PDA

View Full Version : Weiner causes gay uproar

green73
06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Two state legislators are accusing former Congressman Anthony Weiner of displaying a “lack of moral courage” in the face of what they slammed as a “homophobic, misogynistic slur” made by a voter referring to their chosen candidate: City Council Speaker Christine Quinn. And they want him to apologize.

The offense occurred in The Washington Post, which published a lengthy story Thursday on the mayor’s race that included this scene that described Mr. Weiner’s interaction with a voter on the campaign trail:

“You a registered Democrat?” he asked an elderly woman wheeling a shopping cart by him.

“I am,” she said. “And I’m not voting for uh, what’s her name? The dyke.”

“Okay. I just need you to sign the petition to get me on the ballot,” said Weiner, who then noticed the incredulous reaction of a reporter and added, “and you really shouldn’t talk that way about people.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the woman said.

“It’s okay,” Weiner responded. “It’s not your fault.”

The response left Assemblywoman Deborah Glick and State Senator Brad Hoylman–who have both endorsed Ms. Quinn’s campaign–seething.

“We are appalled by the account in the Washington Post of Anthony Weiner’s unacceptable response to a prospective voter’s homophobic, misogynistic slur in reference to Christine Quinn,” they wrote in a statement Thursday. “Weiner’s response to this blatant display of homophobia is completely inappropriate and extremely alarming. There is nothing ‘okay’ about homophobia and it’s never ‘okay’ to condone bias-based slurs or hate speech of any kind.”

They argued that such language was indicative of the larger challenges faced by female and openly gay political candidates.

“The voter’s use of the term demonstrates the challenges women candidates and lesbians in particular face, and Weiner’s failure to swiftly and firmly condemn her language demonstrates his lack of moral courage,” they added. “We demand an immediate apology from Mr. Weiner on behalf of LGBT and women New Yorkers.”

The Empire State Pride Agenda also added its admonition in a release that also criticized Mr. Weiner for not responding to an anti-gay comment at a recent mayoral forum.

“It’s unfortunate that we need to issue a public statement on this at all, but this is becoming a disturbing pattern,” said the group’s Executive Director Nathan Schaefer in a statement. “Anthony Weiner should know better: actually, Congressman, it’s NOT ‘okay’ to condone a homophobic slur, and it’s also not okay to sit by in silence as they are used in your presence … You are asking New Yorkers for your vote, and we hope that we will see leadership on this issue in the future, as well as an apology now. No leader should ever send a message that homophobia is ‘okay.’”

Mr. Weiner, of course, was forced to resign from Congress two years ago after sending lewd pictures to women and then lying about it. But the incident has not yet been broached directly by most of the major candidates, including Ms. Quinn.

Update (3:30 p.m):

Mr. Weiner addressed the controversy following a speech on health care policy, telling reports that he “won’t tolerate” homophobic slurs.

“Let me make it clear that when I heard the person make a remark, it was in a scrum of literally dozens of people around me on a street corner. When I heard that woman make that remark, I immediately admonished her not to say anything further,” he told reporters. “I have no memory of saying anything beyond that to the woman.”

“Let me make it very clear that any other incidence of any type of slur against any community, I won’t tolerate. I think I’ve got a very long record going back to my first days running for Congress in a conservative district, endorsing gay marriage in 1998. I feel very strongly about these issues and I did admonish the woman and if there was something else that was said that was anyway interpreted as anything else, that was wrong. I admonished the woman and I don’t believe she should have said what she said.”

“I worked my entire career to–in an often very conservative environment, in a district that had a heavy Orthodox Jewish and religious Catholic constituency–to embrace the ideas of civil liberties for all people. I was one of the earliest endorsers of gay marriage in the New York congressional delegation. And I think that what was said was wrong and I said it at the time. Any other impression that might have been left was wrong. I admonish it.”

http://politicker.com/2013/06/state-legisaltors-slam-anthony-weiner-for-lack-of-moral-courage/

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Another gay thread?

dannno
06-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Leave Weiner alone!!

http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/meme-prints/leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

heavenlyboy34
06-20-2013, 04:19 PM
LoL^^ and LOL @ thread title. :D

Carlybee
06-20-2013, 04:21 PM
He'll live...you can't keep a good Weiner down

dannno
06-20-2013, 04:23 PM

I dunno, I think this might just be the tip of the Weiner.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 04:24 PM
I dunno, I think this might just be the tip of the Weiner.

