PDA

View Full Version : Cruz Launches National Petition Against Gang of 8 Bill

AuH20
06-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Well, what do you know? He does something dumb today and counters it with a gem. Neither neocon nor libertarian I guess.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/20/Ted-Cruz-Launches-National-Petition-Against-Gang-of-Eight-s-Amnesty-Bill

AuH20
06-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Move this to the general forum.

lib3rtarian
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
This is him building political capital to push his shady neocon agenda. Foreign policy is the ultimate litmus test, my friend.

FSP-Rebel
06-21-2013, 10:24 AM
My thoughts on Cruz is that he's creating a slightly different image of himself than Rand. Rand will continue to unveil his libertarian streak on civil liberties and foreign policy and Cruz will seem reasonably more hawkish than him in a way that the two of them have the broadest support across the entire republican spectrum also allowing Rand to peel off indies and disillusioned democrats. They will be an unbeatable general election ticket. Cruz is on our side.

jmdrake
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
You can't be a neocon and be against amnesty for illegal immigrants? That's news to me...and probably to a lot of neocons as well. Glad he's doing this, but I still wouldn't support him for dogcatcher.

AuH20
06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
You can't be a neocon and be against amnesty for illegal immigrants? That's news to me...and probably to a lot of neocons as well. Glad he's doing this, but I still wouldn't support him for dogcatcher.

Neoconservatives don't believe in borders. It's part of their creed. Look at some of the most notorious proponents of amnesty and cheap labor. McCain, Graham, the Bushes, now Rubio