PDA

View Full Version : PB&J Sandwiches are racist.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
PORTLAND, Ore. – Dr. Verenice Gutierrez, a principal with Oregon’s Portland Public Schools, has become convinced that America’s “white culture” negatively influences educators’ world view and the manner in which they teach their students.

For instance, last year a teacher in the district presented a lesson that included a reference to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Gutierrez says that by using sandwiches as an illustration, the teacher was engaged in a very subtle form of racism.
“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” asked Gutierrez, according to Portland Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”
Gutierrez is not the only Portland administrator who has become obsessed with identifying such forms of alleged racism. Almost all Portland school leaders have gone through “Coaching for Educational Equity,” a week-long seminar on race that’s conducted by the Pacific Educational Group.
The Pacific Educational Group is the brainchild of Glenn Singleton, whose mission is to enlighten educators about how public schools promote “white culture” and “white privilege.” He argues that those conditions are responsible for the black/white achievement gap that exists throughout America’s public education system.
The Portland school district has certainly taken Singleton’s message to heart.
EAGnews discovered that since the 2010-11 fiscal year, the cash-starved school district has spent $526,901 for services provided by Singleton’s Pacific Educational Group.
That’s a serious “investment,” especially when one realizes the district is facing financial problems, and has been forced to lay off teachers and cut classroom resources.
What are Portland schools getting in return for all the money spent on PEG?
According to the Tribune, Portland educators are subjected to “intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives,” all based on Singleton’s premise that only by becoming aware of the pervasive “white privilege” can teachers change their classroom practices to reach minority students.
In addition to teaching that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist, PEG trains educators to view “rugged individualism,” “adherence to rigid time schedules,” and the belief that “hard work is the key to success” as traits of the dominant white culture.
PEG teaches that minority cultures value “color group collectivism,” “interdependence,” group success, shared property, learning through social relationships, and making life choices based on “what will be best for the family or group.”
Upon receiving this revelation from PEG, educators are encouraged to create culturally sensitive lesson plans that make use of “group homework preparation,” “cooperative projects,” and “choral reading.”
So how’s this new approach working for Gutierrez’s school?
The Tribune reports that “Oregon’s Department of Education just last month identified Harvey Scott School (where Gutierrez is principal) as a ‘focus school,’ which means it’s among the state’s lowest performing 15 percent.”
Perhaps if the staff spent more time on academic fundamentals, instead of obsessing about non-existent racial issues, the students would learn more.
We wonder how taxpayers will react when they discover Portland officials are wasting precious time and money to promote an ideology that may soon classify peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a “hate food.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/15/Portland-Oregon-schools-spent-526-901-to-learn-that-pb-j-sandwiches-are-racist

CaseyJones
06-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I actually like putting PB&J on a tortilla rolling it up

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I actually like putting PB&J on a tortilla rolling it up

Double racist

CaseyJones
06-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Double racist

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/082/456/Okay.png

jmdrake
06-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Hispanics don't eat sandwiches? Isn't it racist to assume all Hispanics eat only tortillas? Imaging if the lesson had said "Don't talk about eating pumpkin pie because black people only eat sweet potato pie."

luctor-et-emergo
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I in fact don't like PB&J Sandwiches, does that make me a racist too ? :eek:

CaseyJones
06-19-2013, 12:12 PM

well you are dutch so you probably like Eel and Jelly or something

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM

You are a European who likes to fish and dislikes PB&J? You are so racist that I do not even know where to begin, Comrade.

luctor-et-emergo
06-19-2013, 12:16 PM
well you are dutch so you probably like Eel and Jelly or something

We eat our sandwiches with cheese ! Among other things, but a lot of cheese.

luctor-et-emergo
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
You are a European who likes to fish and dislikes PB&J? You are so racist that I do not even know where to begin, Comrade.

Well to be honest. I do kind of like all different bread products the world has to offer. Every culture has it's own kind of bread and the different styles are all cool and good to use for different things. I just never would mix PB & J. Last time I checked the peanut butter we have here is vastly different from the stuff in the US.

CaseyJones
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
We eat our sandwiches with cheese ! Among other things, but a lot of cheese.

and mayonnaise which is decidedly racist

Dr.3D
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
I suspect those who make such a thing an issue are in fact being the most racist.

amy31416
06-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Are there PhD programs for extreme political correctness?

Dr. Verenice Gutierrez

Wonder how she feels about bologna on white?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Are there PhD programs for extreme political correctness?

The other day I had a white pizza... I should probably turn myself in for racism against American Indians.

jmdrake
06-19-2013, 12:22 PM

Peanut butter is brown and the fact that you don't like it means you don't like brown people. The only way to make up for this racism is if you like chocolate.

youngbuck
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
If

In addition to teaching that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist, PEG trains educators to view “rugged individualism,” “adherence to rigid time schedules,” and the belief that “hard work is the key to success” as traits of the dominant white culture. = Bad
and

PEG teaches that minority cultures value “color group collectivism,” “interdependence,” group success, shared property, learning through social relationships, and making life choices based on “what will be best for the family or group.” = Good

Then = the slow death of our nation through brainwashing.