It could be huge.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM
not as stupid as someone taking that Paula Deen whatever her name is to court over saying the "N" word I can't even say it on RPF because it's censored. ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******

jkob
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM
establishment dems really turned against Weiner, it is amazing that he was their golden boy just a couple years ago

Anti Federalist
06-20-2013, 04:31 PM
So, what does this **** grievance group expect Weiner should have done?

Erupt at this woman?

dannno
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM

Erupt at this woman?

If I were Weiner I would have spat in her eye.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM

I would have gone into convulsions.

Acala
06-20-2013, 04:43 PM

Erupt at this woman?

Bashed her.

green73
06-20-2013, 04:44 PM

Gays will never get over bad Weiner.

Carlybee
06-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Its a limp issue at best

UWDude
06-20-2013, 04:50 PM
He handled it well.

green73
06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Its a limp issue at best

I think his enemies will strap on to it.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2013, 04:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WDmnUFB.gif

Brian4Liberty
06-20-2013, 04:56 PM
General Politics?

dannno
06-20-2013, 04:58 PM
General Politics?

Man's political career constantly destroyed by last name. Should have had it changed, afterall.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Man's political career constantly destroyed by last name. Should have had it changed, afterall.

Posting it online didn't help either.

heavenlyboy34
06-20-2013, 05:10 PM
They should beware of his iron fist.

Pericles
06-20-2013, 05:11 PM
He handled it well.

He's a putz who thinks we are all schmucks.

erowe1
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I think you could have come up with a better thread title:
"Gays uproarious over Weiner," or "Weiner attracts gays' attention," or something. And that's just off the top of my head.

green73
06-20-2013, 05:16 PM
I think you could have come up with a better thread title:
"Gays uproarious over Weiner," or "Weiner attracts gays' attention," or something. And that's just off the top of my head.

Wow, you just totally shamed me with your brilliance. Just off the top of your head that was? Amazing.

tod evans
06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
What a load of self-righteous poppycock!

Expecting a candidate to correct the proper use of slang used by a potential voter who was his senior..

Fuck off *****!

shane77m
06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
To all of the zingers on this thread I give you a

http://youtu.be/oShTJ90fC34

All my jokes are flaccid in comparison.

ronpaulfollower999
06-20-2013, 05:42 PM
not as stupid as someone taking that Paula Deen whatever her name is to court over saying the "N" word I can't even say it on RPF because it's censored. ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******

****** (derogatory f word for gay) is censored too.

I guess RPF is politically correct....

Philhelm
06-20-2013, 05:43 PM

Anthony Savage?

Philhelm
06-20-2013, 05:45 PM

Fabulous?

Carlybee
06-20-2013, 05:53 PM

Yes, they won't go soft on him.

erowe1
06-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes, they won't go soft on him.

They won't bend for Weiner, which is ironic I guess.

heavenlyboy34
06-20-2013, 06:02 PM

Or perhaps anti-cigarette? Anti-bassoon? /shrugs

erowe1
06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Weiner ejaculates, "Come on, gays!"

Henry Rogue
06-20-2013, 06:08 PM
“Weiner’s response to this blatant display of homophobia is completely inappropriate and extremely alarming. There is nothing ‘okay’ about homophobia and it’s never ‘okay’ to condone bias-based slurs or hate speech of any kind.” Why is this person so angry with a person who is suffering from a disease.

A phobia (from the Greek: φόβος, Phóbos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is, when used in the context of clinical psychology, a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational. In the event the phobia cannot be avoided entirely, the sufferer will endure the situation or object with marked distress and significant interference in social or occupational activities.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhobiaLook, I have no fight with people who are gay, But enough with the made up homophobia new speak. Either a person has a phobia and should be treated with compassion or the person is biased and you can treat them with all the contempt they show you. Homophobia is not a word born of science or medicine, It is a word born of politics.

acptulsa
06-20-2013, 06:14 PM
The lady may have had an encounter with Weiner, but it's the reporters who are all wet.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
This is a really long Weiner thread.

erowe1
06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
This is a really long Weiner thread.

