PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck likes on Facebook = Ron Paul+Rand Pauls

randpaul2016
06-21-2013, 02:49 PM
His page was sponsored and popped up on my news stream. Clicked on it to see he has 2.3 million likes and 6 friends like his page. 8 like Ron Paul btw. Assuming most those likes are from having his own TV show.

After looking through his posts, I believe he is definitely on our side...

bashing Marco Rubio in a post and posted this
"Met with Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and a few other good guys yesterday at TheBlaze's event in D.C. Get a full recap and photos here: http://bit.ly/11vM8e8"

Rand Paul also posted this on Wednesday:
"Always a pleasure to spend time with my friend Glenn Beck. Today, while in Washington he stopped by for a great visit."
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005862_10151582048756107_834340553_n.jpg

second time Rand Paul posts a picture of them 2

cajuncocoa
06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Not this again.

schiffheadbaby
06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Flame?

CaseyJones
06-21-2013, 03:08 PM
don't put glenn beck threads in liberty activism

mad cow
06-21-2013, 03:10 PM
How many does Lady Gaga have?

AlexAmore
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow Rand Paul is 3 years from running for president and already he's about to beat his dad in Facebook likes. Considering 3 years is like eternity in social media, I suspect this will be a much bigger deal than even in 2012.

AuH20
06-21-2013, 04:16 PM
His page was sponsored and popped up on my news stream. Clicked on it to see he has 2.3 million likes and 6 friends like his page. 8 like Ron Paul btw. Assuming most those likes are from having his own TV show.

After looking through his posts, I believe he is definitely on our side...

bashing Marco Rubio in a post and posted this
"Met with Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and a few other good guys yesterday at TheBlaze's event in D.C. Get a full recap and photos here: http://bit.ly/11vM8e8"

Rand Paul also posted this on Wednesday:
"Always a pleasure to spend time with my friend Glenn Beck. Today, while in Washington he stopped by for a great visit."
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005862_10151582048756107_834340553_n.jpg

second time Rand Paul posts a picture of them 2

He's definitely with Rand. I don't think he thought Ron's "all or nothing" approach was going to go anywhere, in terms of securing the presidency.

rpfocus
06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
F*@K Glenn Beck.

TheGrinch
06-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Wow Rand Paul is 3 years from running for president and already he's about to beat his dad in Facebook likes. Considering 3 years is like eternity in social media, I suspect this will be a much bigger deal than even in 2012.

It is certainly positive that he continues to reach out and grow a bigger base, but I think it's worth noting that he wouldn't have gained nearly the popularity if not for the base and ideas that his father grew from basically none when he started. Not to mention that there's probably a ton of overlap between their likes, with the difference being that Rand is still in office and thus more likely to grow his numbers substantially.

I do think that Rand's approach is bringing him success, but I think it has just as much to do with Ron getting us over the tipping point to where our ideas cannot be ignored anymore.

Oh and as for: "After looking through his posts, I believe he is definitely on our side", the only thing he is definitely, is a talking head sensationalist who will probably throw us under the bus again when it comes time to be a good soldier and tow the party line.

Catering to the increasingly popular liberty movement does not mean that someone is definitely on our side. It means they see which way the wind is blowing and definitely want our ratings.

angelatc
06-21-2013, 05:01 PM
http://www.outofthefog.net/Movies/CharlieBrown/football8.jpg

cajuncocoa
06-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Rand is speaking to a whole different (and larger) group of people.

TheGrinch
06-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Rand is speaking to a whole different (and larger) group of people.

Right, and as I mentioned earlier, he's also benefitting from what his dad grew into the coalition we see today, not to mention quite a bit of overlap of those same supporters.

So I don't think "beat" is the right way to put it. His dad's given him a headstart he never had, which is more likely to be built on as Rand stays in the public eye as Ron limits his involvement largely to the private sphere out of the spotilight.

Hopefully AA didn't meant it like that, but there's no doubt that Rand would have to do far more to get his name (and our shared ideas) out there without Ron starting what he's carrying on. That's not to say that his popularity is just due to the Paul name, things like the filibuster and his differing approaches have helped grow his numbers for sure, but more to the point is that it's not a contest between the two, it's just a continuation of the growth of the movement Ron started.

TheGrinch
06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Though I will say that I share some's concerns about why the media is all of the sudden gone Rand crazy, whereas they just ignored Ron and called him an "unelectable kook". There's no doubt that has an effect on popularity, and I still can't figure out why. To me, there's a few alternatives that seem feasible:

1) they see the way the wind is blowing, and cannot ignore it without people wondering why.

2) Rand has been corrupted (I find this harder to believe, though I hope he continues to limit his compromises to when it's absolutely necessary over the alternative. He's just been too much of a thorn in their side for me to accept that at this juncture, but I don't trust the media, so will be paying attention)

3) TPTB are setting it up to where if/when he does win the office, that they can make libertarianism seem responsible for the inevitable collapse, "We tried it your way..."

4) to continue to keep the country divided, as the more that Rand gains popularity, the more the liberals despise him.

I dunno, I just know that the media doesn't prop up honest politicians without having an alterior motive.

Antischism
06-21-2013, 06:12 PM
This says more about Rand than it does Glenn Beck.

randpaul2016
06-23-2013, 12:22 PM
It is certainly positive that he continues to reach out and grow a bigger base, but I think it's worth noting that he wouldn't have gained nearly the popularity if not for the base and ideas that his father grew from basically none when he started. Not to mention that there's probably a ton of overlap between their likes, with the difference being that Rand is still in office and thus more likely to grow his numbers substantially.

I do think that Rand's approach is bringing him success, but I think it has just as much to do with Ron getting us over the tipping point to where our ideas cannot be ignored anymore.

Oh and as for: "After looking through his posts, I believe he is definitely on our side", the only thing he is definitely, is a talking head sensationalist who will probably throw us under the bus again when it comes time to be a good soldier and tow the party line.

Catering to the increasingly popular liberty movement does not mean that someone is definitely on our side. It means they see which way the wind is blowing and definitely want our ratings.

I'm not a fan of Glenn Beck so I am not aware of his actions during the 2012 campaign. I kinda take back 'he is on our side' thing?

randpaul2016
06-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Glenn Beck ‏@glennbeck 4m
Both parties are a scam. A few real people in each. Most vote party over principles. Get away from both. Unite on The bill of civil rights.