I utterly abhor sh*t like this.

Red Green
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
I know Ethiopians don't eat PB&J sandwiches. I learned from Sally Struthers that they only eat flies that land in the bowls they're holding.

But yeah, they should add a little diversity into the curriculum. As a young kid I would have loved to have the teacher introduce Yak-Testicle soup into a lesson. It would have been hilarious!

Dr.3D
06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Hard work isn't the key to success?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM

Of course not. The only key to success is absolute obedience to the government and elected and/or appointed leadership. They will provide all you need, Comrade.

Red Green
06-19-2013, 12:32 PM

No you need a union so you don't actually have to work at all.

Seraphim
06-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Dr. Verenice Gutierrez is a retard. End story.

KEEF
06-19-2013, 12:38 PM
To appease everyone, I eat my PB&J with only Pumpernickel/ Rye swirled bread with jelly made from the fine fruits of the marula tree (Sclerocarya birrea). To further show my multiculturalism, I only use Peanut Butter & Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and then finish it off with a nice heaping side of salsa verde.;)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 12:39 PM
To appease everyone, I eat my PB&J with only Pumpernickel/ Rye swirled bread with jelly made from the fine fruits of the marula tree (Sclerocarya birrea). To further show my multiculturalism, I only use Peanut Butter & Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and then finish it off with a nice heaping side of salsa verde.;)

Hmmm.... Nope... Sorry, still racist.

Philhelm
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Peanut butter is brown and the fact that you don't like it means you don't like brown people. The only way to make up for this racism is if you like chocolate.

It's the opposite. White people like dark softdrinks such as Coke and Pepsi, whereas black people like light softdrinks such as Sprite.

fisharmor
06-19-2013, 12:59 PM

Everything in that article is baloney on whites.

cajuncocoa
06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
is it any wonder Johnny and Janey can't read.

fisharmor
06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
And I thought it was pretty well known that non-Americans don't like peanut butter. Or root beer.

Which I never understood. There's a distinct difference between thinking some ground up nuts are weird, and thinking that eating a fucking deep fried spider or a dead duckling that's been rotting inside its shell is weird.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2013, 01:07 PM

Of course not. The only key to success is absolute obedience to the government and elected and/or appointed leadership. They will provide all you need, Comrade.

"Success" is prohibited, citizen.

To determine success by your own standards, is racist, environmentally unsound and damaging to the collective good.

It may also negatively affect the legitimate power monopoly of the state.

VanBummel
06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
In addition to teaching that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist, PEG trains educators to view “rugged individualism,” “adherence to rigid time schedules,” and the belief that “hard work is the key to success” as traits of the dominant white culture.

Expect non-white students to think for themselves, show up on time, and work hard? Clearly a racist.

ClydeCoulter
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
as to the op:

opal
06-19-2013, 01:25 PM

wait a doggone minute.. I like chocolate AND peanut butter sammiches.. every try peanut butter and nutella? yum!
and what about Elvis.. with the PB-banana and BACON!

And I thought it was pretty well known that non-Americans don't like peanut butter. Or root beer.
SNIP

but but.. pad thai.. isn't that a peanut butter and noodle concoction? and and.. short ribs done with garlic chili sauce (some Asian variety) and peanutbutter *in the crock pot right now btw*

shane77m
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
No pb&j for me. Trying to stay away from wheat and have yet to find an acceptable alternative to bread. :(

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I only eat peanut butter on sliced pears. Jelly serves as a sweetener in my from-scratch sauces. Does that make me sufficiently racist?

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
No pb&j for me. Trying to stay away from wheat and have yet to find an acceptable alternative to bread. :(
Ever tried that gluten-free pumpkin bread? :o

shane77m
06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Ever tried that gluten-free pumpkin bread? :o

Not yet. Bought some breadmix from Bobs Red Mill. I about vomited when I tried it with jelly. Bean taste and jelly do not mix.

KEEF
06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I only eat peanut butter on sliced pears. Jelly serves as a sweetener in my from-scratch sauces. Does that make me sufficiently racist?

Your from-scratch sauce would make you a home grown racist...;)

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Your from-scratch sauce would make you a home grown racist...;)
lolz :D What if I told you I usually use it in combination with BBQ sauce for spicy-sweet sauce?

Anti Federalist
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Everything in that article is baloney on whites.

Have some rep

Ender
06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
and mayonnaise which is decidedly racist

Yep- definitely turns everyone white.

Dr.3D
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
But, but, but, Peanut Butter was invented by a black man.

James Madison
06-19-2013, 02:24 PM

Racist.

The correct term is 'African-American'.

:p

Thor
06-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I think for supper today I am gonna have some lox and bagels (extra cream cheese), then a PB & J on a white corn tortilla, with a side of fried chicken with fresh garlic and Sriracha sauce, a few pork rinds dipped in a ginger mayo, followed by a big old slice of watermelon and a sopapilla with a curry dusting. And a gallon of sweet tea with a 40 ounce malt liquor chaser to drink.

So am I a Black Indo-Asian Redneck Mexican Jew? Or just stuffed and nauseated....