It looks that way now, but once it's all done, it will practically disappear.

erowe1
06-20-2013, 06:21 PM

erowe1
06-20-2013, 06:24 PM
"You know, to pee with." spokesperson says when asked what Weiner is for.

Slutter McGee
06-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Shitty pun thread? What is this....FARK?

Slutter McGee

green73
06-20-2013, 06:40 PM

Slutter McGee

Where is Debbie Downer when you need her?

James Madison
06-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Erupt at this woman?

Should have beat her until liquid came out of her head.

heavenlyboy34
06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
LMAO! :D Epic pun thread is epic. :cool:

MelissaWV
06-20-2013, 07:02 PM
This is not the first Weiner to offend Ms. Quinn.

Carlybee
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
He may be spent with the gay liberals

Anti Federalist
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
This is not the first Weiner to offend Ms. Quinn.

Wins thread.

Ya'll can go home now.

Carlybee
06-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Ya'll can go home now.

well that sucks

MelissaWV
06-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Wins thread.

Ya'll can go home now.

That's premature.

heavenlyboy34
06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
well that sucks

That's premature.
Swallow and savor the memory.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
//

Sola_Fide
06-20-2013, 07:44 PM
What completely baffles me as a Christian is how so many people are taken in by the homosexual propagandist manipulation. On the one hand, homosexuals define their life by their sexuality. They want special rights and special recognition based on their sexual perversion. But on the other hand, they decry any public recognition of their homosexuality, and detest any classification of their sexuality.

This is classic manipulation. Only fools fall for it.

DamianTV
06-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Thread title reeks of Irony

MelissaWV
06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
What completely baffles me as a Christian is how so many people are taken in by the homosexual propagandist manipulation. On the one hand, homosexuals define their life by their sexuality. They want special rights and special recognition based on their sexual perversion. But on the other hand, they decry any public recognition of their homosexuality, and detest any classification of their sexuality.

It's kind of how you define yourself all over these forums, but thankfully most of us don't fall for it :)

green73
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
//

I know! What does one say after that?!

Sola_Fide
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
It's kind of how you define yourself all over these forums, but thankfully most of us don't fall for it :)

Really? How do you think I do this?

Antischism
06-20-2013, 07:55 PM

They don't define their lives by their sexuality, they live in a society that has actively made it shameful to come out as homosexual. If you suppress a person's sexuality for years and the barriers eventually start breaking down/ignorance decreases, what do you think is going to happen? You're also generalizing. Some people are so ashamed by their homosexuality due to religion and society beating it in their heads that what they naturally feel is evil, that they become psychologically damaged and afraid of ever revealing their sexuality. If people try to out them, it's going to make them extremely uncomfortable. Others are more open about it and celebrate the ability to live a little more free and closer to heterosexuals in being themselves without fear of backlash/beatings/repercussions.

amy31416
06-20-2013, 07:57 PM

Best dick joke of the entire thread. Kudos!

DamianTV
06-20-2013, 07:58 PM
They don't define their lives by their sexuality, they live in a society that has actively made it shameful to come out as homosexual. If you suppress a person's sexuality for years and the barriers eventually start breaking down/ignorance decreases, what do you think is going to happen? You're also generalizing. Some people are so ashamed by their homosexuality due to religion and society beating it in their heads that what they naturally feel is evil, that they become psychologically damaged and afraid of ever revealing their sexuality. If people try to out them, it's going to make them extremely uncomfortable. Others are more open about it and celebrate the ability to live a little more free and closer to heterosexuals in being themselves without fear of backlash/beatings/repercussions.

Is a difference. People of all sexualities only want one thing, to be left alone in their sexual decisions. IE equal rights, etc.

MelissaWV
06-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Really? How do you think I do this?

http://dealbreaker.com/uploads/2011/11/dancing-hot-dog.jpg

This should doubly disturb you. Enjoy :)

MelissaWV
06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
My YouTube vid was being uncooperative.

