PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 59 percent want women drafted

green73
06-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Nearly sixty percent of Americans believe women should be eligible for the military draft, according to a new poll released Friday.

The results come on the heels of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's decision to open up the ranks of the U.S. special operations forces to female soldiers, sailors and Marines.

Sixty-one percent of women polled by Florida-based CapitalSoup.com and the Mason-Dixon Polling and Research firm want the draft opened up to women, compared to 35 percent of men.

Only 35 percent of female voters believed the military draft should remain closed to women, according to the poll, released Friday.

Four percent of women said they were undecided compared to two percent of men.

Democrats are more likely to support drafting women than Republicans, according to the poll of 1,000 registered voters.

Eighty percent of registered Democrats support drafting women compared to 53 percent of registered Republicans.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/army/307047-poll-majority-of-americans-support-women-in-military-draft

Contumacious
06-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/army/307047-poll-majority-of-americans-support-women-in-military-draft

The ONLY way we are going to stop unnecessary wars is when lily white republican girls share foxholes with Afro-American male GI's.

Yep, that's the ticket.

Lucille
06-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Of course they should be. They wanted equality, and they should get it. It wouldn't be fair if they were exempt from involuntary military servitude.

EBounding
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Sounds perfect. Let's send the teenage girls to get ground up and killed in a worthless desert for an even more worthless group of politicians.

Pericles
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Any society that does that to its women does not deserve to survive, and should be consigned to the rubbish bin of history.

cajuncocoa
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't want anyone drafted, but it's only fair to do this if there is going to be one.

Contumacious
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Any society that does that to its women does not deserve to survive, and should be consigned to the rubbish bin of history.

My point precisely.

We don't want our girls in the AfPak region nor in Iran , so let's quit the bullshiite.....

Commerce with all nations entangling alliances with NONE

NIU Students for Liberty
06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Too bad the poll didn't include the "I don't want anyone drafted" option.

Xenliad
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Interesting that they don't poll support/opposition to the draft itself. This one from 2007 is 18/80 http://www.gallup.com/poll/28642/vast-majority-americans-opposed-reinstituting-military-draft.aspx

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
While there are some idiots that think it's pro-woman to have women drafted too or have them on the front lines, I don't think the rest should suffer for the stupidity of a few. When women served in WW2 in Russia they were usually snipers or pilots.

kcchiefs6465
06-21-2013, 12:48 PM
This.

I was just coming to say that this shows how morally backwards and fucked up a society we truly are. I am glad I am not the only one who sees this.

klamath
06-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Any society that does that to its women does not deserve to survive, and should be consigned to the rubbish bin of history. Sad but true. Generally in armies around the world women were kept from the meat grinder MOS's but that is about to change. Women that never wanted to serve in down and dirty combat will have no choice once the need to fill the depleted combat MOS's happens. "Cross leveling" I believe it is called...

Anti Federalist
06-21-2013, 01:30 PM

I cannot rep that enough.

This society is sick.

nano1895
06-21-2013, 01:59 PM
They might not be making the connection between being drafted and that meaning you might be drafted into the front lines. Although that's what being drafted means. Even though it's an anonymous poll women who answer this question might feel more inclined to answer "yes" since it feels like the patriotic thing to answer.

Women make up over 50% of "society" so I find it interesting to label societies as disgusting that feel like it's women do not "deserve to survive." Indeed if you look at the poll most of the weight of the majority vote is from women, 61% from women, 35% from men. I don't really have alot of information to make a judgement of whether women should be on the frontlines or not. But I have my doubts, mainly from a testimony that I watched from a woman who did some work on the frontlines under some unit, and she said that she was the best athlete in her school/college and that at the end she had several long term debilitating medical issues from the workload / stress. She said that even the best top conditioned woman would struggle just because of the difference of the bodies of men and women.

thoughtomator
06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPgFYxmXfFE

I<3Liberty
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
As others have said -- the poll needs a "I don't want anyone drafted" option. The draft is unconstitutional and wrong in so many ways.

donnay
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Whoa! Why wait for a draft... sign up now, ladies! Just do me a favor, make sure that is an independent, voluntary choice and not one that is meant that you are speaking for me and my daughters and sisters.

Women are so freaking brainwashed anymore. How can they call for equality when they don't even have a penis!! Arrgh!

ZENemy
06-21-2013, 02:15 PM
This is unreal

Scaling back is the answer, lets cancel all wars, this is getting out of hand. Someone needs to stand up and talk some sense into these people. I dont get what its going to take.

Nobexliberty
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM
What, women don't belong in foxholes. My nation began using elections in 1718 because 1/20th of the swedish population died fighting a war they were forced to fight.Would have been higher without the military mastermind of Charles the XII.

supermario21
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Let them defend the state they want to support and keep expanding.

matt0611
06-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't actually want any women drafted to go to war but I would actually like them to have to register because maybe it will start to wake people up and make them thing about how evil the draft is.

I don't want anyone drafted, it should be abolished, its involuntary servitude.

anaconda
06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I would prefer a 100% female military.

oyarde
06-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Sick the world has become . I have done my part to keep it from that .I failed. I must resign from the public to my modest estate where sanity still prevails.

Occam's Banana
06-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Too bad the poll didn't include the "I don't want anyone drafted" option.

Of course it didn't. That option does not fit on the 3-by-5 index card of approved opinion. (h/t Tom Woods)

Weston White
06-22-2013, 12:44 AM
And next on the list is… Children! They do make the best killing machines after all.

VIDEODROME
06-22-2013, 01:42 AM
And next on the list is… Children! They do make the best killing machines after all.

They'll just wire up the XBox One to the Drones.

bolil
06-22-2013, 01:43 AM
59 percent of those polled are also raving homicidal lunatics. I guess the FASCIST SSM will leave that part out.

Nobexliberty
06-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Women should not be soldiers they should make soldiers!

One Last Battle!
06-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Well, if there's going to be a draft at all, why not? If anything, women ending up the way men did after Vietnam would end support for the draft in about a week.

tod evans
06-22-2013, 08:30 AM
People who are to old to be drafted (like me) should have no say-so as to whether or not there's a draft.

Old farts voting to send kids to their death is insane!

Origanalist
06-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Well, if there's going to be a draft at all, why not? If anything, women ending up the way men did after Vietnam would end support for the draft in about a week.

Don't be so sure, it's all for the fatherland comrade!