This PB & J witch hunt shows you how far the PC indoctrination brigade will go. Right up there with the zero tolerance suspension for a 7 year old making a "finger gun."

God forbid we only speak English in America, that is racist! And how dare we mention PB & J's.

Oy veh!

This is what happens when a government has too much money.... they make up shit to stay busy.

Cowlesy
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
The end is NIGH.

Working Poor
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I love pad thai guessed that makes me racist...

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I think for supper today I am gonna have some lox and bagels (extra cream cheese), then a PB & J on a white corn tortilla, with a side of fried chicken with fresh garlic and Sriracha sauce, a few pork rinds dipped in a ginger mayo, followed by a big old slice of watermelon and a sopapilla with a curry dusting. And a gallon of sweet tea with a 40 ounce malt liquor chaser to drink.

So am I a Black Indo-Asian Redneck Mexican Jew? Or just stuffed and nauseated....

This PB & J witch hunt shows you how far the PC indoctrination brigade will go. Right up there with the zero tolerance suspension for a 7 year old making a "finger gun."

God forbid we only speak English in America, that is racist! And how dare we mention PB & J's.

Oy veh!

This is what happens when a government has too much money.... they make up shit to stay busy.
This is the essence of multi-multi-layered beurocracy. There are so many people sitting around doing nothing that they create make-work to (sort-of) justify their very existence.

James Madison
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
To the people who disagreed that the political left makes just as stupid, if not more stupid, remarks than the political right...

Imagine if a Conservative had said something this dense. It would be around-the-clock bashing for the liberal media.

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 02:48 PM
To the people who disagreed that the political left makes just as stupid, if not more stupid, remarks than the political right...

Imagine if a Conservative had said something this dense. It would be around-the-clock bashing for the liberal media.
Well, with 24/7 news cycles, they have to make shit up most of the time just to fill the time.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Racist.

The correct term is 'African-American'.

:p

No, that is racist as well.

It is "person of color".

But, don't forgot, "colored person" is racist.

Weston White
06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
That program sounds like it is attempting to distill soft-racism using reverse psychology, while capitalizing on youthful ignorance and providing the profit of one's idol. Seems at least a few school employees need a good old fashion firing!

James Madison
06-19-2013, 03:02 PM

It is "person of color".

But isn't it racist to notice someone is a 'differet color'?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxpieCmjF1qh5u4lo1_500.gif

Occam's Banana
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM

Obviously an "Uncle Tom" ...

The end is NIGH.

NIGH is one letter shy of NIGHT. NIGHT is dark. Thus, you are implicitly associating "the end" - which has negative connotations - with the condition of being dark. You, sir, are cleary a racist.

JustinTime
06-19-2013, 05:24 PM
This is why kids are dumb as hell and love Obama. How can they oppose him? He is black, African-American for Gods sake! I mean, like, haven't you seen Mississippi Burning?

Its like we have a new religion.

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 05:30 PM

It is "person of color".

No, you're wrong. It's "negro". (As in "United Negro College Fund")

Origanalist
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AbhcZtM.jpg

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
lolz :D ^^ But srsly, southern cooking is good. :) :cool:

UpperDecker
06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
So.....they plan to close the education gap between blacks and whites by bringing the whites down? That can't go wrong.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 09:09 PM
I like to cut the crust off of mine.. I understand that I am still consuming the sandwich so that makes me a racist but I like to pretend the crust is the "upper crust" of society and so my small stand against the socio-economic injustices of our world makes me a little less racist....right?

Origanalist
06-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Obviously an "Uncle Tom" ...

NIGH is one letter shy of NIGHT. NIGHT is dark. Thus, you are implicitly associating "the end" - which has negative connotations - with the condition of being dark. You, sir, are cleary a racist.

Impressive, this will be noted on your record comrade.

James Madison
06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I like to cut the crust off of mine.. I understand that I am still consuming the sandwich so that makes me a racist but I like to pretend the crust is the "upper crust" of society and so my small stand against the socio-economic injustices of our world makes me a little less racist....right?

Nope. The crust has a darker complexion than the rest, so by cutting the crust off it's actually more racist.

Origanalist
06-19-2013, 09:13 PM

No, just a lower class racist.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Nope. The crust has a darker complexion than the rest, so by cutting the crust off it's actually more racist.

Ugh... Now I am suffering from white (bread) guilt.

Origanalist
06-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Ugh... Now I am suffering from white (bread) guilt.

As you should be.

JK/SEA
06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzavCL2c3zE

catfeathers
06-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Ok, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Call me racist if you want to...but it was good!

Origanalist
06-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Ok, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Call me racist if you want to...but it was good!

I like em too, with milk. :o

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
I've seen some white kids survive on sugar sammies. Black kids too. Is unfortunate but a reality.

BAllen
06-19-2013, 10:23 PM
So.....they plan to close the education gap between blacks and whites by bringing the whites down? That can't go wrong.

That's the plan! Demoralization and Critical Theory. Criticize any part of white culture, and demoralize the entire society.

James Madison
06-20-2013, 12:49 AM
I like em too, with milk. :o

Fry up some bacon, toss a few caramelized banana slices on it...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/106/887/backpain-1292835351.jpg