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=8oCnLTrXIds

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 08:05 PM
I know! What does one say after that?!

Not much, that one is pretty hard to beat.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 08:09 PM

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=8oCnLTrXIds

And now for the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=da3Ck_GgMYw

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 08:11 PM

Huh, worked for me.

PaulConventionWV
06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
He handled it well.

Hey, that's not an innuendo! You're fired from this thread!

I lol'd at all the puns. Good stuff.

AFPVet
06-20-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't understand this... I thought gays loved Weiner?

MelissaWV
06-20-2013, 08:27 PM

This is the problem with stereotyping. It just so happens some of them MUCH prefer this person:

http://www.co.benton.wa.us/UltimateEditorInclude/UserFiles/Common/Images/Meet_Commissioner_Beaver_10-28-2009_010324.jpg
District 3 Commissioner James R. Beaver

PaulConventionWV
06-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Why is this person so angry with a person who is suffering from a disease.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhobiaLook, I have no fight with people who are gay, But enough with the made up homophobia new speak. Either a person has a phobia and should be treated with compassion or the person is biased and you can treat them with all the contempt they show you. Homophobia is not a word born of science or medicine, It is a word born of politics.

This is true. It is not a disease. It's hyperbole.

Needless to say, I think this is ridiculous. People shouldn't be expected to correct everyone they meet on their language like they would their own child. Who are they to tell him what is an acceptable response to such language? It's not like the woman's going to learn anything because he said "That's not nice; shame on you" or something to that effect. It's just like the thought police trying to tell us what our attitude should be toward people who speak this way, and oh, surprise, it's only the gays that get this treatment. The controlling attitude of these people makes me sick.

angelatc
06-20-2013, 08:30 PM
This is the best thread ever.

James Madison
06-20-2013, 08:31 PM
This is the problem with stereotyping. It just so happens some of them MUCH prefer this person:

Gays like Beaver? I was always partial Mrs. Cleaver, myself.

http://celebritygossipwall.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/images/0e13b7044b_120507061131-tv-mom-june-cleaver-barbara-billingsley-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Babe status: Confirmed.

PaulConventionWV
06-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Is a difference. People of all sexualities only want one thing, to be left alone in their sexual decisions. IE equal rights, etc.

We already have equal rights.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 08:47 PM
This is the best thread ever.

And Melissa is really stroking it.

mad cow
06-20-2013, 09:13 PM

http://www.co.benton.wa.us/UltimateEditorInclude/UserFiles/Common/Images/Meet_Commissioner_Beaver_10-28-2009_010324.jpg

Just wait 'till Weiner starts being hard on the Beaver.

bolil
06-20-2013, 09:15 PM
A flaccid Weiner wins no Beaver.

erowe1
06-20-2013, 09:38 PM

Slutter McGee

You and your penetrating analysis.

Origanalist
06-20-2013, 10:22 PM
You and your penetrating analysis.

I don't know, I thought it was kind of anal.

Carlybee
06-20-2013, 10:26 PM
May be time to wrap this up

heavenlyboy34
06-20-2013, 10:40 PM
We already have equal rights.
And some are more equal than other. ;) :(

TheGrinch
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM

Gays may love Weiners, but they know a prick when they see it.

enhanced_deficit
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
"Christine Quinn causes gay uproar" too.

http://unorthodoxyidden.blogspot.com/2013/06/lesbian-christine-quinn-marches-with.htmlMonday, June 3, 2013 Lesbian Christine Quinn Marches With Anti-Gay Symbol at Israeli Day Parade!

http://www.vosizneias.com/assets/uploads/news_photos/thumbnails/700_zj5thye65lin7dlddit40v53wvdxycwg.jpg

Smart3
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM
Is anyone surprised an old woman called a lesbian a dyke? I mean really, how is that any different than negro? Perfectly acceptable to older generations, less acceptable to the next, and unacceptable to the current.

and by the way, what Christine Quinn does with other women is irrelevant. What she does to the people of New York City is relevant.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-21-2013, 04:11 AM

