PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post whip count: Already 58 likely yes votes for immigration reform in Senate

RonPaulFanInGA
06-20-2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/06/20/the-senate-immigration-bill-whip-list/

YES (50)
45 Democratic senators
Ayotte (R-N.H.) – announced support
Flake (R-Ariz.) – Gang of Eight member, voted yes in committee
Graham (R-S.C.) – Gang of Eight member, voted yes in committee
Kirk (R-Ill.) – announced support
McCain (R-Ariz.) – Gang of Eight member

LIKELY YES (8)
Corker (R-Tenn.) – crafted border security deal
Hatch (R-Utah) – voted yes in committee
Hoeven (R-N.D.) – crafted border security deal
Murkowski (R-Alaska)
Rubio (R-Fla.) – Gang of Eight member
Begich (D-Alaska) – up for reeleection in 2014
Landrieu (D-La.) – up for reeleection in 2014, voted against 2007 bill
Pryor (D-Ark.) - up for reeleection in 2014, voted against 2007 bill

POTENTIALLY YES (6)
Alexander (R-Tenn.)
Blunt (R-Mo.)
Chambliss (R-Ga.) – retiring
Collins (R-Maine)
Heller (R-Nev.)
Johanns (R-Neb.) – retiring

UNDETERMINED (19)
Burr (R-N.C.)
Chiesa (R-N.J.) – temporary appointee
Coats (R-Ind.)
Coburn (R-Okla.)
Fischer (R-Neb.)
Isakson (R-Ga.)
Johnson (R-Wis.)
McConnell (R-Ky.) – up for reelection in 2014
Moran (R-Kan.)
Portman (R-Ohio)
Thune (R-S.D.)
Toomey (R-Pa.)
Wicker (R-Miss.)
Baucus (D-Mont.) – retiring, voted against 2007 bill
Hagan (D-N.C.) – up for reeleection in 2014
Johnson (D-S.D.) – retiring
Manchin (D-W.Va.)
Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) – retiring, voted against 2007 bill
Tester (D-Mont.) – voted against 2007 bill

LIKELY NO (12)
Barrasso (R-Wyo.) – voted against motion to proceed
Boozman (R-Ark.) – voted against motion to proceed
Cochran (R-Miss.) – voted against motion to proceed
Cornyn (R-Texas) – voted no in committee
Crapo (R-Idaho) – voted against motion to proceed
Enzi (R-Wyo.) – voted against motion to proceed
Inhofe (R-Okla.) – voted against motion to proceed
Paul (R-Ky.)
Risch (R-Idaho) – voted against motion to proceed
Roberts (R-Kan.) – voted against motion to proceed
Scott (R-S.C.) – voted against motion to proceed
Shelby (R-Ala.) – voted against motion to proceed

NO (5)
Cruz (R-Texas) – wrote letter in opposition, voted no in committee
Grassley (R-Iowa) – wrote letter in opposition, voted no in committee
Lee (R-Utah) – wrote letter in opposition, voted no in committee
Sessions (R-Ala.) – wrote letter in opposition, voted no in committee
Vitter (R-La.) – announced opposition

DamianTV
06-20-2013, 08:49 PM
There goes my chances for ever finding full time work again in my lifetime without moving to Norway.

oyarde
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/06/20/the-senate-immigration-bill-whip-list/

I see 20 No that you can count on, I spoke to one, he said , 30 no can be counted, there you go ....

Lucille
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Where do I apply to become an illegal alien? They sure are special to the Ruling Class.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CtaJhefExGk/UcObdz0ZzEI/AAAAAAABMvY/-RCqwHO5Rl8/s1600/130620-crime-pays-under-s744.gif

This is nuts. Another bigass bill full of bullshit.

Anyone currently here illegally with no criminal record can be given permanent residence status and work visas, with no path to citizenship ever and no welfare ever-including those who were brought here as kids. The rest can be deported. End the "secure the border" police statism (tear down the creepy fucking fences and eliminate the Naziesque checkpoints), trash E-Verify, and the Ruling Class can also stick their bipartisan dream of biometric nat'l ID cards up their tyrannical asses. Ease regs on visas and legal immigration going forward, and any future illegal immigrants will be deported posthaste and never be allowed to apply for any type of visa or US citizenship.

AuH20
06-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Where do I apply to become an illegal alien? They sure are special to the Ruling Class.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CtaJhefExGk/UcObdz0ZzEI/AAAAAAABMvY/-RCqwHO5Rl8/s1600/130620-crime-pays-under-s744.gif

This is nuts. Another bigass bill full of bullshit.

Anyone currently here illegally with no criminal record can be given permanent residence status and work visas, with no path to citizenship ever and no welfare ever-including those who were brought here as kids. The rest can be deported. End the "secure the border" police statism (tear down the creepy fucking fences and eliminate the Naziesque checkpoints), trash E-Verify, and the Ruling Class can also stick their bipartisan dream of biometric nat'l ID cards up their tyrannical asses. Ease regs on visas and legal immigration going forward, and any future illegal immigrants will be deported posthaste and never be allowed to apply for any type of visa or US citizenship.

Too bad that tax evaders aren't treated with the same gentleness.

Legend1104
06-21-2013, 01:02 PM
From what I have heard it seems like crap and Lee/Paul seem to voting no, but truthfully I actually have not followed it enough to know why it is so bad. Can someone give me the cliffs-notes?

tsai3904
06-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Hoeven and Corker just released their border security amendment today. It's 1,190 pages and cloture will be voted on Monday.

The four Gang of 8 Republicans are cosponsors along with Ayotte, Hatch, Heller, Kirk and Murkowski.

That's 65 votes in favor if all Democrats support.

Zippyjuan
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Not likely to pass the House.

tsai3904
06-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Not likely to pass the House.

Yea but if the Senate bill garners a lot of votes, it will put a lot of pressure on House Republicans to pass something.

JCDenton0451
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Yea but if the Senate bill garners a lot of votes, it will put a lot of pressure on House Republicans to pass something.

This is the House that recently voted to expel the "Dreamers". I can't imagine them voting for full Amnesty...unless Boehner abandons the Hastert rule...it will probably cost him the speakership though...but what would Boehner do if Sheldon Adelson personally offered him $10.000.000? The money (Very Big Money) has been behind this latest Amnesty push from the very beginning.

JustinTime
06-21-2013, 04:16 PM

If we had a well functioning democracy the only pressure they'd feel would be from their constituents. I think its points strongly to some sort of behind-the-scenes chicanery that politicians regularly feel so much pressure from anything else.

torchbearer
06-21-2013, 04:22 PM
There goes my chances for ever finding full time work again in my lifetime without moving to Norway.

in louisiana, the farmers are hiring.
if you are interested in full time employment working cane fields, i can get your resume to the farmers at the co-op.
they'd rather english speaking workers.