to think Romney had a chance against Obama. He was perfect for the narrative... Rich businessman that "worked hard" and was a "devout religious" man. That's all that mattered. Mitt Romney would of never of won a popularity contest against Barack. But if you think your vote doesn't matter you are probably not the only one. I think most people are realizing the entire thing is a show.

We fund them to take everything from us, nothing more.

Most of the people here now just spin in circles looking for conspiracies to prove to them what they already know and realize but are afraid to openly admit. It's starting to make my head hurt.

talkingpointes
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
The best question though of all is -- Rand was hooked up with McConnel in 2010. There is no way in hell they hadn't discussed the election. Also if anyone is so blind to think that didn't Benton practically and purposefully sunk the 2012 campaign to reassure Rands chances of immediate stardom -- effectively trying to hand off Paul supporters in the political realm than you would just have to be crazy.

Benton is now called for whenever anyone needs that "homegrown, grassroots" quality. Just keep that and the fact he "volunteered" a ton of debt to Paul to "start off the campaign".

Article from a few days ago: Just look at the body language.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/us/politics/tea-for-2-kentucky-senators-in-a-marriage-of-convenience.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"He slipped out of his office, cast a “no” vote and returned. “The irony is that McConnell had helped Rand get the issue to the floor for a vote,” Mr. Massie said. Bringing attention to a favorite cause was all Mr. Paul wanted. Mr. McConnell’s voting against it did not seem to agitate Mr. Paul in the slightest, Mr. Massie said. "

I really hope it was worth it.

Meanwhile, Mr. McConnell seems to have neutralized threats from his right. Tea Party leaders have few prospects for a viable primary candidate. Ms. Durand, rather disdainfully, pointed to a McConnell fund-raising promotion with the slogan “Stand With Rand and Mitch.”

Definately not fundraising for the party...

Keith and stuff
06-22-2013, 01:21 PM

It's true. Some liberals encouraged people to vote Santorum to embarrass Romney. Then there were the Blue Republicans encouraging Democrats to vote for Ron Paul. Thank goodness for the open primaries or Paul would have done a lot worse.