Gay people stole the word ******. I don't even use it to call someone gay, I use it to call them a ******

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Is anyone surprised an old woman called a lesbian a dyke? I mean really, how is that any different than negro? Perfectly acceptable to older generations, less acceptable to the next, and unacceptable to the current.

and by the way, what Christine Quinn does with other women is irrelevant. What she does to the people of New York City is relevant.
SO she actually is a lesbian? Hah classic gold when someone gets offended in the name of somebody else, when it's actually true!

kathy88
06-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Couldn't swallow my coffee thanks to this thread.

tod evans
06-21-2013, 04:40 AM

Good girls...................;)

Origanalist
06-21-2013, 06:57 AM

Sore throat?

VBRonPaulFan
06-21-2013, 07:47 AM
that voter got the Weiner (mushroom) stamp of approval.

erowe1
06-21-2013, 09:10 AM
We joke about the New York mayoral race. But honestly, who out there can beat Weiner? It's going to take a master debater.

MelissaWV
06-21-2013, 06:21 PM
We joke about the New York mayoral race. But honestly, who out there can beat Weiner? It's going to take a master debater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTgW5cnYvUw

heavenlyboy34
06-21-2013, 06:23 PM
It's not polite to spit it out. Swallow as much as you can.

kathy88
06-21-2013, 06:39 PM
LMAO Melissa. You win today's internetz. Madeline Kahn FTW.

Origanalist
06-21-2013, 06:52 PM
It's not polite to spit it out. Swallow as much as you can.

Inserting relevant visual.........

http://i.imgur.com/QIznquw.jpg

belian78
06-21-2013, 07:03 PM

Erupt at this woman?
All over her, even. :toady:

belian78
06-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Hey, that's not an innuendo! You're fired from this thread!

I lol'd at all the puns. Good stuff.
I thought that was one of the funnier initial responses, myself. lol

heavenlyboy34
06-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Inserting relevant visual.........

http://i.imgur.com/QIznquw.jpg Not swallowing fast enough-too much is falling out. Bad manners.

Origanalist
06-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Not swallowing fast enough-too much is falling out. Bad manners.

She looks like she's pretty new at it.......

heavenlyboy34
06-21-2013, 07:22 PM
She looks like she's pretty new at it.......
True. They should've done a few practice runs before the photo session.

Origanalist
06-21-2013, 07:24 PM
True. They should've done a few practice runs before the photo session.

Indeed, practice makes perfect.

AuH20
06-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Rights aren't enough. Now we're calling for mind control???

bolil
06-23-2013, 12:32 AM
If you can't beat her, Weiner.

I offered my honor, she honored my offer. All night long I was honor and offer.

green73
07-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Here he strikes a Mussolini pose as he tries to win them back

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lPhq4dLn61Y/UdO5bKmMbFI/AAAAAAAAMY8/PjLBCMStbik/s640/weiner.jpg

ThePenguinLibertarian
07-03-2013, 05:27 PM
My fucking god. Joe Lhota better step up his game. America loves diversity when it panders to them. Liberals basically use any minority as a prop. Gay ans Lesbian feel that their obligation to support the left is strengthening because of DOMA. Makes me wonder, do you think of anybody else but themselves?

heavenlyboy34
07-03-2013, 05:36 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lPhq4dLn61Y/UdO5bKmMbFI/AAAAAAAAMY8/PjLBCMStbik/s640/weiner.jpg
Holding his rod in good form, I see.

green73
07-03-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1537131/width/1000/height/1000/flags/LL

MelissaWV
07-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Holding his rod in good form, I see.

Eh it's leaning to one side.

ronpaulfollower999
07-03-2013, 06:50 PM

Ahh...gay pride

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/9182217480_0773a8f33b_z.jpg

Origanalist
07-03-2013, 06:53 PM

They all do, but not that much. Weak rod.

heavenlyboy34
07-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Aren't teh ghey flag wavers supposed to do that?

green73
07-03-2013, 06:59 PM
A lot of lesbians are lifetime leaners of the other way.

Generalissimo
07-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Ahh...gay pride

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/9182217480_0773a8f33b_z.jpg

Paid government shills.