PDA

View Full Version : FBI Admits Using Drones Inside US...But Only A Little Bit

Elias Graves
06-19-2013, 11:46 AM
http://rt.com/usa/fbi-director-mueller-drones-947/

Robert Mueller, the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, confirmed to lawmakers that the FBI owns several unmanned aerial vehicles, but has not adopted any strict policies or guidelines yet to govern the use of the controversial aircraft.
“Does the FBI use drones for surveillance on US soil?” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) asked Mr Mueller during an oversight hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Yes,” Mueller responded bluntly, adding that the FBI’s operation of drones is “very seldom.”
---------------

the same as all the other spying. They're doing it to keep us "safe" but only just a little bit.
My question is, if its all legal, why not put em up everywhere? Hmm?

surf
06-19-2013, 12:07 PM
...has not adopted any strict policies or guidelines yet to govern the use of the controversial aircraft. are you f#cking kidding me? even i'm a bit surprised by this.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll just put the head in.

Elias Graves
06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
are you f#cking kidding me? even i'm a bit surprised by this.

You are?
Im not.

:D And I'll pull it out before I'm done, too.
Trust me.

UWDude
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Before Snowden, Mueller would have just plain denied it.

shane77m
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM

just dry humping

twomp
06-19-2013, 04:06 PM
There's a similar article on yahoo. I'll post it here:

FBI director Robert Mueller said the government has used surveillance drones in the U.S. — though "in a very, very minimal way, very seldom" — at a Senate hearing on Wednesday. "It's very seldom used and generally used in a particular incident when you need the capability," Mueller said before the judiciary committee. "It is very narrowly focused on particularized cases and particularized needs." He said he did not know what happens to the images the drones capture.

Mueller's answer came following questioning from California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who said drones were the "biggest threat to privacy" in America today. This is funny, because Feinstein had just given a rousing defense of the National Security Agency's program to collect the metadata on all phone calls made by all Americans. Feinstein is the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, and since Edward Snowden leaked the NSA programs, has dismissed concerns that the government is spying on Americans. At Wednesday's hearing, Feinstein said the NSA collects "not the names, but the data. Not the content, but the data." A drone wouldn't collect the content of your conversation, either. It would only show exactly where you are and when. Which is what your phone call metadata says, too. Nevertheless, Dianne Feinstein is anti-NSA paranoia but pro-drone paranoia.

http://news.yahoo.com/government-spying-america-drones-too-153501700.html