PDA

View Full Version : Nextdoor.com - A Tool for Mobilizing Your Local Community or Another NSA Funded Nightmare?

dannno
06-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Discuss.

asurfaholic
06-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Care to explain what it is? I don't want to go to the website if its a NSA funded nightmare...

dannno
06-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Care to explain what it is? I don't want to go to the website if its a NSA funded nightmare...

It's a seemingly harmless social networking site that splits up your community into neighborhoods, then you join your neighborhood and try and get your neighbors to join (must be able to verify your address) and then you post about local community events and projects. People can voice concerns, provide information that may be important for their neighbors, etc..

Anti Federalist
06-20-2013, 06:00 PM
It's a seemingly harmless social networking site that splits up your community into neighborhoods, then you join your neighborhood and try and get your neighbors to join (must be able to verify your address) and then you post about local community events and projects. People can voice concerns, provide information that may be important for their neighbors, etc..

I'd stab a muthafucker in the eye if they started posting shit like that.

dannno
06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
I'd stab a muthafucker in the eye if they started posting shit like that.

Well ya I probably wouldn't post where and when we are holding Militia practice, but they had a trail work volunteer day posted on mine and I found that pretty handy.

asurfaholic
06-20-2013, 06:08 PM

Thanks

To respond to your OP, I don't know obviously which it is. But that doesn't matter anyway, the NSA has its hands all over my man boobs anyways. They have my phone, emails, ect. Another site will probably not really amount to much, but the NSA certainly has the capabilities to utilize anything they find anyways.

I do not participate in websites like such. I am a private person by nature, so the neighbors around me that I know are only friends because they went out of their way to meet me, or things just lined up right.

Most of the people around here are intellectually bankrupt. Either they support Obama, or they support Bush/Romney type republicans. I have a hard time being nice to people who support the system that is crashing the world around me.

dannno
06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks

To respond to your OP, I don't know obviously which it is. But that doesn't matter anyway, the NSA has its hands all over my man boobs anyways. They have my phone, emails, ect. Another site will probably not really amount to much, but the NSA certainly has the capabilities to utilize anything they find anyways.

I do not participate in websites like such. I am a private person by nature, so the neighbors around me that I know are only friends because they went out of their way to meet me, or things just lined up right.

Most of the people around here are intellectually bankrupt. Either they support Obama, or they support Bush/Romney type republicans. I have a hard time being nice to people who support the system that is crashing the world around me.

Well I'm not in it so much for the socializing, I just like to know what's happening around me. Also I just moved to an area that is prone for having fires - in fact there was a fire on the other side of the mountain when I moved in and one day I had to move stuff in when it was all smokey... Almost as bad as having to move in the rain (but not quite). So I could see where this website might be handy to find out information about any potential fires we may have and evacuations in my neighborhood as well as events.

dannno
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
bump

06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Social networking, not even once.

talkingpointes
06-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Why don't you connect and run an Ip scan program? peerblock?

KCIndy
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Call me paranoid, but I would be pretty damn nervous signing up for something like this.

The first thing that jumps out at me is: All the dissenters are wrapped up in one tidy location. Addresses and identities are already confirmed, and complaints are now a matter of record.

But... who knows?

I'm probably overreacting.

:D

06-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Call me paranoid, but I would be pretty damn nervous signing up for something like this.

The first thing that jumps out at me is: All the dissenters are wrapped up in one tidy location. Addresses and identities are already confirmed, and complaints are now a matter of record.

But... who knows?

I'm probably overreacting.

:D

That's what the white house petitions are for.

belian78
06-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I find with things like this to just assume that the CIA/DHS/NSA have their hands in it, because even if they don't, hey could have in a short amount of time anyways. Not only that, but with monitoring all the megadata, they could know everything about the project in about a day if they wanted to.